[FF2] Freddy Krueger Nerf

AgentApple50

[FF2] Freddy Krueger Nerf

Post by AgentApple50 »

Freddy Krueger, a boss with too much perks. Me and plenty of others think he needs a nerf, I'll go over what he can do.

Chargable Super Jump

Give a black screen overlay for about one second on rage

Teleport to a random player on rage, but receives about one second stun before being able to attack

Stuns all players around the player he teleported to for about two seconds

Has three lives, losing one life grants him the slow motion swift ability (like gabe newells rage)

Has a knife melee, capable of backstabbing

Can one hit a overhealed heavy with a knife facestab

I would love to hear all of your opinions on this character, for me I just find him a pain to deal with.

Thanks for listening to my rant, i'm just a little triggered :P
Last edited by AgentApple50 on Sat Dec 17, 2016 8:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jasmine
Veteran

Re: [FF2] Freddy Krueger Nerf

Post by Jasmine »

I just lost with him on server one , I didn't stand a chance and I play freddy a lot and I know how to handle him. I don't think at all he needs a nerf
Much love
Jasmine
Dongle
Forum Mod

Post by Dongle »

I think Freddy is a balanced boss. It depends on who is playing him because any player can make a boss seem more op than they actually are.
ImageImage
Hylie

Post by Hylie »

He's on the higher part of the WLR. While this boss is powerful, this boss I don't see as unfair. He doesn't have easy-to-abuse tactics like Samus' blaster picking off one character at a time or Doom's previous unlimited power-ups, and so this boss, however powerful, does not have any particular standout skill that can be abused to give him nearly guaranteed wins, and therefore should probably not need a nerf. After all, there should be bosses that are challenging, and some that are easy to play, yet none that have an ability that can be used to guarantee a win or be so weak as to almost always lose, but there should be a difficulty spectrum, for against both teams.

I will say that trading out his player scare for an uber on rage would be a great way to change his meta and prevent what is probably considered the most annoying feature of this boss, a basically guaranteed kill on rage, as at least that way a Medic could jump in and save you, or you could try to escape out of him since you would have no scare affecting your movement speed (then again, Amish Bull gets two of those per rage, so I'm personally fine with how Krueger is now.)

Dongle wrote:I think Freddy is a balanced boss. It depends on who is playing him because any player can make a boss seem more op than they actually are.

And, to add to that, you never specified which people make up the "Plenty of others" you're referring to who want this boss nerfed. If they're long time regulars who came on the forums and put their two cents in for the favor of nerfing the boss, that would be a fairer discussion and more powerful argument on your end. If they're not regulars, I'm not sure how much weight they carry. I've heard newer players complain about every single boss at some point or another, due to simply a good player, or a map that favored that particular boss.
Last edited by Hylie on Sun Dec 18, 2016 8:58 am, edited 6 times in total.
Jasmine
Veteran

Post by Jasmine »

Please don't try and fix what isn't broken, freddy is fine
Much love
Jasmine
AgentApple50

Post by AgentApple50 »

The part I dislike the most is the free kill on rage, If the stunned players on rage was removed, people could atleast have a chance at surviving. Let me know what you think.
Jasmine
Veteran

Post by Jasmine »

There's tons of hales with stun on rage though? Both tele and superjump hales.
Much love
Jasmine
AgentApple50

Post by AgentApple50 »

Jasmine wrote:There's tons of hales with stun on rage though? Both tele and superjump hales.
What i'm trying to say is he doesn't need a stun on rage since he already has plenty of other abilities. Gentlespy has stun on rage but he cannot super jump. Ash has stun on rage but cannot teleport.
Last edited by AgentApple50 on Mon Dec 19, 2016 2:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
Darkone2e
Veteran

Post by Darkone2e »

Ok Apple you know i hold your opinion in high regard, But Freddy does not really need a nerf. I have killed him in so many ways it's not even funny anymore. Ask Jasmine how many times i have fragged her. Luv Ya Jas. I have also killed him as engi melee, and with both the shotty and sentry. It's all about the team when it's that boss. The only change I would make is more control over the tele he has but that might make him OP.
AgentApple50

Post by AgentApple50 »

Darkone2e wrote:Ok Apple you know i hold your opinion in high regard, But Freddy does not really need a nerf. I have killed him in so many ways it's not even funny anymore. Ask Jasmine how many times i have fragged her. Luv Ya Jas. I have also killed him as engi melee, and with both the shotty and sentry. It's all about the team when it's that boss. The only change I would make is more control over the tele he has but that might make him OP.
Alright, yeah I was pretty salty from in real life things and was in a bad mood yesterday. What Dongle said earlier was right as well, all hales being op if used correctly. Sorry about this rant xD have a good one.
Last edited by AgentApple50 on Mon Dec 19, 2016 10:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.