Request to remove map: Pruvia / Remove Woody

Buddha

Request to remove map: Pruvia / Remove Woody

Post by Buddha »

It is no wonder why the map Pruvia is so popular. Woody. Many medics equip their stock primary weapons in hopes of a Woody round. Every so often they get what they want and it is nonstop Woody laughter spam. Everyone likes it, right?
No. Very wrong. I'll admit, the first thousands of times I heard Woody's laughter be repeated over and over again got me laughing. But now, like most sensible people, I dislike Pruvia. It is an OK map. The events are cute and change the way you play (in most cases) and overall is a bit different from other maps on the server and that makes it a fun location to fight Hale. The problem is the damn Woody rounds. For one thing, it distracts players from doing the job of a medic. It is understandable that you can do what you want but just today I literally saw a medic only do 5 damage to the hale while firing away at nothing with his syringe gun. Not only that, Woody gives the Hale a HUGE disadvantage.
This is a video showcasing what happened when I was Hale on a Woody round.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pk0qKHCbYlY
Sure wish I could see. Anything. So, I just killed myself.
In conclusion I think the map should be removed if Woody can not be. He is just an annoyance.
Last edited by Buddha on Thu Dec 15, 2016 1:06 am, edited 5 times in total.
Natsumehack

Re: Request to remove map: Pruvia / Remove Woody

Post by Natsumehack »

I do agree the woodys should be removed or toned down a hell of a lot.

Like you, I found it funny at first, but now the non stop spam not only makes it hard to see a lot of the time, but the the non stop BAW! Sound has been Giving me headaches.
Hylie

Post by Hylie »

It's not just Woody either. There's so many environmental and per-round hazards on this map, and the sight lines make the map basically just two rooms, and then there's, like you posted about, Woody. While our FF2 servers aren't exactly strongly competitive, stuff this broken can ruin people's fun more than be fun. Woody got old for me really fast too.

I would rather this map be removed altogether than just the Woody effect.
Last edited by Hylie on Thu Dec 15, 2016 1:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
AgentApple50

Post by AgentApple50 »

I thought the map creator made the sound only play on death in the latest update

http://gamebanana.com/maps/188681

Yeah, in the newest version he did.
Fire
Owner

Post by Fire »

Updated.
ImageImage
AC/DC Freak
Veteran

Post by AC/DC Freak »

AgentApple50 wrote:I thought the map creator made the sound only play on death in the latest update

http://gamebanana.com/maps/188681

Yeah, in the newest version he did.

Correct I asked the creator to make woody happen less often, He finally fullfilled my request, so woody has been made to only happen upon player death.