[Appeal] Wrongly Silenced (Permanently)

razmuslite

[Appeal] Wrongly Silenced (Permanently)

Post by razmuslite »

I just went to post a long dispute, but since it took me an hour or two to write, apparently I was automatically logged out and my entire original post is gone. Here's a summarized version of what I wrote. I'll reply to anything you have to say. Anything derogatory here is quoted. If any of what I'm saying here breaks the terms of the forums, I'll edit the post.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Server where offense took place: 74.91.113.50:27029 (Dodgeball)

Name of player (SteamID if you have it): Huds0n - http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198052029652

Admin: Jasmine - http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197975511273
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Explain what happened:

Krow (http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198073745180) and Ziggle (http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198082591937) assumed a joke I made about selfies was serious and I was actually trying to convince Ziggle to commit suicide.

The joke:
Let's face facts here, anyone who takes a selfie should just be shot by a firing squad.
So not only is this not about suicide, I said it jokingly. It was painfully obvious. That's why it really twists my mind when I'm accused of something really awful like this. I really don't get how this would even be associated with suicide, and I never even mentioned the word until they accused me of it. Since that's what their primary accusation of me seems to be, that's what I'm arguing against.

Anything vulgar or offensive for the most part was an obvious joke. I was on voice chat and you could tell by my general tone that I wasn't serious. That is until I was accused of being racist, an asshole, and provoking suicide. The worst thing I said that entire night was
If you can't differentiate a joke from a serious statement then you're a social retard.

Which I still stand by. Unless offensive or controversial (in your opinion) humor is against the rules, I shouldn't be permanently silenced.

I'm being permanently silenced because 2 well known community members took a joke seriously. Apparently I'm guilty until proven innocent here. There were no warnings, communication, or any attempt to correct my "offensive behavior". As it stands now, it's their word against mine. I'd really appreciate it if anyone has any proof (video, chat logs, etc).

Edit: I want a list of players who were actually *there* when I "said" it. The only 2 people that I know were there were ziggle and krow.
Players/Admins who also saw offense were involved:

Krow - Accuser
Ziggle - Accuser
Neon - Witness
Time and Date of offense: December 13th or 14th but I didn't get the "punishment" until the 18th I think.

If I missed anything in the post I'll address it. Thanks.

You can also contact me on steam: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198052029652
Last edited by razmuslite on Mon Dec 22, 2014 5:27 am, edited 5 times in total.
Jasmine
Veteran

Re: [Appeal] Wrongly Silenced (Permanently)

Post by Jasmine »

Hai sweetie!
First of all. It wasnt a permasilence.
Second of all. No, it wasnt for "making a joke about someone killing themself"

I woke up, got tons of messages about you being a general douchebag on the server, so I check your logs. And I see this;

15 Dec 2014 22:38:58 Autism wins again.
15 Dec 2014 22:37:25 Autism wins again.
15 Dec 2014 22:32:04 Autism wins again.
15 Dec 2014 22:30:36 Autism wins again.
15 Dec 2014 22:30:27 Autism wins again.
15 Dec 2014 22:24:05 Autism wins again.
15 Dec 2014 22:20:13 Autism wins again.
15 Dec 2014 22:16:16 Autism wins again.
15 Dec 2014 22:10:40 Autism wins again.
15 Dec 2014 22:06:11 Autism wins again.
15 Dec 2014 01:19:50 Autism wins again.

So considering what I heard from trusted regulars, and from people watching this whole thing play out + the fact that you were spamming the chat made me go on and give you an extended silence.

And you're right. I didnt give you any warnings cause I think the part of spamming not being a good thing to do is selfexplainatory. And being a general douchebag too. I think you know very well what you've said and done.
Being vulgar or offensive isnt always taken as a joke from people you say it to.

