FF2: Amp/Dispenser Engineer Assist Damage

Hylie

FF2: Amp/Dispenser Engineer Assist Damage

Post by Hylie »

So, Medics receive half the damage from their heal targets and full during Uber, as a way of properly rewarding them points for their team play and because they don't deal that damage directly.

For dispensers, but more so for amps, maybe there should be something similar? Not anything near as high, since engineers are capable of pretty decent damage outputs, but maybe 5% assist damage for dispensers and 10% for amps (I say lower for dispensers because dispensers usually imply you'll be building level 3 sentries, which also means your damage output will be there)? Maybe lower, I just suggested 10% because I wouldn't know where to start. Feedback on idea, different % suggestions?

EDIT: After thinking about it more and getting feedback, I propose that there be an assist damage % for solely the amp, due to the implied damage of the sentry you get when you're using a dispenser.
Last edited by Hylie on Wed Dec 21, 2016 9:10 am, edited 3 times in total.
Taliu

Re: FF2: Amp/Dispenser Engineer Assist Damage

Post by Taliu »

While I sort of agree with you, I see engineers at the top of the damage list very very often. And with little effort, unlike spies or snipers, who are just as common on the top scoring list. I'm not saying engineers don't do a lot for the team, but I am saying they don't really need help getting damage points. I might agree with you for amps, as it limits sentry usage, but most of the time, engines do a lot of damage normally.
Hylie

Post by Hylie »

Taliu wrote:While I sort of agree with you, I see engineers at the top of the damage list very very often. And with little effort, unlike spies or snipers, who are just as common on the top scoring list. I'm not saying engineers don't do a lot for the team, but I am saying they don't really need help getting damage points. I might agree with you for amps, as it limits sentry usage, but most of the time, engines do a lot of damage normally.
Yes, I was thinking doing it for only amps
Last edited by Hylie on Thu Dec 22, 2016 1:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
Darkone2e
Veteran

Post by Darkone2e »

Ok as an engi MAIN, I like the idea of an amp getting a little boost in building priority cause of it helping the players score. But I am also a high scoring engi so I don't think a dispenser should get any of the damage or points another player gets because it gains through healing done already.
notjus

Post by notjus »

Darkone2e wrote:Ok as an engi MAIN, I like the idea of an amp getting a little boost in building priority cause of it helping the players score. But I am also a high scoring engi so I don't think a dispenser should get any of the damage or points another player gets because it gains through healing done already.
this ^
Last edited by notjus on Fri Dec 23, 2016 6:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
I go by Get/Here and this is my steam profile.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/notjus/
Hylie

Post by Hylie »

Updated idea to include only amps. What % of damage should be assist damage credited to the engineer, I'm thinking 5% to theoretically start with?