VSH Heavy Taunt Crit Duration Buff?

Polar Bear Facts
Veteran

VSH Heavy Taunt Crit Duration Buff?

Post by Polar Bear Facts »

I've been playing on the VSH servers for awhile now and seen some changes over time. I can't really find too much room to complain about the current state of classes and their balance within the game but one thing I can comment on is the difficulty of reliably playing Heavy in the servers.

In the current state of the VSH servers, most classes can reliably find some play on most maps and can independently do well. The Heavy is in a unique situation though because of his immobility and need for support in order to do damage extending beyond 1K. I've noticed that Heavies on the VSH servers can only succeed if they have some form of support from engies or medics or if they roll a positively influencing RTD, and even then, only the damage boosting rolls give the heavy any chance to put out more than 1K of damage.

For the most part, this is okay since Heavy is fundamentally supposed to be a class that does better with proper support, but compared to the various ways other classes can boost their damage against Hales, the Heavy has none, and this makes him ironically one of the worst classes to in terms of damage output against Hale.

Normally, most classes that need a damage boost turn to taunt crits to make more of an impact in big fights, like soldiers. The heavy on the other hand shouldn't even attempt to taunt for crits because of how short their crit duration is. By the time they rev up their minigun, they have roughly 1-2 seconds of crits before they revert back to normal which might not mean much in a normal circumstance, but against hale they tend to get slaughtered pretty quickly.

----

Ok, I kind of realized a bit too late that I'm practically writing an essay at this point so here's the bottom line/TLDR: Heavy is probably the least played class in VSH because of how little they are capable of doing without support. My proposal is to extend the the duration of taunt crits for the Heavy so that he can gain a bit of power back on an otherwise inefficient class in VSH.

FF servers have blanket 5 second taunt crits for all classes and that seems to fix most of the problems with the heavy's playability but I understand that some of the rules need to differ between modes. Regardless, a slight extension might make them a bit more viable.

Regardless, let me know what you think, sorry for the wall of text.
Rigby!

Re: VSH Heavy Taunt Crit Duration Buff?

Post by Rigby! »

I agree

Heavy in the current state of VSH is very weak, some unlocks may fix this, such as the shotgun and the family bussiness. But his main damage dealer, the minigun, is just too weak. The only real way to get efficent damage is through medics and amplifiers. Unless you think that 1k-2k is good for heavy. ;)

-Rigby
Last edited by Rigby! on Mon Dec 26, 2016 3:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
Someone take the exclamation mark out of my name, I'm not excited to be here.
Taliu

Post by Taliu »

I haven't noticed this, but I use the tami, so I have a really short spin up time.
Idjit
Veteran

Post by Idjit »

This was fixed. There was an error in the code.
Fire wrote:Funny but don't post this stupid shit.
MrRocketBoots wrote:Completely understandable, I did overlook that. Apologies, Thanks for you time none the less.