Also, your previous chatlogs is not pretty either;

13 Dec 2014 02:48:33 Autism wins again.
13 Dec 2014 02:30:00 Autism wins again.
13 Dec 2014 02:23:37 Autism wins again. -
13 Dec 2014 02:22:40 Autism wins again.
13 Dec 2014 02:21:32 Autism wins again.
13 Dec 2014 02:21:27 Autism wins again.
13 Dec 2014 02:20:12 Autism wins again.
13 Dec 2014 02:19:48 Autism wins again.
10 Dec 2014 18:20:38 fucking retard
10 Dec 2014 17:29:31 gay as hell
6 Dec 2014 20:22:57 shut up stupid bitch
3 Dec 2014 19:26:36 nigger music

So yes. It was wrong of me not giving you a warning. But I stand by my decision and according to people playing you started your shit right back up the moment you got unmuted.
Last edited by Jasmine on Mon Dec 22, 2014 8:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
Much love
Jasmine
Jasmine
Veteran

Post by Jasmine »

Talked to a regular this morning who was in, this is his statement.
"He's on an alt account right now
fucking going bat shit insane on people in server right now
Making some outrageous claims, despite witnesses being present to point out that he's lying.
and sure enough, Huds0n was doing a hard core rant and series of personal attacks
he jumped on me as soon as I joined the server too
but kept his focus on Ziggle being some kind of villain, and everyone lying about the whole scenario.
So first he fessed up to what he said, then criticized folks for feeling that way. "It was a joke, stop being so serious".

Then he started changing the story. "I didn't said they should kill themselves, I said they should die by firing squad".

Now he's denying it completely. "I never said anything remotely like that, you are all lying."

But that's only one regular, for now. The rest is unfortunately not online considering our timedifference. I'll update as soon as I can get a hold of them.
Last edited by Jasmine on Mon Dec 22, 2014 8:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
Much love
Jasmine
Harmless
Veteran

Post by Harmless »

Noticed something in his appeal that seriously caught my attention. I'm not a whole lot on Dodgeball and I'm an admin on VSH, but just saying my two cents here;
razmuslite wrote:
If you can't differentiate a joke from a serious statement then you're a social retard.

Which I still stand by. Unless offensive or controversial (in your opinion) humor is against the rules, I shouldn't be permanently silenced.
The problem is that it takes two to tango. Sure, you have the receiver who takes the joke (be it the wrong or right way), but you also have the person who makes the joke. Especially if you're the one creating the jokes you can't seriously be the judge in who should immediately get the 'obvious' joke and who is a social retard. :/
Last edited by Harmless on Mon Dec 22, 2014 8:52 am, edited 2 times in total.
---------
when I think of harmless I imagine urethral splintering :)
razmuslite

Post by razmuslite »

I'm not saying it's okay to just shit talk them and then at the end of the day say "no it was all a joke dude". That's what people have been saying about me, and that's not what happened. Having been friends with the ones accusing me of this, you're biased. So don't jump to the conclusion that I'm a douchebag upon the statement of a few regulars, take a neutral standpoint.

@Harmless
You can't seriously be the judge in who should immediately get the 'obvious' joke and who is a social retard. :/
It's not the first time I've made a joke like that, and it's also not the first time the exact same minority of people in the server got offended by one of my jokes. So the only other option left is that I must have a lot of socially retarded friends who don't understand "proper humor etiquette".

@Jasmine

First of all. It wasnt a permasilence.
How long am I silenced for? It's been at least 5 days now.

It wasnt for "making a joke about someone killing themself"
That's the general reason I got from everyone I asked. I'll drop that.

got tons of messages about you being a general douchebag
It would help to know who you got these messages from and when.

I think the part of spamming not being a good thing to do is self explanatory. And being a general douchebag too. I think you know very well what you've said and done.
I never spammed the chat. I posted Autism wins again when anyone else said atheism wins again. So if I'm spamming, they're spamming. I know exactly what I've said and done, and none of it should have given me the reaction that I got.

Being vulgar or offensive isnt always taken as a joke from people you say it to.
I could stand behind this. But they shouldn't stay offended once I tell them it's a joke! That's why this all started!

