Make Sniper a limited class (FF2)

Visprii
Veteran

Re: Make Sniper a limited class (FF2)

Post by Visprii »

Armen wrote:Removing the Bushwacka would not be wise imo.
If you look at a lot of snipers who play, they tend to use the Bushwacka. It allows the sniper to get up to higher spots that are harder to get so that they survive longer. Removing it would probably just make sniper useless to people.
We have tons of good players who play sniper, some of them can get up to literally 10,000 damage, removing the Bushwacka would not be a bad idea at all. Like Sedan said, we've never had people complain until the Bushwacka jump was added.

However it's up to the majority of regulars/admins to what they think.
Last edited by Visprii on Sat Aug 06, 2016 3:07 am, edited 6 times in total.
--------------
SMURFASAURUS wrote: Alberta? You're proud of living in a province that's named after a 40 year old Mexican Housekeeper?
Varple
Veteran

Post by Varple »

Gandolf Rodriguez wrote:
Armen wrote:Removing the Bushwacka would not be wise imo.
If you look at a lot of snipers who play, they tend to use the Bushwacka. It allows the sniper to get up to higher spots that are harder to get so that they survive longer. Removing it would probably just make sniper useless to people.
We have tons of good players who play sniper, some of them can get up to literally 10,000 damage, removing the Bushwacka would not be a bad idea at all. Like Sedan said, we've never had people complain until the Bushwacka jump was added.

However it's up to the majority of regulars/admins to what they think.
And the majority of the regulars are fine with the bushwacka. They didn't complain when we added more damage taken by it. But they will complain if we remove it all together.
Last edited by Varple on Sat Aug 06, 2016 3:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ruhlar wrote: Excuse me, you motherfuckers
Ruhlar wrote: Locking my posts, the fuck you think you are? B1
Mindacos
Veteran

Post by Mindacos »

I feel like people would complain if either the Bushwacka got removed or if the Sniper got a player limit. It's a lose/lose situation no matter how you see it.
Though i'd prefer to see the bushwacka being removed or nerfed rather than having the sniper get a player limit, I feel that the sniper is fine the way he is currently.

Any class can perform really well on certain maps, there's maps where I can see demos and heavies easily racking up 3000-6000 per round, and they don't have a player limit either. It doesn't mean they need to be player-capped though.
Last edited by Mindacos on Sat Aug 06, 2016 3:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
Lappi

Post by Lappi »

I think the Bushwacka should stay, but with an increase of self-damage so you only have like 3-4 jumps without healing.
Varple
Veteran

Post by Varple »

Lappi wrote:I think the Bushwacka should stay, but with an increase of self-damage so you only have like 3-4 jumps without healing.
The self damage is already big enough to where he only gets 3-4 jumps. However most snipers use the cozy camper which heals them. Also they have the chance of not making the jump and just failing all together, which kills them.
Last edited by Varple on Sat Aug 06, 2016 3:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ruhlar wrote: Excuse me, you motherfuckers
Ruhlar wrote: Locking my posts, the fuck you think you are? B1
Illuse
Veteran

Post by Illuse »

I am kind-a eh on the whole cap idea but I have to say this open maps like dust showdown have a ton of snipers where caps would greatly help, but mainly the big open maps only have so many snipers. I have never been a fan of those large maps because of all the snipers with bush wacka jumps are all over the place. So I guess I am kind-a half in for caps and half against setting caps.
"Here's a ref while you suck his furry cock" Idjit
Darkone2e
Veteran

Post by Darkone2e »

Ok this happens to be a valid point. The sniper should have a class limit of 4 to 5, the bushwhacka jump should also have a limit placed on it so a sniper can only climb so high without an overheal from a medic, say 5 hits to the wall max. this means damage to be raised to what ever amount would be 20% of the total health of the sniper upon use of the weapon to jump with. This might take away the overuse of the bushwhacka to troll the hale at the end of the round as well. :ugeek:
Genphyonic

Post by Genphyonic »

Armen wrote:
Dr. Axel Link wrote: edit: Maybe a high cap of like 10.
That is way too much. I'd say 5 max but would prefer 4.
Indeed that does seem a bit too much. But, I believe because we do have a larger amount of players then our standard VSH servers, 6 would be a great balance to me because, It isn't too little to the point that regulars will complain too often and it isn't too much so that it's basically having no cap on the class at all.

Darkone2e wrote:Ok this happens to be a valid point.The sniper should have a class limit of 4 to 5, the bushwhacka jump should also have a limit placed on it so a sniper can only climb so high without an overheal from a medic, say 5 hits to the wall max. this means damage to be raised to what ever amount would be 20% of the total health of the sniper upon use of the weapon to jump with. This might take away the overuse of the bushwhacka to troll the hale at the end of the round as well. :ugeek:
In addition to what Darkone2e said about a maximum of 5 hits to a wall or object, I also feel like the Bushwhacka should have a limit but a limit to which after the limit has been met the Bushwacka will be replaced with a buffed Tribalman's shiv with penalty of a 15% slower swing speed but with a greater bleed damage and doesn't get any crits like what the Cozy camper does with the smg. It will still keep the uniqueness of the wall jump but also be useful and not just another re-skin of the Kukri again. And finally if sniper was set to 4 I feel people would like to keep the Bushwhacka as it is right now as a compensation. Though avoiding any cap on the sniper and just removing the Bushwhacka works as well. :think:
Last edited by Genphyonic on Sat Aug 06, 2016 7:26 am, edited 3 times in total.
Dubstab
Veteran

Post by Dubstab »

I feel like you're right. Seeing at least 10 snipers on large open maps is killing..

My suggestion? Considering that strong classes like engi and spy have a restriction of max 4, I would say that the max of 5 is decent, as I don't think Sniper is as strong or annoying as one of those classes.
SpicyCandy
Forum Mod

Post by SpicyCandy »

While all of the points that are listed in this thread are quite valid, do keep in mind that implementing a sniper cap only affects gameplay concerning "sniper maps", (i.e. dust_showdown,etc)

Remember that the admin team often tell our regulars that each boss performs differently and has a different approach in how to kill enemies. The same applies for sniper maps. Hales must be aware that the map is large and snipers will be a major threat on those maps. They must either target the snipers first or perhaps choose a hale that counters snipers effectively (i.e. Wobbuffet)

The bushwhacka is, I personally believe, fine as it is. Perhaps increase the damage taken by the Bushwhacka slightly; however, a good percentage of health is already sapped per jump.

AC/DCFreak has mentioned that the top of the doors and the top of the windows in vsh_toyfort are immensely difficult for any non-teleporting hale to gain access to, let alone kill the snipers camping in those locations. Although this thread does not mention exploits, I have a feeling that should a few spots on certain maps be blocked due to their unfairness, the complaints against snipers will decrease greatly.
Last edited by SpicyCandy on Sat Aug 06, 2016 8:55 am, edited 2 times in total.