david jackel apeal and why saying nigga is bad?

IAmJim

Re: david jackel apeal

Post by IAmJim »

Fire wrote:In my TF2 servers I have slightly different rules than in my CS:S ones. Reason being TF2 is geared towards a younger player base, while CS:S is meant for a more mature player base.
I've seen just as many adult TF2 players as I've seen adult CS:S players, so I don't really understand why the rules are different for your TF2 servers.
Last edited by IAmJim on Tue Feb 26, 2013 7:44 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Breezier

Post by Breezier »

IAmJim wrote:
Fire wrote:In my TF2 servers I have slightly different rules than in my CS:S ones. Reason being TF2 is geared towards a younger player base, while CS:S is meant for a more mature player base.
I've seen just as many adult TF2 players as I've seen adult CS:S players, so I don't really understand why the rules are different for your TF2 servers.
I have to agree with this, besides, TF2 was rated M.
Last edited by Breezier on Tue Feb 26, 2013 7:51 pm, edited 3 times in total.
amishbull wrote:I like basements.
amishbull
Veteran

Post by amishbull »

The N-word is a derogatory and degrading term originally used to refer to black slaves. It is probably the most controversial and taboo word in the English language. A form of the word is used within the black community without a malicious meaning, but the internet is colorblind, and I have no way of telling the race of those using the word. Therefore, it is considered a racist word and is not allowed on the FF2 server. The first usage will get you a warning, further usage will earn you a ban.
Last edited by amishbull on Tue Feb 26, 2013 7:53 pm, edited 2 times in total.
IAmJim

Post by IAmJim »

amishbull wrote:The N-word is a derogatory and degrading term originally used to refer to black slaves. It is probably the most controversial and taboo word in the English language. A form of the word is used within the black community without a malicious meaning, but the internet is colorblind, and I have no way of telling the race of those using the word. Therefore, it is considered a racist word and is not allowed on the FF2 server. The first usage will get you a warning, further usage will earn you a ban.
But you got to know when people are messing around and someone says something like "nigga you cray" that he isn't trying to offend anyone.
and I have no way of telling the race of those using the word.
What does this even matter? If a white person gets banned for using the word any other race should get banned for using the word. What's the point of even throwing that in.
Last edited by IAmJim on Tue Feb 26, 2013 7:57 pm, edited 3 times in total.
amishbull
Veteran

Post by amishbull »

You are correct sir, I will ban anyone who repeatedly uses the word without prejudice.
Last edited by amishbull on Tue Feb 26, 2013 8:00 pm, edited 2 times in total.
david jackal

Post by david jackal »

SURE [NL] wrote:David, we don't hate you (at least, I don't..) but if too much people hate you, we can't use you on the server. That's not all. What will happen if there is no admin in the server?
1. How many people get annoyed (that don't know the mute botton) and leave?
2. How many times do you disrespect other people?
3. Do you use the N word, that we truely want to avoid?
4. You probably will scam somebody, anways..
5. How much are you going to delay the game? Until the full 2 minutes?
6. How much are you going to be AFK, again?
7. Do you still unbind keys from anyone?

So much questions about you, mate...
i already said i would not do those things and if people get annoyed bye my voice then its there problem tbh anyway i promise not to do anything of those above THATS THE TRUTH an if i do anything except annoy people you can ban me and i never used the N word i wonder where that came from?
Last edited by david jackal on Tue Feb 26, 2013 8:01 pm, edited 4 times in total.
The world needs you jak
Jak- lets do this Dax
Dax- ILL HANDLE THIS
Breezier

Post by Breezier »

Nigger is a noun in the English language. The word originated as a neutral term referring to black people, as a variation of the Spanish/Portuguese noun negro, a descendant of the Latin adjective niger ("color black")
Last edited by Breezier on Tue Feb 26, 2013 8:01 pm, edited 2 times in total.
amishbull wrote:I like basements.
Phantom
Veteran

Post by Phantom »

You shouldn't be banning people for saying nigger it's an awesome word. If someone is personally attacking a player and calling them a nigger then yeah you can ban them for disrespecting players. But you shouldn't just ban people who throw the word around casually, if we banned people for saying nigger our community would have a lot less people. The one thing Fire is really big on is freedom of speech so if someone wants to say nigger without trying to directly insult people then it's fine.
Last edited by Phantom on Tue Feb 26, 2013 9:55 pm, edited 2 times in total.
EngiDesu wrote:And I get to see this lovely piece of shit
Tony :3

Post by Tony :3 »

The Counterstrike: Source community is very different than TF2's. On most tf2 servers, Saying nigger will get you kicked or even banned on sight. Unless in a regular pub, then youll see someone say it like 5% of the time. But on CS:S, its completely normal to say it. CS:S has a lot more older people in its community than TF2 does. But since the group allows it in CS:S, I think TF2 should be the same.
Last edited by Tony :3 on Tue Feb 26, 2013 10:15 pm, edited 2 times in total.
david jackal

Re: david jackel apeal and why saying nigga is bad?

Post by david jackal »

i just updated the title of the post
Last edited by david jackal on Tue Feb 26, 2013 10:24 pm, edited 2 times in total.
The world needs you jak
Jak- lets do this Dax
Dax- ILL HANDLE THIS