Make Sniper a limited class (FF2)

Mr. Brightside™

Re: Make Sniper a limited class (FF2)

Post by Mr. Brightside™ »

I am in full favor of making the Sniper Class a limited player count. When ever there is a hale, in an open map e.g. dust_showdown or summercamp the majority of people go sniper. Because the vast amount of snipers in the map, scattered all around the area, makes it nearly impossible for the hale to kill them all before the hale dies. Even if they do, many players will jump off a high edge and bushwacka jump back to the same spot. Which will give the snipers even more time to shoot the hale. Some people may even object to that, saying that "A teleporting boss could easily kill them all," I could also say that the hale would have to wait for the teleportation to recharge, so indefinitely making the round even longer. In addition, a good sniper averages around 2000-4000 damage every round, now put that in perspective of multiple snipers, it's ridiculous. Making the sniper class limited to four would give the hale a better chance of winning in some instances, and makes the game more fair for the hale.

In the case of a "non-sniper oriented map," snipers are basically useless, but they still have the potential to taunt trap the hale with the huntsman, which is basically an instant loss for the hale. So limiting the sniper class limit would lower the chances of this happening.
AgentApple50

Re: Make Sniper a limited class (FF2)

Post by AgentApple50 »

I think the sniper is perfect the way he is. Some classes do amazing on certain maps and some classes do terrible on certain maps. Basically what SpicyCandy said. If you are on a open and large map, it's the hales job to know and to take action against snipers as soon as possible, Just like engineers. When I am hale on open maps I ALWAYS attack engineers and snipers first, and most of the time I succeed and win the round. Of course though it all depends on the hales skill level.
Last edited by AgentApple50 on Sun Aug 07, 2016 11:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.