Banned Despite Following Rules

Post by Chaos02 »

In-game name: Mechawreck's limp dispenser
Steam community link: https://steamcommunity.com/id/Chaosm1c/

Punished by: Sylvester
Punishment: Ban, 2 hours.
Server: Slender Fortress

Reason and why I think this was unjust:

I was banned for "trolling" for two hours on Slender Fortress because I followed another player around only on Blue team. Admins have been involved several times and in all instances, have told me that as long as I am not following players on red or using voicelines on red team, that I was not violating any rules. I have avoided communicating with the player who continues to falsely report me and insult me as requested, and was given no warning before being promptly banned for staying within acceptable behavior.

I have listened carefully to the words of several admins, including Midi Melody, Pasta Stalin, and West to avoid breaking any rules on the server and consider this to be unjust. These three admins have indicated that I am not breaking any rules through my conduct while respectfully indicating what would constitute a violation of rules, this of which I have complied with.

I have attached screenshots of the kind of behavior that has been considered acceptable to direct at me, in addition to screenshots that indicate that I am allowed to follow other players on blue team. I believe that the player who reported me has been lying about what I'm doing and claiming that I'm disrupting the game on Red team, which I absolutely am not doing. I have even received a false warning for doing so which I brought up when I received it in-game.

I have been referred to over the mic as "an unlikeable cunt", "squeaker", "bullied in school", and have responded civilly and respectfully to very insulting language. The behavior I have experienced should realistically be considered a drastic overreaction, and behavior that is actually detrimental to communities.

The person who has reported me and wasted admin time has repeatedly ignored warnings from admins and continued to instigate problems with me, to which I have usually ignored and tolerated. I do not believe I should be punished, and while I have not advocated for such, it would make more sense for the inverse to be the case given the toxicity I've had directed at me.

I have attached several screenshots from TF2 chat below, including the type of language I've had used against me and two indications from an admin that the problem is not regarding me primarily, but is instead with the person who has continued to falsely report me. If requested to provide further evidence that I have been told by admins that I'm breaking no rules, I can provide video/audio clips, although these exceed the 1MB maximum file size.

If the rules are being changed to indicate that I am not allowed to be around another player if they demand such a thing, it would be sensible to warn me of these changing rules instead of punish me for engaging in behavior that had been confirmed to be acceptable under the circumstances I had been conducting myself in.

Thank you,
Chaos55
Attachments
Pasta Stalin 2.PNG
Pasta Stalin 1.PNG
Insult.PNG
Last edited by Chaos02 on Mon Feb 26, 2024 3:46 am, edited 2 times in total.
Sylvester-4
Server Admin

Re: Banned Despite Following Rules

Post by Sylvester-4 »

Hello,

I appreciate you reaching out about your recent ban and making a dispute of it. Unfortunately, I am informed that you have been causing problems in the past few days with a few other players. To be precise, this is "targeted" after seeing that you were getting some reactions by running up to them and spamming voice lines. Regularly this isn't not against the rules. It seems to be constantly trolling a player who doesn't need you when they tell you to stop. Following them every round doesn't help your end, especially having to birdwatch at spawn.

Here are some evidence

https://medal.tv/games/tf2/clips/1Xq6cV ... MTAzNjQ1LA
https://medal.tv/games/tf2/clips/1XzVMr ... MTAzNjQ1LA
PastaStalin
Forum Mod

Re: Banned Despite Following Rules

Post by PastaStalin »

It seems you misunderstood what I said, or you never bothered to include all of what I had said.

When I said "Jumping around and using voice lines" isn't against the rules, that was because you were not targeting Gibbed_ specifically and were just jumping around randomly.

I've told you many times to respect when someone tells you to stop if you're targeting them with something, regardless of what it is. I've also told you to leave Gibbed_ alone in the future, and these clips posted by Sylvester clearly prove that you did not listen to that at all.

There were plenty of eyewitnesses earlier when you were banned who can state that they saw you constantly following Gibbed_ and spamming voice lines, not leaving him alone.

Gibbed is not excluded and will be handled with appropriate punishments when he breaks rules, but your behavior will not be overlooked either.

These rules have been in place for a very long time and you've been told about them already.

Your appeal is denied, and it expires 21 minutes from this post.

Locking.
If you have map suggestions for the DISC-FF Surf server, then you can ask me. I will set them up for you.