Taunt: The Carlton not allowed?

Mr Pockets

Taunt: The Carlton not allowed?

Post by Mr Pockets »

I've asked about this a bit since I got one myself and noticed, but the servers prevent my Scout only taunt The Carlton.

It's not something really heartbreaking for me, but I wanted to ask why its banned? it is a pretty decent taunt for getting crits since it's not a partner taunt and has a similar start up / end time as most of the partner taunts.

Was there another reason it was banned?
No, I'm not the Scout Voice Actor.
Dr. Axel Link
Veteran

Re: Taunt: The Carlton not allowed?

Post by Dr. Axel Link »

I think it had something to do with a bug that I thought was patched with the taunt, but I could be wrong on that.
King Demomidas
Veteran

Post by King Demomidas »

Inb4 the only reason pockets wants this fixed is because he got an unusual version of the carlton and he wants to be a show off. ;)

For real tho I dunno. Works fine in slender I dunno about other game modes.
¸ .•♛•.¸¸.•♛•All That Glitters Is Gold•♛•.¸¸.•♛•.¸

Dongle
Forum Mod

Post by Dongle »

I've brought up the issue with Fire before about the Carlton being disabled for FF2/VSH. He didn't intend for it be banned I don't think.
ImageImage
Mr Pockets

Post by Mr Pockets »

King Demomidas wrote:Inb4 the only reason pockets wants this fixed is because he got an unusual version of the carlton and he wants to be a show off. ;)

MR. SHINY GOLD MAN OVER HERE AND I'M THE SHOW OFF

oh wait....

Yes. Yes I am.
Last edited by Mr Pockets on Wed Nov 16, 2016 12:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
No, I'm not the Scout Voice Actor.
Hylie

Post by Hylie »

I asked Fire about this when it first got disabled, and he responded that there was some sort of bug that overflowed the server. He disabled it until it got fixed, and, hearing it works on our other servers, likely means he never got around to returning it to our FF2/VSH servers? Someone should steam msg Fire about this thread in case he forgot about it or there's an update on the situation.
Last edited by Hylie on Wed Nov 16, 2016 12:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
King Demomidas
Veteran

Post by King Demomidas »

Mr Pockets wrote:
King Demomidas wrote:Inb4 the only reason pockets wants this fixed is because he got an unusual version of the carlton and he wants to be a show off. ;)

MR. SHINY GOLD MAN OVER HERE AND I'M THE SHOW OFF

oh wait....

Yes. Yes I am.

Called it. :lol:
Last edited by King Demomidas on Wed Nov 16, 2016 6:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
¸ .•♛•.¸¸.•♛•All That Glitters Is Gold•♛•.¸¸.•♛•.¸

Dongle
Forum Mod

Post by Dongle »

Keep things on topic please. Thanks
ImageImage
Mitch
Server Admin

Post by Mitch »

Be aware that TF2 is a very unstable game which could crash at any moment, however saying that we some how manage to keep a fairly good up time. Some of the taunts can cause overflows on the servers that have a ton of traffic such as the FF2 server. Purhaps a limiter could be put in place if that would fix anything. Instead of having too many people taunting at the same time we can limit it to atleast 10 players at a time or something.
Dr. Axel Link
Veteran

Post by Dr. Axel Link »

Mitch wrote:Be aware that TF2 is a very unstable game which could crash at any moment, however saying that we some how manage to keep a fairly good up time. Some of the taunts can cause overflows on the servers that have a ton of traffic such as the FF2 server. Purhaps a limiter could be put in place if that would fix anything. Instead of having too many people taunting at the same time we can limit it to atleast 10 players at a time or something.
If you are referring to the Carlton itself, it is already limited due to a class limit on Scout. If you were referring to total, it might piss someone off, as Taunt Crits are commonly used by most classes, which means multiple people could be holding a taunt.