[Deathrun] Heavy speed boost for stock fists

AgentApple50

[Deathrun] Heavy speed boost for stock fists

Post by AgentApple50 »

I decided to make this thread after watching players without any speed boost items as heavy fail on jumps. On certain maps it is impossible to do certain jumps or pass some obstacles without any form of speed boost as heavy. I propose a solution, if a heavy has the stock fists equipped, it will give him a 10% boost while active. I think this change is needed and would be nice for players who do not have speed weapons or don't use them.
Mindacos
Veteran

Re: [Deathrun] Heavy speed boost for stock fists

Post by Mindacos »

It's a nice little concept, although I don't think it's something that NEEDS to be implemented. The only negative about this would be that people who like playing heavy with no speed boosts as a challenge would be affected by this.
I wouldn't be opposed to it, though I don't think it's something that should be prioritized on.(And it's not like getting a GRU/Eviction Notice is that hard anyways lol)
Last edited by Mindacos on Thu Sep 15, 2016 12:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deity of the Mask
Veteran

Post by Deity of the Mask »

i agree with Mindacos entirely

Amiibo Alex wrote: My uncle is a lawyer, and I will take legal action to this.
Dongle
Forum Mod

Post by Dongle »

Personally, I like the idea. I think it should be something that you can toggle, like when you can toggle Hale's speed. Not sure though, it's just something I came up with so I don't know if it'll be effective since most people don't know about adjusting Hale's speed unless I bring it up or someone else mentions it.
ImageImage
AgentApple50

Post by AgentApple50 »

The heavy would only get the speed boost while he has his fists out
NerfPlayeR135

Post by NerfPlayeR135 »

I think the speed boost could be an option, rather than a forced statistic, similar to the Disciplinary Action. Everyone would have the speed boost enabled by default, and the Deathrun options menu could be used to disable or re-enable it. It would help to be more vocal about this new change, however, since the whip boost option kind of sailed over most players' heads.

Also, yes, I'm still alive. Sometimes I take hiatuses from TF2 to play other games.
Long-time Disc-FF veteran and jack-of-all-trades TF2 player.

Disc-FF Stats:
Spoiler
Deathrun: No longer exists...

Freak Fortress #1: