[FF2] Make These Weapons Great Again!

AgentApple50

[FF2] Make These Weapons Great Again!

Post by AgentApple50 »

Some weapons are almost never used in Freak Fortress, so im suggesting some changes to make the gameplay more interesting.

The Ideas are added with the current stats unless said otherwise!

Conniver's Kunai
Current Stats: -55% max health on wearer, gain a health bonus on backstab (it's very small though)
Buff Ideas: Wearer takes no fall damage, 33% afterburn resistance on wearer, +150 hp on backstab

Airstrike
Current Stats: -15% damage penalty, -10% explosion radius, clip size increase per kill, increased attack speed while rocket jumping
Buff Ideas: Clip size increase per X amount of damage done OR clip size increase per goomba

Fan O' War
Current Stats: -75% damage penalty, deduct 5% rage from hale each hit
Buff Ideas: Hale receives an outline (like a sniper rifle) for X seconds when hit, deduct 15% rage from hale each hit, -25% slower firing speed

Big Earner
Current Stats: -25 max health on wearer, +30% cloak on kill, gain a speed boost on kill
Buff Ideas: +100% cloak on backstab (So you can get cloak from backstabbing the hale instead of just killing minions), gain a speed boost on backstab.

Bootlegger/Ali Baba's Wee Booties
Buff Idea: Grants full critical hits to the wearer (kinda like the shield, remove a weapon and replace with full criticals)

If you have any ideas post it below, thanks :)
Last edited by AgentApple50 on Sun Nov 13, 2016 7:17 am, edited 9 times in total.
Mindacos
Veteran

Re: [FF2] Make These Weapons Great Again!

Post by Mindacos »

The only one I don't agree with is the Fan O' war, giving the hale an outline per hit sounds like way too much, and moreso if it's going to deduct 15% rage per hit. I think the Fan O' War is fine as it is currently.
Everything else I agree with, those weapons really need buffs to make them viable.
Dr. Axel Link
Veteran

Post by Dr. Axel Link »

Forgot Big Earner. It's supposed to give a full cloak recharge on backstab on boss, but we only get a speed boost if we kill a minion. Although I do like the challenge of only having 100 health, but currently it only gives benefits on kill, not backstab.
Darkone2e
Veteran

Post by Darkone2e »

It would seem to me these are all good ideas, I think it is something to consider for improved game play.
Hylie

Post by Hylie »

Like the idea, but I've tried these kinds of posts twice, as have many others, and nothing has come of it. I doubt things will actually change, but good luck anyway.

P.S. your buff idea for the Airstrike is supposed to exist, but the coding is broken or something. That's what I'm told, anyhow.
Last edited by Hylie on Sat Nov 19, 2016 4:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
OctoRobo

Post by OctoRobo »

I would like some way for the Caber to be useful, since you rarely see it used.

I have three thoughts that could be used to make it more viable, which are also very open to suggestions or changes to make it better. (Some pros and cons attached)

1: The Caber has a "recharge limit" and would recharge over time to make it usable over and over. (Roughly 7-9 second recharge)
Pros: More damage output in the long run; Can be used to escape a bad situation by grenading the ground to jump away
Cons: Safer play style, reducing the amount of interaction between the Demo and Hale; Over use can lead to an Abuse with the Caber

2: The "Gunslinger" Caber: 1st official hit does the Caber effect, but then every 3rd successful hit after that repeats the effect upon hit.
Pros: Good for melee battles and fighting the Hale with variable damage done
Cons: Demo can die from repeated blow ups, and a lucky RTD (godmode, powerplay, etc) can allow the Demo to do insane damage

3: After the Caber blows up the first time, the 2nd form (blown up model) will cause a bleed effect when it hits the Hale
Pros: Somewhat useful after the main use has been used, gives the Demo a chance to still do more damage.
Cons: Weak buff, DoT damage will not be anything important, might as well keep the current Caber