[FF2]Doom Marine Item PickUp Rework Idea.

Natsumehack

[FF2]Doom Marine Item PickUp Rework Idea.

Post by Natsumehack »

Doom Marine is UP, and has gone through balance Hell. This Rework is not only to make him more viable, and fun to play on more maps, but also to try to keep his unique game play gimmick of picking up weapons off dead players, and the map. This rework will expand on the weapons/items that can drop, and how they drop.

Ammo Boxes, and Heath Packs would be unaffected by this new system and keep the same Drops/Drop Rate as they do now.

===================================================================================================================================
TIER ITEM

Common
Guaranteed Drops from Killing A Enemy.

Pistol Clip:10 Damage 25-30.
Notes: Fires 50% Slower then Normal Pistol in tf2.
The Pistol Is the first ranged weapon The Marine will have, Low damage, and low firing rate, along with this being a hit scan weapon, this should help out in the start. With enemy's That would otherwise be a problem when it comes to reasonably hitting them with the melee (Pyro's, Engineers, Snipers)

Armor Bonus The Armor Bonus will give the Maine 10% armor when picked up.

Notes:Armor's role is simple. Provide resistance to knock back by 50% as long as he has some amount of armor. You will lose armor at a steady rate of 2% every 5 seconds. Jarate, and Mad Milk will Instantly remove 5% if the hale is hit by them.

The percent of armor you have would be displayed on the HUD that appears when you play as Doom Marine.

Uncommon
When killing a enemy there is a 45% chance the Common Drop will be replaced with a Uncommon Drop.

Shotgun
Note: Nothing Changed

Rocket Launcher
Notes: Nothing Changed

Green Armor Green Armor will give you 30% armor.

Berserk Pack

Rare
40% chance to replace the uncommon drop with one of these.

Invulnerability Orb

Partial invisibility Same as getting the Invisible perk from Roll The Dice.
Notes: Last 10 seconds

Plasma gun Clip:30 Damage : 30-40.
Notes: Use Bison's Model, Fire 100% Faster then A Normal Bison, and shots travel 50% faster. Doesn't Reload

BFG9000
Notes: It would just be the Cow Mangler that Wolf uses in his rage, Only has one shot.
===================================================================================================================================

This system will keep The Doom Marine rage-less, and item dependent, but also help alleviate some of the more troublesome problems that make him Under Powered, and Pretty bad.

So what are your thoughts?
Last edited by Natsumehack on Thu Nov 24, 2016 8:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
AC/DC Freak
Veteran

Re: [FF2]Doom Marine Item PickUp Rework Idea.

Post by AC/DC Freak »

A very interesting idea, but the problem we had with doom before was the drops were way to common. if we add more to his arsenal he could get to be op again. But if we balance out his drop rate you could be on to a cool idea.
Hylie

Post by Hylie »

Doom, statistically, isn't underpowered. (#29 / 0.63 WLR.) He sits at the top of the second quartile, and learning curve-wise, is still very formidably powerful.

It's also worth noting that this new proposal of yours is actually very similar to Doom's second version (You propose the Shotgun, Rocket Launcher, and Beserk Pack have a 45% chance; Doom v2 had a 50% for them, and arguably was what made Doom so incredibly powerful in his second version. In addition, the weapons you propose to be "rare" (45 to 40 percent isn't exactly much of a rarity?) sound pretty damn powerful.

The boss honestly should've never varied from its original status. People loved using it as an underpowered challenge boss. We already have too many easy-to-abuse free-win style bosses, I'm not sure we need another for now.
Last edited by Hylie on Thu Nov 24, 2016 9:41 am, edited 4 times in total.
Natsumehack

Post by Natsumehack »

Hylie wrote:Doom, statistically, isn't underpowered. (#29 / 0.63 WLR.)

The boss honestly should've never varied from its original status. People loved using it as an underpowered challenge boss. We already have too many easy-to-abuse free-win style bosses, I'm not sure we need another for now.
40% after getting the first 45% chance for the uncommon drop. It's having to beat the odd's twice to get the rare drop.

If 40% is still too high, it could always be lowered to 30% chance, but I feel 30% chance after a 45% chance might be too low.
Last edited by Natsumehack on Thu Nov 24, 2016 10:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Taliu

Post by Taliu »

Hylie wrote:Doom, statistically, isn't underpowered. (#29 / 0.63 WLR.) He sits at the top of the second quartile, and learning curve-wise, is still very formidably powerful.

It's also worth noting that this new proposal of yours is actually very similar to Doom's second version (You propose the Shotgun, Rocket Launcher, and Beserk Pack have a 45% chance; Doom v2 had a 50% for them, and arguably was what made Doom so incredibly powerful in his second version. In addition, the weapons you propose to be "rare" (45 to 40 percent isn't exactly much of a rarity?) sound pretty damn powerful.

I think it adds up more. So 45% then 40%. If I do my math right, that is an 18% chance.
Last edited by Taliu on Sat Nov 26, 2016 3:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
White Sedan
Veteran

Post by White Sedan »

This boss has already gone through a ton of changes and I personally think he fine the way he is now.
----
Hoff wrote:Consider yourself lucky I am not taking legal action against your server.
Dongle
Forum Mod

Post by Dongle »

White Sedan wrote:This boss has already gone through a ton of changes and I personally think he fine the way he is now.
^ Agreed
Last edited by Dongle on Sat Nov 26, 2016 4:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImage
Darkone2e
Veteran

Post by Darkone2e »

Doom Guy has been altered so much that he is not even the same boss these days. He is just fine the way he is and should be left alone. after the multitude of reworks and all the BS, if it is complained about much more he might just be pulled off the boss list. I do not want to see anymore bosses permanently retired.
Natsumehack

Post by Natsumehack »

Darkone2e wrote:Doom Guy has been altered so much that he is not even the same boss these days. He is just fine the way he is and should be left alone. after the multitude of reworks and all the BS, if it is complained about much more he might just be pulled off the boss list. I do not want to see anymore bosses permanently retired.
I wouldn't want to see Doom Marine permanently removed as well. This rework was thought up with Love for how the current version of the hale plays, and tries to flesh it out, and make it better for both the hale, and the red team.