RIP Trade Offers

FriendlyPyro
Veteran

RIP Trade Offers

Post by FriendlyPyro »

So apparently, Steam decided that the best way to solve a nonexistent problem was to add captchas to Trade Offers. But here's the thing; You only have to enter the captcha when you are accepting the trade offer, but I believe you only press a button to confirm you're not a robot when making the trade offer. I myself do not feel too affected by this new system, but the rest of the trading community has lost its shit. Thoughts?
Last edited by FriendlyPyro on Mon Jan 12, 2015 3:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I am very dead
The face of evil
Banshee

Re: RIP Trade Offers

Post by Banshee »

I know many people who make trade offer bots, and they are all really annoyed now because they need to rewrite all or their bots. Doesn't really affect me though, I don't really care.

Dodgeball
Trade #1
Trade #2
Trade #3

Click on the picture to go to my profile!
Satan wrote:Small but good, like my penis.
Ibuix wrote:You're a real life saver. A nigga, if you will
Dubstab
Veteran

Post by Dubstab »

Most trade offer bots are useful, from what I have seen? So why may you not bot-tradeoffer people?
Last edited by Dubstab on Mon Jan 12, 2015 4:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Drewski
Veteran

Post by Drewski »

Doesn't really affect me because I don't really use Trade offers that much (only when I know I'm going to be away for a while I may use them). I like Instant trading because I'm getting my goods right then. And I kinda like actually talking to my seller. And it's really just a code you have to enter in. It's not like you have write a 3 page essay. For the people who use bots, can't they just re-write them? Or wait for a solution?
Add me on steam! Click the globe icon to go to my profile!
PC Specs
Banshee

Post by Banshee »

Drewski wrote:Doesn't really affect me because I don't really use Trade offers that much (only when I know I'm going to be away for a while I may use them). I like Instant trading because I'm getting my goods right then. And I kinda like actually talking to my seller. And it's really just a code you have to enter in. It's not like you have write a 3 page essay. For the people who use bots, can't they just re-write them? Or wait for a solution?
They could of course rewrite them, but converting from trade offers to live trading would take a long time and be very annoying.
Last edited by Banshee on Mon Jan 12, 2015 5:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Dodgeball
Trade #1
Trade #2
Trade #3

Click on the picture to go to my profile!
Satan wrote:Small but good, like my penis.
Ibuix wrote:You're a real life saver. A nigga, if you will
FriendlyPyro
Veteran

Post by FriendlyPyro »

Drewski wrote:And it's really just a code you have to enter in. It's not like you have write a 3 page essay.
Trade Offers are meant to be extremely quick and efficient (frustrating Steam Errors not included). This new captcha system, although it doesn't seem too bad, it slows down how fast you can accept trade offers and is overall annoying when you have several trade offers you need to accept.
Last edited by FriendlyPyro on Tue Jan 13, 2015 2:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I am very dead
The face of evil
Mitch
Server Admin

Post by Mitch »

Isn't there a trade bot that gives out VIP if they give scrap metal to the bot or what ever?
Improv
Veteran

Post by Improv »

Mitch wrote:Isn't there a trade bot that gives out VIP if they give scrap metal to the bot or what ever?
the captcha thing only effects trade offers, people can donate to the bot in game. So that's good i guess
Last edited by Improv on Tue Jan 13, 2015 8:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Former Saxton Hale/Trade admin, Full time weaboo
MikeyisKool

Post by MikeyisKool »

The captcha is a pretty cool add. It may slow down the person sending the offer, but it decreases scam attempts.