FF2 | Short Circuit Nerf Request/Suggestion

SirAnthonyIII

FF2 | Short Circuit Nerf Request/Suggestion

Post by SirAnthonyIII »

In my opinion, the Short Circuit is one of the most cheapest weapons in Freak Fortress 2 right now. The stun's way too long and Engineers could easily sit on top of an unreachable object or in a corner near a dispenser and endlessly turtle until you either die, rage, or just simply leave them be. It's incredibly annoying to face as Hale and just completely kills the fun of playing as Hale overall. I would love to see this weapon get a nerf, I also have a few ideas that could possibly balance it.

1) Lose 50 HP upon using the Alt-fire
2) Consume alot more metal
3) Gives the hale more rage (kinda like airblasting)
4) Heavily reduce the stun time.

Sorry for the rage post, but I just hate seeing hales being unable to fight back against turtle engies camping with short circuit. Even in groups where people are meleeing the hale while they're unable to attack (unless they're a heavy hale).
Very Rare Spawning NPC
Darkone2e
Veteran

Re: FF2 | Short Circuit Nerf Request/Suggestion

Post by Darkone2e »

the s/c has been nerfed at least 5 times. I would hate to see it destroyed by anyone any further. Bosses get around it all thee time just watch a more experienced player and you'll see how. oh and just so ya know heavy bosses can still punch through the stun......
Drewski
Veteran

Post by Drewski »

The short circuit is a last resort for engineers because they are virtually defenseless without their sentrys. In fact, it should receive a small buff to where it uses less metal if possible.
Add me on steam! Click the globe icon to go to my profile!
PC Specs
Idjit
Veteran

Post by Idjit »

The Short Circuit is countered by a rage, a goomba, swinging your melee BEFORE getting hit (With proper timing you can swing through a short circuit attack), or any boss that counts as a heavy (The heavy can attack through a stun). It has plenty of counters and requires smart play aside from tanking sentry fire and breaking the nest. It also gives engineers a much needed escape option. Where it sits now is fine.
Fire wrote:Funny but don't post this stupid shit.
MrRocketBoots wrote:Completely understandable, I did overlook that. Apologies, Thanks for you time none the less.
Dr. Axel Link
Veteran

Post by Dr. Axel Link »

I play Pistol Engi, but have been trying the SC lately. Not my style, but it is counterable. After long time of being on the server, it's not the easiest thing to counter, but usually isn't the end of a bosses life. Many bosses can counter SC, like Ryu is immune to stuns, and even bosses like Guts and Raiden are able to get through SC if timed right and approached at the right angle.
SirAnthonyIII

Post by SirAnthonyIII »

I guess it counterable, I just find it very annoying when engies use it completely lockdown a hale most of the time.
Very Rare Spawning NPC
Idjit
Veteran

Post by Idjit »

If the hale plays smart, he won't be locked down at all. It just requires some foresight.
Fire wrote:Funny but don't post this stupid shit.
MrRocketBoots wrote:Completely understandable, I did overlook that. Apologies, Thanks for you time none the less.
Buddha

Post by Buddha »

I do realize that this "problem" seems to be resolved but i wanted to point out that single raging an engineer is also an answer. It is unconventional but the rage mechanic is meant to take out key threats. This could easily be an engineer who has full metal reserve camping with his buildings. Short circuit engineers do have utility but they can be taken care of with rage, or targeting them when they need to build their dispensers.
Sky Dragon

Post by Sky Dragon »

Drewski wrote:The short circuit is a last resort for engineers because they are virtually defenseless without their sentrys.
That's the whole point of engies; they are semi-pseudo glass cannons, useless without a sentry but definitely a powerful combination with one. Adding a stun mechanic with any engineer weapon kinda defeats the purpose, don'tcha think? I have not heard or seen anyone ever complain about the engineer class being too difficult to play or wanting some sort of way to stun the hale as a engineer prior to the existence of the Short Circuit stun. Just sounds like a lot of pussy footing to me.
Buddha wrote:i wanted to point out that single raging an engineer is also an answer.
Yeah, but then they start bitching about it, which is a kinda stupid and illegitimate thing to complain about especially playing such a limited and overpowered class.
Last edited by Sky Dragon on Mon Jul 17, 2017 3:39 am, edited 2 times in total.
Buddha

Post by Buddha »

Buddha wrote:i wanted to point out that single raging an engineer is also an answer.
Sky Dragon wrote:Yeah, but then they start bitching about it, which is a kinda stupid and illegitimate thing to complain about especially playing such a limited and overpowered class.
Well, let them do so. Just yesterday I single raged someone and they called me a "signle raging bitch". it doesn't bother me and if they are so angry that they start being rude they just make themselves look... dumb. I understand Single raging and capping is the objects of scorn but its a game. people will get mad for stupid reason.
Last edited by Buddha on Sat Jul 22, 2017 11:50 pm, edited 2 times in total.