Additional maps on Payload server

My Sanity

Additional maps on Payload server

Post by My Sanity »

Hello everyone!

I've been playing on the payload server for a good while now and would love to see more people show up on the server. Its one of the last 'normal' servers which I think could play a role in the community since the comp update.

When we do get people on the server, I hear people complain about the server maps and lack of attention to the server which leads to people dis-connecting.

I would like to suggest, in addition to the payload maps, for some of the Attack/Defend, CTF, and KOTH maps to be added to the server. I think it will help diversify the servers offerings which I think would bring in more people. (Offer a service not many have = group exposure/Economics supply/demand/etc).

If its not possible, I understand :)

Side note: If the server ends up staying busy/populated, will applications to become an admin to that specific server become available?

Mainly just curious at this point :)

Thanks!

My (Plausible) Sanity
Last edited by My Sanity on Sun Aug 14, 2016 5:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

"Pretty fucking cool man" - Fire 2017
"Fire: Don't tell anyone" - Fire 2018
"If I find out who stole my shit, I'm gonna slap you." - Fire 2019

I go by Plausible Sanity on the servers.

Haku*
Veteran

Re: Additional maps on Payload server

Post by Haku* »

According to my current knowledge about the server the only reason it's still up is to use it for events or a spare server to try stuff with.

We actually tried to add new payload maps to the rotation but the problem is that people are simultaneously not willing to try new stuff but also get bored of the old stuff. I and we tried to get people on the server as much as possible but it just wouldn't stay afloat because people would always join valve servers or communities like skial to play vanilla in. (with valve destroying pubs this situation might have changed)

I would love to try the idea of just dumping the server full of maps and gamemodes to make it sorta like a ''deathmatch'' server or a vanilla server but since this is not the first time a vanilla server has failed in this community I'm not sure if people are still willing to try.

If the server gets a solid player base and becomes active obviously the need for new admins would arise because I couldn't keep admining the server solo (and even with the help of globals).
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Clicking the image above brings you to my profile. Technology, right?
Have a great day!