Is targeting a form of harassment?

NerfPlayeR135

Is targeting a form of harassment?

Post by NerfPlayeR135 »

I wasn't sure whether to put this in Complaints or in Ban Disputes (feel free to move the thread), but here goes...

On Idle #1, Scunt Main =WL= -[FF]- complained to Lewanda that SK3TCH was targeting him; i.e. the only person he was fighting was Scunt Main. Generally speaking, targeting a player in an online game is inflicting in-game harm on him and only him, usually to try to incite a reaction from him. He (and I) believe that this is a form of harassment; however, Lewanda believed it was part of the game, and gave Scunt Main an hour gag for being rude.

I want to establish whether targeting is considered harassment or not (and is therefore a bannable offense); the in-game rules do not state anything regarding targeting. Although I do not agree with Lewanda's actions, I am not disputing Scunt Main's gag, since it is a short one. I would appreciate it if some of the admins (inculding Lewanda) gave their opinion on the matter. You can also vote in the poll I've attached to this thread.
Last edited by NerfPlayeR135 on Mon Feb 27, 2017 11:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Long-time Disc-FF veteran and jack-of-all-trades TF2 player.

Disc-FF Stats:
Spoiler
Deathrun: No longer exists...

Freak Fortress #1:
SpicyCandy
Forum Mod

Re: Is targeting a form of harassment?

Post by SpicyCandy »

If you are looking at targeting from the view that one player is only killing another specific player, that's not against the rules. It's just the game.

If a player is specifically harassing another player verbally using racist terms, bigotry, etc, that falls under the "No harassment" rule we have.
NerfPlayeR135

Post by NerfPlayeR135 »

Even though I disagree, I won't argue. Your word is final.
Long-time Disc-FF veteran and jack-of-all-trades TF2 player.

Disc-FF Stats:
Spoiler
Deathrun: No longer exists...

Freak Fortress #1:
Armen
Veteran

Post by Armen »

Is it against the rules? No.
Is it annoying? Yes.

I still don't think that it's really harassment though.
sambawarkiddo
Veteran

Post by sambawarkiddo »

I mean if you hopped server and they joined off of you or something to keep doing it or change teams to keep it up if you change to their team, then grab some demos. That could be considered harassment. Otherwise they're just being a dick.
Fire wrote:You're a admin?