Surf Map Cooldowns

DR. Flopper

Surf Map Cooldowns

Post by DR. Flopper »

One of my favorite servers on Disc-FF is the Surf Skill server. one of the only problems I, and many other surfers, find with it are the overplayed maps. for example, hisiglemic, a former admin, is a regular on the server, and nominates air control every time it is available. the fact that it was voted for may mean that more people wanted it, but it is often a result of a 50/50 vote, or someone with a mic convincing people to vote for it. currently, i believe that the cool down is 5 maps. i also notice that that only half the maps on the server are ever played because of most peoples preferences. for instance, ive been trying to beat syria, but i can barely ever get the map elected, and when i do, it immediatley gets rtv'd and we go to a "main" map like kitsune or utopia. my suggestion is that you up the map cooldown to 10, and also raise the rtv rate significantly. this may seem extremely selfish, but right now, your servers are heavily waited to benefit certain surfers more than others. if the rtv rate and map cooldown rate were raised, then everybody would get a chance to play the map they want. i would like the rtv requirement to be at least 4/5ths. but this would only be effective if you raised the map cooldown as well. -Dr. Floppah
"Bawk Bawk Motherfuckers"- Dr.Flopper
Abraham
Veteran

Re: Surf Map Cooldowns

Post by Abraham »

If youre right about the 5maps cooldown (personally havent looked into it), I disagree with extending the cooldown, especially up to 10. At the time being the cooldown is around 3hours and 45minutes if the maps are being fully played instead of RTV'd, 10 maps would mean 7hours and 30minutes cooldown if none of the maps were RTV'd, this is a hell of a time to wait for a map that you absolutely love to play. Most of the times im on the surf server, the maps arent being RTV'd for that majority still voted for the map to be played, and wish to play on it as long as possible. How ever we do have a shit load of maps to play on the server and during my time on it, ive only played around 1/4th of them. I personally wouldnt mind if it was extended by 1 or 2maps, but to extend it by 5.. I fear it would kill the server fairly easily.
ImageImageImage
hisiglemic

Post by hisiglemic »

Im not oposed to changing the cool down rate but I am opposed to map times. If we change the cool down rate i think it would be more fair to add a extra 15 minutes to each map making it a hour instead of 45 minutes to keep the map times more even.
one day I will meet Gaben
DR. Flopper

Post by DR. Flopper »

my point was im sick of seeing air control nominated every 5 maps. so anything that would help negate that would be good
"Bawk Bawk Motherfuckers"- Dr.Flopper
Abraham
Veteran

Post by Abraham »

DR. Flopper wrote:my point was im sick of seeing air control nominated every 5 maps. so anything that would help negate that would be good
I havent seen it get nominated in quite a while, granted a lot of the times im on the server its quiet and there isnt too many people on to nominate anything.
Last edited by Abraham on Sun Nov 13, 2016 8:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImageImage
HakureiReimu_Husky

Post by HakureiReimu_Husky »

I had brought this up with fire as it was getting to be a problem. There was no variety in maps. It was always utopia, aircontrol, Mesa, rebel scaz, and other easy / boring maps. I think the current cool down rate should change. Also, the cool down I think is proportionate to the amount of players. I may be wrong.
Last edited by HakureiReimu_Husky on Sun Nov 13, 2016 9:45 pm, edited 2 times in total.
This is goodbye.
Tyresse

Post by Tyresse »

When i was still an admin on Surf, i did notice all of the tier 1 maps being nominate- such as aircontrol,utopia,rebel and the other ones you listed. But I don't think this is such an issue, because most of the players on surf are beginners, and prefer these maps as it gives them a chance to complete.
I don't know what to write, so here's nothing....
Mitch
Server Admin

Post by Mitch »

HakureiReimu_Husky wrote:Also, the cool down I think is proportionate to the amount of players. I may be wrong.
It is not, and it seems like that because with more people in the server theres a higher chance they will rtv