Pokemon Trainer

Mr Pockets

Pokemon Trainer

Post by Mr Pockets »

It has been enough time since his revamp to give proper judgment.

This boss is stupidly overpowered.
It is out of flavor for the character entirely.
it requires little attention and has become more of a lame joke boss.
It is not fun. at all.

People disconnect when this boss is chosen. People cut their hp in half and still wipe teams with no rage rounds without any real direction or attention.

He has High HP
Incredible speed
scout model
One hit KO melee
At. Scout. Melee. Speed.
With boss/eyelander range

the rage counters engineers. its a throwable projectile that shuts down sentries.
The High HP makes digging in not worth it as his rage will kill engi nests before they can really make a good dent more often than not.
the speed counters everything and easily prevents spies from doing their job
the speed also makes snipers barely able to function efficiently
the damage goes through overheal/lucky sandvich fast as hell so heavy medic is practically worthless without unlimited uber. (Even then 1 ludicolo rage and its over)
I know these bosses require a lot of attention and time and a ton of work to make and work on, but this redux has just gotten to be a total mess. It's not challenging or fun, and its just exhausting to play against.

My personal suggestion: This boss is removed until it can be what the Pokemon Trainer should be. A Summon Boss. If any series should be a summoner, it is this one. But the way his rage works right now is a huge kill guarantee with projectile aiming. He counters everything a scout boss is weak against.

I'm really sorry. But this boss is just aggravating. I hate this boss so much because of how indecently strong it is.
Last edited by Mr Pockets on Mon May 22, 2017 7:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
No, I'm not the Scout Voice Actor.
Fire
Owner

Re: Pokemon Trainer

Post by Fire »

When watching videos of this boss I do see that he seems really powerful. I was planning on nerfing him anyway so he has now be updated.

Nerfs:

Pokemon Trainer:

-Reduced health from 800 to 670 per player
-Increased damage needed for rage from 2500 to 3000
-Reduced range of sentry stun from 600 to 500
-Reduced speed of boss from 400 to 340
-Added 40% fire rate penalty to melee
ImageImage
Mr Pockets

Post by Mr Pockets »

Thank you, Fire.

And once again I'm sorry for the rage post. I'm beside myself with happiness when I see the care you all take in this mod, as this is the best Freak Fortress server I've played Bar None. But thank you for tuning into this, comrade.
Fire
Owner

Post by Fire »

Yea, let me know how the nerfs worked out and if he is more balanced now or under/over powered.
ImageImage
Mr Pockets

Post by Mr Pockets »

I will do my best