Idle Map Changes

Fire
Owner

Idle Map Changes

Post by Fire »

My goal here is to explain some of the changes I will be making to the Idle #2 and #3 map. As well, I want to change the map so that it will be more acceptable to the players on Idle #1. I will be making the following changes and then I will test the new map on #2 and #3 for a week or so. During that time I will invite players from Idle #1 to check it out and if everything seems good I will be adding the map to Idle #1 also.

Changes:

Code: Select all

Idle 2 Map Ideas Simple Edit:

1. Remove all doors and replace with open area portals. (see picture 1)

2. Remove all gravity areas on the map. Map will be low gravity everywhere. Some places like spawn, surf ramp, castle will have touch triggers to change individual players gravity from low to normal and vice versa.

3. Remove all melee zones from the map (surf ramp and top of the box). Also remove Boxing ring from top of box.

4. Remove all invis walls that block player models (from surf ramp area and box area).

5. Remove the building that is across from spawn and just make a hole that leads to the afk area. Also add a ramp from afk area back to main area. (see picture 2)

6. Increase size of pool maybe x2 or x3 and add a picture of a target at the bottom of pool. If someone dives off the diving board and lands in the very center of the target then teleport them somewhere (haven't decided yet, maybe a disco room?)

7. Fix the box in the sky so its a full box. This will also increase the width of the castle room. (see picture 3)

8. Add spectator area to box in the sky. (see picture 4)

9. Add archway portal to top of castle that leads to skybox. Also a archway portal in skybox that leads back to the top of castle. (see picture 5)

10. Add cloudy sky back and increase brightness of map back to original brightness. (see picture 6)

11. Three teleports in spawn. The first one will teleport people on top of spawn in random locations each time. The second will lead to the glass half circle at the back of the map (above the bumper karts) also in random spots each time. And the third will lead to the castle area.

12. Make Dodgeball door kill people who try to glitch it by standing under it. Basically people are standing in the doorway and the game starts and it gets them stuck and messes up the game since they can't die. So when the wall closes kill anyone who it closes on.

13. In front of spawn add glass window looking down into afk area. (see picture 8)

14. Add DISC-FF Logo sign with message "Type !rules to read our rules." (see picture 9)

15. Maybe make the tree climbable or something. invis platform.

16. Something to seperate the db zone so the match can start properly to stop trolls.
Pictures:
Spoiler

Last edited by Fire on Sun Sep 18, 2016 9:59 pm, edited 3 times in total.
ImageImage
UTrules69

Re: Idle Map Changes

Post by UTrules69 »

I like it, basically combining the 2 maps into one map(Seems more like on the Idle #1 map side). I can't wait!
Neko
Veteran

Post by Neko »

Love the changes. Can't think of anything to add so that just leaves seeing how it goes. (Especially happy about the sign telling people to type rules so they don't have any excuses >:3 )
https://github.com/SollyVR
Add me on VRChat: "Solly."
Add me on Steam: linked to my forums website.
Noble on Turbo

Post by Noble on Turbo »

All the changes look good! I'm sure there will be some tweaking to do when the map goes live but I'm excited to see how things are going to play out.

See you on the battlefield :)
Zekn
Veteran

Post by Zekn »

I think this was a great idea and will help out alot, I think people will love the idles alot more now. :)
Whats a Box?

The Frame of Life
Spicy-Cicle

Post by Spicy-Cicle »

I like the changes. I'm a big fan of #11. I'm also glad to see idle #1 get some changes as it needed it :)
Infernox-Ratchet

Post by Infernox-Ratchet »

I like these new ideas for the maps.

Glad to see Idle 1 getting some love as well.
Last edited by Infernox-Ratchet on Mon Sep 19, 2016 2:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
discFF user

Post by discFF user »

The portals sounds like a cool idea, but I can imagine random people maybe spawn camping some the exits like the ones in picture 5.

The gravity and pool mods sounds great. I can't visualize the ramp for picture 2 I'd have to check that out. Like a half pipe kind of ramp?

The dodgeball mods are another great idea because it just takes one person to troll by crossing into the other side or standing under the door and the round never starts and it just ends up turning into a Super Smash Bros Team Battle/Free for All kind of thing depending on how many people are there.

Adding a Disc FF logo sign is good too. The walls are like unused advertising space. I think you had a sign like that on the Unusual Trade server you had way back then with the rules and stuff.

All of the other mods and additions sound excellent as well. I'm ready to try it out.
Dongle
Forum Mod

Post by Dongle »

I look forward to the new changes.
ImageImage
Twigy

Post by Twigy »

I'm not fond of the idea that idle 1 might change since it's been the same way for so long and the main player base of the idle servers are there, i've met many people and made many friends here. In my opinion the changes would need to show a major shift in players to warrant changing idle 1 as well. I have some ideas that could make idle 1 a better experience for everyone too.

The changes seem great for a more fun experience on the map with more stuff to do, removing the doorways will fix the door camping problem that already exists within all the idle maps already. Brightening the place up with the sky from idle 1s map would be really nice since it's quite dark.

#5 is a great idea since this building's ceiling is really low and creates a disconnect between the upper and lower area by having more doors, areas to place a sentry and camp. The building also creates problem with camping on the upper level of the map whilst not adding much overall except as a tool to get up to the skybox, so removing it is an excellent idea. :thumbup: