Make Sniper a limited class (FF2)

FawfulRoach
Veteran

Make Sniper a limited class (FF2)

Post by FawfulRoach »

Something that I have been pondering for a while is how powerful the sniper is in FF2. He does a minimum of 145 damage, and a maximum of 450 with 25 ammo. He is one of the most damaging of the 9 classes, so I feel that it is unfair for him to do that much damage with so many people playing him. Especially on wide maps like Dust Showdown, where it is nearly impossible to win as hale. I suggest we limit this class to maybe 4 or 3.

Update: Ive noticed that many people have been mentioning the bushwacka jump. I definetly do agree on getting rid of that or at least nerfing it, however, there are still a few places (like the areas near the spawns on Sewer) where you dont need the bushwacka to do lots of damage, so I still feel like he should be limited due to his damage output as well.
Last edited by FawfulRoach on Sat Aug 06, 2016 12:48 am, edited 2 times in total.
Armen
Veteran

Re: Make Sniper a limited class (FF2)

Post by Armen »

VSH is limited to 3 and it works well. However since FF2 has a bigger player cap, I suggest maybe 4.
AC/DC Freak
Veteran

Post by AC/DC Freak »

4 snipers is good, sniper does way too much dmg and should be limited, i agree with this suggestion 100%.
Dr. Axel Link
Veteran

Post by Dr. Axel Link »

I'd say maybe test it to see how it goes. Not many people only want to play Soldier, Demo, Heavy or Medic if the limited slots are full. I'd like to see how the community would respond to this.

edit: Maybe a high cap of like 10.
Last edited by Dr. Axel Link on Sat Aug 06, 2016 12:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
Visprii
Veteran

Post by Visprii »

I'd rather just have the Bushwacka jump removed. That seems like what makes most snipers get at least 1,500 damage every round since nearly every sniper uses it to survive and be a pain. They already get 435 damage and make the hale highlighted for about 7 seconds with a fully charged shot from a sniper rifle. I don't see why he needs to climb up walls too.
Last edited by Visprii on Sat Aug 06, 2016 12:46 am, edited 3 times in total.
--------------
SMURFASAURUS wrote: Alberta? You're proud of living in a province that's named after a 40 year old Mexican Housekeeper?
White Sedan
Veteran

Post by White Sedan »

FawfulRoach wrote:Especially on wide maps like Dust Showdown
Exactly. Sniper can only do damage like that on extremely wide open maps. He's basically useless on maps like pool day or grid walls. I think the main issue is the Bushwick a not his damage. No one had any complaints about Sniper until the Bushwacka jump got added.
Last edited by White Sedan on Sat Aug 06, 2016 12:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
----
Hoff wrote:Consider yourself lucky I am not taking legal action against your server.
Varple
Veteran

Post by Varple »

I think we should have a meeting about this, since a lot of us have different opinions about the sniper.
Ruhlar wrote: Excuse me, you motherfuckers
Ruhlar wrote: Locking my posts, the fuck you think you are? B1
Armen
Veteran

Post by Armen »

Dr. Axel Link wrote: edit: Maybe a high cap of like 10.
That is way too much. I'd say 5 max but would prefer 4.
Gandolf Rodriguez wrote:I'd rather just have the Bushwacka jump removed. That seems like what makes most snipers get at least 1,500 damage every round since nearly every sniper uses it to survive and be a pain. They already get 435 damage and make the hale highlighted for about 7 seconds with a fully charged shot from a sniper rifle. I don't see why he needs to climb up walls too.
Removing the Bushwacka would not be wise imo.
If you look at a lot of snipers who play, they tend to use the Bushwacka. It allows the sniper to get up to higher spots that are harder to get so that they survive longer. Removing it would probably just make sniper useless to people.
Last edited by Armen on Sat Aug 06, 2016 2:07 am, edited 2 times in total.
FawfulRoach
Veteran

Post by FawfulRoach »

Varple wrote:I think we should have a meeting about this, since a lot of us have different opinions about the sniper.
Agreed
Last edited by FawfulRoach on Sat Aug 06, 2016 2:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
LewandaSillyFeathers
Server Admin

Post by LewandaSillyFeathers »

Maybe a 4 to 5 limit? I love the bushwaka and would be sad to see it go, but I think having a meeting would be the smartest idea and also seeing what regulars would think about a class limit/ removing bushwaka

Why would you ever accept fear when you have the power to refuse it?
SkyBlue: He didn't lick it good enough.
Onion: is it cause of my race?