Idle Map Changes

Neko
Veteran

Re: Idle Map Changes

Post by Neko »

Twigy wrote:I'm not fond of the idea that idle 1 might change since it's been the same way for so long and the main player base of the idle servers are there, i've met many people and made many friends here. In my opinion the changes would need to show a major shift in players to warrant changing idle 1 as well. I have some ideas that could make idle 1 a better experience for everyone too.

The changes seem great for a more fun experience on the map with more stuff to do, removing the doorways will fix the door camping problem that already exists within all the idle maps already. Brightening the place up with the sky from idle 1s map would be really nice since it's quite dark.

#5 is a great idea since this building's ceiling is really low and creates a disconnect between the upper and lower area by having more doors, areas to place a sentry and camp. The building also creates problem with camping on the upper level of the map whilst not adding much overall except as a tool to get up to the skybox, so removing it is an excellent idea. :thumbup:
I know what you mean, and man has the map been upgraded for the better. I've seen it and I love the new map more than the current idle 1 map and I'm sure many others will. There's no harm in updating especially since it will be on Idle 2 and 3 before Idle 1 is even touched. I'm sure the regulars will love it.
Last edited by Neko on Wed Sep 21, 2016 3:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
https://github.com/SollyVR
Add me on VRChat: "Solly."
Add me on Steam: linked to my forums website.
Twigy

Post by Twigy »

AnonymousGhost wrote:
Twigy wrote:I'm not fond of the idea that idle 1 might change since it's been the same way for so long and the main player base of the idle servers are there, i've met many people and made many friends here. In my opinion the changes would need to show a major shift in players to warrant changing idle 1 as well. I have some ideas that could make idle 1 a better experience for everyone too.

The changes seem great for a more fun experience on the map with more stuff to do, removing the doorways will fix the door camping problem that already exists within all the idle maps already. Brightening the place up with the sky from idle 1s map would be really nice since it's quite dark.

#5 is a great idea since this building's ceiling is really low and creates a disconnect between the upper and lower area by having more doors, areas to place a sentry and camp. The building also creates problem with camping on the upper level of the map whilst not adding much overall except as a tool to get up to the skybox, so removing it is an excellent idea. :thumbup:
I know what you mean, and man has the map been upgraded for the better. I've seen it and I love the new map more than the current idle 1 map and I'm sure many others will. There's no harm in updating especially since it will be on Idle 2 and 3 before Idle 1 is even touched. I'm sure the regulars will love it.
Idle 1 already exists, has a great map and is as popular as ever despite not changing majorly in the longest time unlike the other servers. Like i said there would need to be a major shift in players to warrant that kind of change to the most popular server of the three. It should be made sure the new map is MORE popular than the current one on idle 1 after it's initial release, before expanding the changes there too. Losing regulars is a painful time for everyone.
Last edited by Twigy on Wed Sep 21, 2016 4:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Anomaly
Veteran

Post by Anomaly »

So when is the map going to change? :( EXCITED@!
Feel free to add me!

<22:54:21> "Person_Unknown": Anomaly, you're a great admin and you've got a bitchin' asss
pan

Post by pan »

On 1, what exactly do you mean by portals?

5, 10, and 13 will definitely make the map more like Idle 1's again. The bottom area shouldn't feel so cramped with the stairs being removed and the roof being opened.

I also agree with Twigy about Idle 1, but personally I don't want it changed at all. The map changes are the reason I stopped playing on Idle 2.
Tuxley

Post by Tuxley »

I like it.