[Idle Server] Massive Spawn Camping

EngiDesu

[Idle Server] Massive Spawn Camping

Post by EngiDesu »

The following screenshots are going to contain the people who were spawn camping. They were warned many times by myself to stop it or I was going to file a report to do so; however, they failed to do so. So, check the spoiler for all the screenshots and I'll try to attach their Steam IDs to the screenies, in case of them changing their names afterwards.
Spoiler
Grizlee Bear (right) and Rocker69 (left)

Rocker69 (blockading the blue's arena door)

PSS o OsamaSpinLaden numerous spawn camping:

ANALShipment spawncamping with roll:

Mask123 Spawncamping wth Sentry:

[Umad?] Camtheman's only spawncamping: (Along with OsamaSpinLaden)

Grizleebear Spawncamping (caught numerous times, but only managed to get this screenie):

Camtheman: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198065938192
Osama: http://steamcommunity.com/id/yourpimp
Mask123: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198079366940/

The other names I'm unable to trace.
Last edited by EngiDesu on Thu Mar 28, 2013 2:21 am, edited 8 times in total.
Engi Desu ★ Owner of WrenchRekt Server Group ☆ Too Sassy For You
Slashking996

Re: [Idle Server] Massive Spawn Camping

Post by Slashking996 »

I am doing the best i can to assist you guys, but it is difficult taking care of both servers, since all other admins except spicy are not on helping, i am online after school till nearly 3 am so if you need any help send me a message, My username currently is -Slash-
Last edited by Slashking996 on Thu Mar 28, 2013 8:59 pm, edited 2 times in total.
I really wish i knew how to use technology...
Sankoose120

Post by Sankoose120 »

1 second till anal shipment explodes lol but Fire added a different way to get out of the spawn to somewhere else so you dont need to be in the middle. People like to fight in the middle as i have been told but I dont play on that server so you could ask to get it fixed I dont see the problem
Last edited by Sankoose120 on Thu Mar 28, 2013 10:31 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Fire
Owner

Post by Fire »

I'm working on a new version of the map that will solve this in a way I think is fair. Until then there is no spawn camping in middle.
Last edited by Fire on Fri Mar 29, 2013 5:05 am, edited 2 times in total.
ImageImage
SaxAlot

Post by SaxAlot »

Slashking996 wrote:I am doing the best i can to assist you guys, but it is difficult taking care of both servers, since all other admins except spicy are not on helping, i am online after school till nearly 3 am so if you need any help send me a message, My username currently is -Slash-
Don't flatter yourself, sweetheart ;)

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Fire wrote:I'm working on a new version of the map that will solve this in a way I think is fair. Until then there is no spawn camping in middle.
The new map has couple cool things about it (Like the ladders up from on top of the idle tunnel and the teleport to roof) but it's given more access for spawncampers which has made it a bigger problem, i feel like the old version of the map would be fine, with a few adjustments of course :smile: *I don't understand what the admins were complaining about, it wasn't even a big deal to begin with - you had about 3 exits to look after! :eh: #sumtyms#lyf#iz#2#hard.

Suggestions:

I was thinking where there are the 'Team-Specific Barriers', you could add something that blocks projectiles to prevent bombs from being planted/shot in spawn, also extend them to make it harder to position yourself for camping

A 'func_nobuild' in the idler tunnel to stop greedy engineers from camping/teleporting the idlers
http://i.imgur.com/xrfeJD1.png

And one solid invisible wall right through the centre of the "middle" of spawn to prevent spawncamping. :smile:
http://i.imgur.com/8whLNoc.jpg
Last edited by SaxAlot on Fri Mar 29, 2013 1:41 pm, edited 3 times in total.

~SaxAlot~
Slashking996

Post by Slashking996 »

Exactly, only three exits to look after and i have yet to see you do anything to prevent it, playing on the server isn't just about following strict rules or getting the most kills, its about having fun, the newest updates to the map have improved it and now there is literally no one complaining, so next time consider that sax dear.
Last edited by Slashking996 on Sun Mar 31, 2013 2:52 pm, edited 2 times in total.
SaxAlot

Post by SaxAlot »

Slashking996 wrote:Exactly, only three exits to look after and i have yet to see you do anything to prevent it, playing on the server isn't just about following strict rules or getting the most kills, its about having fun, the newest updates to the map have improved it and now there is literally no one complaining, so next time consider that sax dear.
That was a pointless reply. The second part didn't even make sense or even relate to what i said. :wave:
Saying the same thing as always :roll:
Last edited by SaxAlot on Mon Apr 01, 2013 12:37 am, edited 4 times in total.

~SaxAlot~
Slashking996

Post by Slashking996 »

it was proving my point 1st off and 2nd good job quoting the whole reply ^.~