[Deathrun] Skeleton Model Change

AgentApple50

[Deathrun] Skeleton Model Change

Post by AgentApple50 »

Recently a friend who makes maps told me the reason why certain minigames do not work, (ones where the hale is made invisible or given some form of ability) is because the hale has a skeleton model, and custom models cannot be modified. So games where the hale gets a ability do not work. Giving the hale a normal blue model should fix the glitches. This really isn't that big of an issue so if you don't want to change it then completely understand.
Dongle
Forum Mod

Re: [Deathrun] Skeleton Model Change

Post by Dongle »

I'm ok with changing the model if it'll actually make a difference.
ImageImage
Schtolteheim

Post by Schtolteheim »

Dongle wrote:I'm ok with changing the model if it'll actually make a difference.
Agreed.
Last edited by Schtolteheim on Fri Sep 16, 2016 5:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Name's Schtolteheim Reinbach V. I sacrifice at the chance doors so you don't have to.
Deity of the Mask
Veteran

Post by Deity of the Mask »

Just as Dongle said, as long as it fixes the problems, im fine with changing it.

Amiibo Alex wrote: My uncle is a lawyer, and I will take legal action to this.
NerfPlayeR135

Post by NerfPlayeR135 »

I'm all for it if it'll fix some issues. The normal BLU model gets placed over the skeleton model at the end of a round anyway.
Long-time Disc-FF veteran and jack-of-all-trades TF2 player.

Disc-FF Stats:
Spoiler
Deathrun: No longer exists...

Freak Fortress #1:
Mitch
Server Admin

Post by Mitch »

As the creator of the gamemode changing the skeleton model wont fix a thing, the actual player model is not changed from the respective class, just turned invisible, if you would like i can post a screenshot of the playermodel at half visibility to prove this. The skeleton is just a prop stretched over the playermodel (that's why it looks bigger when the Death is played as a Heavy).
NerfPlayeR135 wrote:I'm all for it if it'll fix some issues. The normal BLU model gets placed over the skeleton model at the end of a round anyway.
This is actually just the player model becoming visible again.

If you tell me what 'abilities' are given to the Death in these minigames maybe i can make them work again. Most likely you are talking about the conditions that are added to Death in the minigame which might be removed randomly.
Last edited by Mitch on Thu Sep 29, 2016 11:48 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Mindacos
Veteran

Post by Mindacos »

Mitch wrote:As the creator of the gamemode changing the skeleton model wont fix a thing, the actual player model is not changed from the respective class, just turned invisible, if you would like i can post a screenshot of the playermodel at half visibility to prove this. The skeleton is just a prop stretched over the playermodel (that's why it looks bigger when the Death is played as a Heavy).
NerfPlayeR135 wrote:I'm all for it if it'll fix some issues. The normal BLU model gets placed over the skeleton model at the end of a round anyway.
This is actually just the player model becoming visible again.

If you tell me what 'abilities' are given to the Death in these minigames maybe i can make them work again. Most likely you are talking about the conditions that are added to Death in the minigame which might be removed randomly.
If the issue here is that the blu model is invisible then can't it be made visible after the skeleton model is removed?

As for the idea itself, I don't mind keeping or removing the skeleton model, however if removing it would fix some bugs and glitches then i'm all up for it.
Last edited by Mindacos on Fri Sep 30, 2016 7:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mitch
Server Admin

Post by Mitch »

Mindacos wrote:
If the issue here is that the blu model is invisible then can't it be made visible after the skeleton model is removed?

As for the idea itself, I don't mind keeping or removing the skeleton model, however if removing it would fix some bugs and glitches then i'm all up for it.
The issue isn't part of the player model at all is what I was trying to get at. The skeleton is just a prop attached to the player itself. This is most likely a map related issue. However the reporter didn't specify which maps were having issues making testing impossible.
Last edited by Mitch on Fri Sep 30, 2016 7:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
AgentApple50

Post by AgentApple50 »

For example, on "Dr_Block_v9" if a runner chooses "The Hidden" minigame the hale is supposed to become invisible but will be visible under the lights in the minigame. The map creator told me that it doesn't work because of the skeleton model. I did notice though that right when you enter the game the skeleton will turn invisible and will have their corresponding class show while invisible. (A scout skeleton will turn into a normal scout briefly). However after about two seconds the hale is given the skeleton model again.

I would also like to mention this here instead of making another thread as I have made many already. But on some maps a demoman or soldier can trigger traps by shooting at the wall where the trap button is behind. When testing, I discovered that the trap does not trigger if the weapon used has a -100% damage penalty, so I was wondering if all explosive weapons could get the -100% damage penalty BUT receive a +100% damage against players. Not sure if it would work but it's worth a shot :)
Dongle
Forum Mod

Post by Dongle »

Again, I'm willing to try anything out as long as it'll fix the issue and/or is something Mitch/Fire can fix.
ImageImage