david jackel apeal and why saying nigga is bad?

IAmJim

Re: david jackel apeal

Post by IAmJim »

Phantom wrote:You shouldn't be banning people for saying nigger it's an awesome word.
It's not the only word they ban for. This guy got banned for saying AIDS.
Last edited by IAmJim on Tue Feb 26, 2013 11:53 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Phantom
Veteran

Re: david jackel apeal and why saying nigga is bad?

Post by Phantom »

Yeah no more banning people for saying "bad" words unless they are obviously trying to attack or insult someone. Even then you shouldn't ban people for doing things over voice or text chat simply mute or gag them, all of this is in the Guide to Admin Punishments. Go ahead and give that thread a read.
Last edited by Phantom on Tue Feb 26, 2013 11:59 pm, edited 4 times in total.
EngiDesu wrote:And I get to see this lovely piece of shit
DutchKitty
Veteran

Post by DutchKitty »

Fire allows the word nigger and any other offensive or "derogatory" word. As long as you don't take it too far..
Last edited by DutchKitty on Tue Feb 26, 2013 11:59 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Breezier

Post by Breezier »

david jackal wrote:i just updated the title of the post
More like why saying nigga isn't bad in certain terms. Someone please lock this.
Last edited by Breezier on Wed Feb 27, 2013 12:34 am, edited 3 times in total.
amishbull wrote:I like basements.
soulharvester
Veteran

Post by soulharvester »

Posting in a dead thread I guess, but w/e.

I don't like the concept of banning people for saying a word that you find offensive, it sets a precedent I disagree with.

You can just as easily offend people without the use of a slur, or cuss. However some people tend to think that the use of a specific word they don't like for whatever reason is in itself, offensive. Even if it had no intent to offend or insult, people will verbally call for someone to be removed from the server over the technicality. It also opens the barrier to a frustrating system in which there is a huge grey-area for what is, or is not, considered offensive enough to be worthy of a ban. If you ban one racial slur, should you not ban them all? What about something isn't truly a curse word, but can be used to insult, if I call someone a shrimp, is it not offensive to short people?

TL:DR I don't like banning over something as petty as someone saying a single word and someone else getting upset over it for no real reason.

Nigger, That is all.