FF2: Samus Nerf Proposal

Hylie

FF2: Samus Nerf Proposal

Post by Hylie »

The main problem in my opinion (and a few others, I hope) is the Gun Mode;

Using Samus' blaster instead of melee allows you to quickly pick off and kill all 125HP classes with a fully charged shot; any weak classes or Medics that survive a direct hit from a charge shot can usually just be chipped to death with blaster spam thereafter.

This, in addition to the fact that the Gun Mode has zero drawbacks makes most experienced Samus players NEVER use their melee for any duration of the round; the blaster is used to kill players, and bombs to deal with crowds or nests when a rage isn't available.

This means that most experienced Samus players are going to use the playstyle of a ranged-only boss, which, paired with mobility (Samus runs faster than Dalek by a long shot, and Mewtwo has no super jump) makes Samus absurdly lethal, as Samus can usually kill anyone on the map in a matter of seconds using a combination of super jumping and blaster spam to hone in on and kill an enemy with little danger to Samus itself.

I'd personally suggest that Samus take a combination of the two following nerfs; a nerf to the damage output of her blaster, and a damage weakness during Gun Mode (sort of how like her Bomb Mode takes triple damage.) It might also be helpful to give a slight buff to the melee towards players to encourage ranged-only players to use their melee in certain situations more often.
Last edited by Hylie on Mon Sep 19, 2016 1:22 am, edited 2 times in total.
Dr. Axel Link
Veteran

Re: FF2: Samus Nerf Proposal

Post by Dr. Axel Link »

Reduce splash damage as well
I'd also like to see a change to her rage, it's literally more spam.
I feel something more close to her game for her rage would be cool, like some of her different beams. Probably Ice Beam with Wave Beam to slow and freeze players, and pass through to hit multiple players during the duration of her rage with gun. If she goes into ball form she can place a Powerbomb at a lot slower speed but with a damage over time and expanding radius.
Last edited by Dr. Axel Link on Mon Sep 19, 2016 1:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jamieboi 1989

Post by Jamieboi 1989 »

Agreed that this boss is extremely strong and can even be won with a less experienced player. Spends too much time using the gun and no real advantage in using melee. A weaker gun for finishing off targets and a stronger melee for main use would balance this out and thus make melee more useful in some tighter situations where you are surrounded.
Image Image
Hylie

Post by Hylie »

Confirming that a single blaster shot can deal 150 damage.
Last edited by Hylie on Fri Oct 14, 2016 8:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Darkone2e
Veteran

Post by Darkone2e »

This subject has already been discussed by the admins, and needs no more in the way of argument. In this case I do not regret asking for an end or lock.