Make Godmode Great Again

Mr Pockets

Make Godmode Great Again

Post by Mr Pockets »

Godmode... a legendary term to many, meaning the pure invincible nature of a deity being gifted to man in his hour of need. In Disc FF, it currently is a subpar roll that doesnt really stack up to anything. you can get goomba'd and most boss's rage still kills you. yay.... Honestly, it could use a change. and I had one in mind to make it different from Powerplay (Which is currently an upgraded version of the now near pointless Godmode)

Godmode: Player becomes invincible (ACTUALLY INVINCIBLE), is locked to melee, immune to knockback, and has 2x swing speed.

This could benefit a few good rolls, but also could make others less viable, and with the nature of RTD meaning itself to be a bit ruthless, it can work out. Heavies will be forced to drop the gun and punch, engis cant build but they can repair faster or fight alongside their sentry, medics could get a clutch bit of damage and build an uber.

This would make the boss have to run, rather than just laugh, pop rage, and watch someone's hard gambled Not self depricating roll go straight back into the garbage!
Last edited by Mr Pockets on Tue Oct 25, 2016 1:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
No, I'm not the Scout Voice Actor.
sambawarkiddo
Veteran

Re: Make Godmode Great Again

Post by sambawarkiddo »

Unless it's recently been removed, Invincibility is still a very active RTD roll on the VSH/FF servers
Fire wrote:You're a admin?
Mr Pockets

Post by Mr Pockets »

In The Freak Fortress servers, there's not Invincibility. godmode is supposed to be it, but it fails. Powerplay (Which grants Uber) is the best roll.
sambawarkiddo
Veteran

Post by sambawarkiddo »

From what I've seen and experienced with godmode/invincibility/invulnerability/etc, it doesn't exactly leave the Hale in a point of helplessness. More often than not, I see players using invulnerability to run away from the Hale in search of health/ammo, due to the limited nature of the roll. Making the roll last indefinitely like a Pop-Up Dispenser would create an imbalance if that were to be a thing.
Mr Pockets

Post by Mr Pockets »

no definitely not permanent, just for the roll time that godmode currently has. and truth, the boss often always has a way to get away from the invulnerable player. only a buffoon would wail on an obviously invincible target.
sambawarkiddo
Veteran

Post by sambawarkiddo »

Mr Pockets wrote:no definitely not permanent, just for the roll time that godmode currently has. and truth, the boss often always has a way to get away from the invulnerable player. only a buffoon would wail on an obviously invincible target.
While you're not wrong, I often see the Hale linger around them, waiting for the roll to wear off. Then what do you have? An easy kill
Last edited by sambawarkiddo on Tue Oct 25, 2016 5:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dongle
Forum Mod

Post by Dongle »

Powerplay leaves you completely invulnerable so I don't see why we would need to make godmode the same thing.
ImageImage
FawfulRoach
Veteran

Post by FawfulRoach »

Dongle wrote:Powerplay leaves you completely invulnerable so I don't see why we would need to make godmode the same thing.
Basically this. Godmode is pretty much a mini powerplay at this point. If anything, we pretty much have two godmodes now, so I dont see an issue.
Last edited by FawfulRoach on Tue Oct 25, 2016 8:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
Hylie

Post by Hylie »

Also, as far as I remember, we don't even control the rtd plugin, it's simply opensource and we use it.
Last edited by Hylie on Tue Oct 25, 2016 9:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
sambawarkiddo
Veteran

Post by sambawarkiddo »

Hylie wrote:Also, as far as I remember, we don't even control the rtd plugin, it's simply opensource and we use it.
It IS possible to edit RTD commands, rolls and effects individually by editing the plugin's config
Last edited by sambawarkiddo on Tue Oct 25, 2016 11:28 am, edited 1 time in total.