FF2 Wheatley Bug

Taliu

FF2 Wheatley Bug

Post by Taliu »

While playing on server 2 just now, we discovered a weird bug where the players who had been sentries at the end of my Wheatly round had heavy loadouts despite being returned to their normal class. They ended up as scouts, demos, and soldiers with heavy weapons, leading to an unbalanced system.
Don't know what caused this bug, but I wanted to draw attention to it.
Sir Spookleton
Veteran

Re: FF2 Wheatley Bug

Post by Sir Spookleton »

Seems like TF2 Randomizer poured into FF. I see nothing unbalanced about this.

Seriously though, I had no idea this bug was even a thing. So maybe it doesn't happen all that often?
Still, it should be fixed.
Last edited by Sir Spookleton on Fri Nov 25, 2016 7:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
Hylie

Post by Hylie »

I've seen this happen once or twice in the last three years. It's rather rare, but it can happen.
Darkone2e
Veteran

Post by Darkone2e »

I thought this was a valve bug, something done in an update ages ago. Not a big problem as far as I see, if you remember to class check after being a Wheatly spawn.
notjus

Post by notjus »

This has happened to me, maybe 12 times in the past few months of me playing DISC-FF Freak Fortress 2, and I'll put in that this isn't limited to Wheatley. It can be done with Meeseeks, and on the first round and rounds then on as long as you don't die. I've never done it intentionally, and it's done when you're switching classes right before being forced to teamswitch then being given weapons by the server -cozy camper smg, super detonator, e.t.c- A pain in the ass to pull off intentionally, but most certainly imbalanced, as I've personally been a scout with engineer tools, and a heavy with spy tools (heavy being much less op than scout with spy tools). Things are fixed when a player is killed, respawned, or commits suicide, and for the boss during the 1st round bug check. And death happens a lot in FF2.
Last edited by notjus on Wed Dec 14, 2016 3:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I go by Get/Here and this is my steam profile.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/notjus/
notjus

Post by notjus »

basically it's a thing with that weapon plugin.
Taliu

Post by Taliu »

notjus wrote:This has happened to me, maybe 7 times in the past few months of me playing DISC-FF Freak Fortress 2, and I'll put in that this isn't limited to Wheatley. It can be done with Meeseeks, and on the first round and rounds then on as long as you don't die. I've never done it intentionally, and it's done when you're switching classes right before being forced to teamswitch then being given weapons by the server -cozy camper smg, super detonator, e.t.c- A pain in the ass to pull off intentionally, but most certainly imbalanced, as I've personally been a scout with engineer tools, and a heavy with spy tools (heavy being much less op than scout with spy tools). Things are fixed when a player is killed, respawned, or commits suicide, and for the boss during the 1st round bug check. And death happens a lot in FF2.
Could we have a system that kills everyone involved after certain bosses?
Last edited by Taliu on Fri Dec 02, 2016 2:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
notjus

Post by notjus »

Taliu wrote:Could we have a system that kills everyone involved after certain bosses?
Thing with this is, it'd need to be hooked up with every single boss, because even though summoning bosses have a higher chance for it to happen, it can still happen with solo bosses and this still wouldn't solve the 1st+ round glitch which happens more often. And doing this because of not a game-breaking glitch/exploit, but a rare balance glitch that needs specific requirements + is fixed upon death, is a little out there. There's only 3 scout slots, and, each loadout is tailored to each class. Heavy isn't even a limited class, why go a squishy heavy if you can be a heavy that doesn't die in 1 hit most of then time? Only two classes actually overpowered with other class's weapons are at each end of the spectrum, Scout, with his mobility, and Heavy, with his large health pool.

I made my own little list of how certain classes/subclasses are changed given to the Heavy/Scout

Scout | Heavy
-----|-----
Scout-
??? |???
|
Soldier-
HighMobility High Burst Damage
|High Health and Rocket Jumping
|Can survive 1 hit from most bosses then rocket jump away
|
Pyro - High Mobility Airblast/Crit Flames |actually pretty bad
(i'm damn sure gramps would love this) |
|
Demoman - High speed explosives |why, so awkward. slow demoman? can get hit twice before sticky jump away
Prone to blowing self up |
|
Demoknight- High Mobility |High health demoknight
Also Prone to blowing self up |Can survive 1 hit from most bosses and not blow self up with grenade
Can't survive hits---------- |Why sacrifice speed for that? Speed is vital for demoknights, perfect balance between
-after shield is destroyed |speed and health
|
Heavy-
High DPS+Mobile
Dies in one hit, easily taken out by a |???????????????
guy who knows how to play boss. |
|
Engineer-
GOTTA GO FAST |why, we already have a fat engi, easily caught by boss.
GET TO ANNOYING SENTRY SPOTS WHOA |
BUILD A TELEPORTER BRING A WHOLE PARTY
200 RESERVE AMMO PISTOL WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOooo
|
Medic-
everything wrong with medic normally |medic surviving 1 hit+
but given mobility |medigun raises you to the speed of whoever you're healing.
|
Sniper-
Everything complained about snipers |okay? easily caught.
but given even more mobility |
|
Spy-
Scout is his dad, really fucked up. |Fat Ninja, sounds nice but is worse than actual ninja, what're you gonna do? be pitiful.
High speed betrayal
NOTE: THEY STILL LOOK LIKE THEIR CLASSES, SO YOU WON'T EXPECT THIS PRICK FROM BOSTON TO COME UP AND SHANK YOU
High speed invisibility
Dead Ringer

I miss powerpoints.
Last edited by notjus on Sat Dec 03, 2016 2:46 pm, edited 5 times in total.