[FF2] Uncloak = Cheap Goomba

AgentApple50

[FF2] Uncloak = Cheap Goomba

Post by AgentApple50 »

Some hales such as the hidden have the invisibility watch as one of their passive tools. This leads to people super jumping above someone while cloaked, then uncloaking right before they land on a player, giving the hale an easy goomba kill. In my opinion, this is extremely unfair and very frustarating to deal with. Let me know what you think, have a good one.
notjus

Re: [FF2] Uncloak = Cheap Goomba

Post by notjus »

Cloak bosses don't have the greatest distance jump, or a low cooldown on their jump, and one doesn't have a jump at all, so it's not like they'll go invis, jump from one side of crevice to the other, get a goomba, then jump away. Cloak is also a resource that depletes easily and takes a long time to recover. Don't give them the time to kill you one by one, punish them hard when they try to go in and they get caught. Players should be more wary with a cloaking boss either way, so if they get goomba'd, tough luck. I do admit that preventing yourself from getting stomped is incredibly hard, but try to group, so if you die, the boss can easily get punished.
I go by Get/Here and this is my steam profile.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/notjus/
LewandaSillyFeathers
Server Admin

Post by LewandaSillyFeathers »

Taking away goomba probably wouldn't be fair for these bosses. I don't think I've ever seen anyone do this on purpose multiple times

Why would you ever accept fear when you have the power to refuse it?
SkyBlue: He didn't lick it good enough.
Onion: is it cause of my race?
Taliu

Post by Taliu »

TBH, bosses with cloak often don't have much health. And I mean, they can decloak at hit you for the same effect anyway. They sort of need to gombas to avoid the knockback they get from heavies and engies. As the hidden, when an engie builds under a roof, it sucks. It takes so much effort to get a kill without either getting a gomba, or landing invisible right behind them.
Darkone2e
Veteran

Post by Darkone2e »

I have to say the only reason I hat this boss is the goomba while still partially cloaked and the stab that can go the same way. he will be being shot take no damage and still get the kill, cause the cloak is still active in part. Would like to see the de-cloak work so that before damage can be done by the boss he has to be fully out of cloak.
Taliu

Post by Taliu »

Darkone2e wrote:I have to say the only reason I hat this boss is the goomba while still partially cloaked and the stab that can go the same way. he will be being shot take no damage and still get the kill, cause the cloak is still active in part. Would like to see the de-cloak work so that before damage can be done by the boss he has to be fully out of cloak.
I sort of agreed, before I started playing him. He gets knocked back so easily, that by the time he is fully uncloaked, he is halfway across the map. If we could somehow make him decloak faster, sure, but make him take longer to attack would make it impossible for him to take out sentry nests.