you started your shit right back up the moment you got unmuted.
If you're talking about me getting on an alt, I originally joined to tell Ziggle to stop making passive aggressive comments about me while knowing I'm silenced. Check the logs if you don't believe me. Xynical was the one who started telling me it's his doing that I'm banned and I'm such a bad person. Otherwise I don't know what you're talking about, since I never got unmuted, aside from a short unmute I had while MoneyKidKing was in the server, but nothing even happened then.
Talked to a regular this morning who was in, this is his statement.
Definitely Xynical.
Making some outrageous claims
I'd like to know what claims I made, other than "you're full of shit, I never mentioned the word suicide".
despite witnesses being present to point out that he's lying.
The only person in there who could be considered a witness is Ziggle, so witness shouldn't be plural.
he jumped on me as soon as I joined the server too
I liked Xynical when he joined. But he was the first one to direct an attack towards me. I think literally the second sentence he said was something around the lines of "I'm pretty much the reason you got muted. I talked to an admin and found out what you said." He didn't even give me a chance to talk or defend myself, every time I said a word, him and Ziggle just yelled over me.
So first he fessed up to what he said, then criticized folks for feeling that way. "It was a joke, stop being so serious".

Then he started changing the story. "I didn't said they should kill themselves, I said they should die by firing squad".

Now he's denying it completely. "I never said anything remotely like that, you are all lying."
No, that is almost entirely false. I'm not denying it at all. I did in fact say the firesquad line, but I didn't say the suicide thing. Why would I lie about that? It's not like replacing suicide with firing squad makes the statement any better or worse. I just don't like people putting words into my mouth. The only reason he hangs onto suicide is because that's all he has on me. Where are you even getting this information?

What really annoys me here is that it's mostly just Majority VS Minority here. You should almost take it for granted that a regular's friends would back them up. Isn't it surprising that nobody ever thought you record a demo of me being such a bad person if they want to get me in trouble so badly, and this happened on so many different occasions? There's literally been no proof at all that I've done anything wrong, aside from:
10 Dec 2014 18:20:38 fucking retard
10 Dec 2014 17:29:31 gay as hell
6 Dec 2014 20:22:57 shut up stupid bitch
3 Dec 2014 19:26:36 nigger music
Over the range of an entire week, taken completely out of context.

Why don't one of the admins just make an alt, and follow any of the people "I make a villian out of" to see if I incite a reaction? If my douchebaggery is really that prevalent and frequent, it wouldn't take very long to have solid proof, and close the case with a ban.

What I'd really appreciate, is if you'd remove my punishment, and monitor me to make sure I don't do anything wrong. I'd be confident enough to tell you to ban me if I did anything after a single warning.
Last edited by razmuslite on Mon Dec 22, 2014 10:41 am, edited 15 times in total.
Jasmine
Veteran

Post by Jasmine »

You were silenced for a month. (based on the spam at multiple times, the words from regulars both how you offended people and how you were a general douchebag)
From who I get my words I cannot say considering they are affraid you'd go after them and that's understandable.
You did spam, I copied your chatlogs.
This thread is not about everyone else though, it's about you and what YOU've done. I have only looked at chatlogs regarding you in this case. What I do with other people spamming the chat is actually not relevant to this thread, your punishment or frankly none of your buisness.
Money had no right whatsoever to unmute you in my opinion so I'll leave that be.
An alt. account to go around the punishment is another rulebreak wich should be considered another punishment.

And last of all, not all regulars are friends with each other. Wich is why I am more convinced that since their stories fit together and yours doesnt.
I rest my case.
It's up to higher instances what's gonna happen now.
I've said what I have to say,.
Last edited by Jasmine on Mon Dec 22, 2014 12:09 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Much love
Jasmine
sambawarkiddo
Veteran

Post by sambawarkiddo »

Not an admin on db, but I've witnessed you being incredibly rude towards numerous players reasonless, and constantly bindspamming.
Last edited by sambawarkiddo on Mon Dec 22, 2014 12:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fire wrote:You're a admin?
MoneyKidKing

Post by MoneyKidKing »

I did say that I was fine giving you a temporary unmute on the server while I was online.

As a stipulation I said if you spoke about the reason why you were silenced, I was not going to ever do it again.

As to making the alt to get around the mute, what were you thinking? I know some people can be annoying, but there is a mute button for a reason.

I'm going to let the silence ride out, and if you use any alts the silence shall turn into a ban. Remember, it's not about what they did versus what you did, it's about what you yourself actually did.
Last edited by MoneyKidKing on Mon Dec 22, 2014 2:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Shia Suprise
Spoiler
SpicyCandy
Forum Mod

Post by SpicyCandy »

Currently under review.