Criteria for Freak Fortress Bosses

KnotRed

Criteria for Freak Fortress Bosses

Post by KnotRed »

Hello, my name is KnotRed

I started this thread to ask what is the criteria for proper FF2 Suggestions, cause my suggestions so far have been called "terrible", "the worst" or "you should go kill yourself"

If any people who help run the servers could put that information down below, it would be most helpful, cause I like playing on these servers and I want to see it grow even more then it is now in the future

If you took the time to read this, thank you

Sincerely, KnotRed

P.S. Apollogies for FF2 pg. 66, I ran out of ideas and looked up bosses from European & Australian FF2 servers
This is just a suggestion, its basically a grain of sand that nobody cares about
SpicyCandy
Forum Mod

Re: Criteria for Freak Fortress Bosses

Post by SpicyCandy »

It is highly suggested that whatever bosses you suggest, that they be an original idea or one that has not been suggested before. For example, mere reskins of stock classes or anything of the sort is frowned upon and repeated posts of the same content will be met with a possible forum ban. Before posting a boss, ask yourself:

1. Is this boss original?
2. Has someone already suggested this boss?
3. Is this boss safe for all of our community to view? (i.e. NSFW bosses are obviously not allowed.)

Also, I would highly recommend you NOT start out suggestions with "I know your community does not accept these suggestions, but.." That is a surefire way for your suggestion to be ignored or deleted. It also shows us that you are not respecting forum rules. (A bit of a side note, we do accept any kind of suggestion, as long as it fulfills the aforementioned prerequisites.)

Thanks and keep the content fresh and clean.

EDIT: Added an additional prerequisite after some thought.
Last edited by SpicyCandy on Mon Jan 23, 2017 6:04 am, edited 4 times in total.
Reason: Fixed some grammar problems.
Hylie

Post by Hylie »

While it is not necessarily criteria, it is also extremely helpful if a link to a usable 3d model is included, as, eventually, one is required.
Sir Spookleton
Veteran

Post by Sir Spookleton »

Hylie wrote:While it is not necessarily criteria, it is also extremely helpful if a link to a usable 3d model is included, as, eventually, one is required.
Isn't there a boss in Freak Fortress that doesn't have a 3D model and is only 2D? The "Quad Laser" guy.
Last edited by Sir Spookleton on Mon Jan 23, 2017 10:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dr. Axel Link
Veteran

Post by Dr. Axel Link »

As someone who used to post (a lot of) suggestions to the FF2 Boss Suggestions, keep in mind a few other things other than what Spicy and hylie said: Is this character from a series that is known enough for the time and money to be made a boss? Ex: Cloud from Final Fantasy, popular series, well known JRPG character. Keep in mind what abilities they'll have, Cloud could have a couple of different rages he would choose from, probably based off of his games.
Other things to consider: Is this character the best fit from the series (on top of from the game being known enough)? Ex. Anna from Fire Emblem. She's a merchant who's been in almost every game, but when you compare her to the popular characters like Marth, Ike, Roy, etc, she just doesn't have enough going for her.
Finally: Will it be fun to fight this boss? Not only on top of the boss being unique-ish and balanced, will the person playing the boss or the team fighting it have fun doing so? Ex: On rage, everyone is teleported. (not like that's a real bosses rage atm, but would it be fun? Maybe the first 2 or 3 times, but it would get annoying pretty fast)
IceeKnight

Post by IceeKnight »

SpicyCandy wrote: 3. Is this boss safe for all of our community to view? (i.e. NSFW bosses are obviously not allowed.)

Last I checked the Vagineer was still in rotation
Last edited by IceeKnight on Tue Jan 24, 2017 3:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
FawfulRoach
Veteran

Post by FawfulRoach »

IceeKnight wrote:
SpicyCandy wrote: 3. Is this boss safe for all of our community to view? (i.e. NSFW bosses are obviously not allowed.)

Last I checked the Vagineer was still in rotation
1. Vagineer is one of the more classic hales from saxton hale/freak fortress in general.

2. His mouth barely resembles an actual vagina at all aside from the shape, so it doesn't really apply to the nsfw category that accurately.
Last edited by FawfulRoach on Tue Jan 24, 2017 3:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
notjus

Post by notjus »

Sir Spookleton wrote:
Hylie wrote:While it is not necessarily criteria, it is also extremely helpful if a link to a usable 3d model is included, as, eventually, one is required.
Isn't there a boss in Freak Fortress that doesn't have a 3D model and is only 2D? The "Quad Laser" guy.
technically 3d, no matter how thin he is.
I go by Get/Here and this is my steam profile.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/notjus/