Banned for Spy Trick Referred as 'QuickSwitching'

Major

Banned for Spy Trick Referred as 'QuickSwitching'

Post by Major »

I was banned for using a SaxtonHale Strategy referred to as "QuickSwitching" or "QuickStab".

This technique is a strategy for Spy class in order to get Backstabs quicker and easier.
Usually when backstabbing, the Spy remains unable to stab again until a very few seconds later, but this technique allows you to bypass these few seconds by switching quickly over from Knife to Sapper/Primary and again to Knife to preform a 2nd quick backstab in only a second

The Admin had no knowledge over this technique and found it to be very surprising to him and convinced him it was Speed-Hacking.

I was banned from: -[DISC-FF.com]- |24/7 Freak Fortress #1| [Amp/Crits/RTD]
Steam Nickname: Mαjσr
SteamID: STEAM_0:0:47476793
Banned by Admin: AmishBull

More Details can be found here: http://disc-ff.com/sourcebanstf2/index. ... pe=steamid

Evidence of Technique is located on this Website: http://wiki.teamfortress.com/wiki/Commu ... e_strategy
Under: Spy > Melee
Description:If you manage to successfully backstab Saxton, a Razorback effect will be applied and you will be unable to stab for two seconds, and a notification of the backstab will show up on both your screen and Saxton's. In order to stab Hale quicker, immediately after stabbing him, double tap the quickswitch key, which will switch to your Revolver and back to your knife, reducing the stab time to one stab per second.

Demonstration by Admin '-[FF]- goinundercover' Below

If Video Fails to play: http://youtu.be/fhiRVPP1CYw
Please Read Video's Description for more Proof
Last edited by Major on Fri Jun 21, 2013 9:54 am, edited 4 times in total.
goinundercover
Veteran

Re: Banned for Spy Trick Referred as 'QuickSwitching'

Post by goinundercover »

Legitimate Strategy. I recorded the demo and recorded it via Bandicam and UL to youtube for ease of watching.
Last edited by goinundercover on Fri Jun 21, 2013 10:02 am, edited 2 times in total.
Retired.
Dubstab
Veteran

Post by Dubstab »

Yeah, we as admins have had it about this problem. I think we need to talk with eachother if this is even a permissible method.

EDIT:
Better link about your details: http://disc-ff.com/sourcebanstf2/index. ... pe=steamid
Last edited by Dubstab on Fri Jun 21, 2013 3:52 pm, edited 2 times in total.
DutchKitty
Veteran

Post by DutchKitty »

sounds like you got banned because mr amish either cant quickswitch or hes a butthurt baddy
Last edited by DutchKitty on Fri Jun 21, 2013 4:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SpicyCandy
Forum Mod

Post by SpicyCandy »

DutchKitty wrote:sounds like you got banned because mr amish either cant quickswitch or hes a butthurt baddy
He probably doesn't know the method, so cut him some slack. Quick switching is aiite, it's just another technique imo. Either way thanks for bringing this to attention man. And if really is cheap, There is a way to remove it.
Last edited by SpicyCandy on Fri Jun 21, 2013 4:49 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Major

Post by Major »

This technique is legitimate, I've seen this Spy Trick preformed by several people, especially on that FreakFortress server.

Admins should always study the player carefully first before executing a ban on them.

Amish was hale at the time and he saw me backstab twice while he was taunting, sadly i couldn't explain myself to him since BLU can't read RED chat..

Me: *Backstab* *Backstab*
Amish: "Woah I saw that!" "I'm watching you Mr. Major!" "Where did he go?!"
Me: *Explains on chat*
-Round Ends-
Me: *Permanently Banned* Reason: Speed-Hacking

I shouldn't be banned.
If this has been a problem to servers in the past, why not just remove the ability to preform Quickstabs?
Last edited by Major on Fri Jun 21, 2013 8:53 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Major

Post by Major »

May any Admin please tell me how I could remove my PermaBan?
Last edited by Major on Fri Jun 21, 2013 11:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
amishbull
Veteran

Post by amishbull »

No, this hasn't been a problem in the past, in fact you're the 1st one I've ever seen do it.

You want to quote what some guy wrote on Wiki? Well, here's one for you:
Upon a successful backstab, both the Spy and the boss are alerted, and a Razorback effect is applied to the Spy, disabling attack for two seconds.
http://wiki.teamfortress.com/wiki/VS_Saxton_Hale_Mode

If all the spies were to use this "technique", especially when the boss is stuck in an ubered medic, how many bosses do you think would have a chance?

Let's do the math with just 1 spy. 12 seconds of uber / 1 back stab per sec = 12 back stabs = 120% of bosses health = 1 dead boss

I don't think that's the way the developers intended for FF2 to be played, but I could be wrong, so I've asked the experts for their opinions.

Since you thought this was a legitimate tactic, I've unbanned you, but until I hear back from the guys who make FF2, I don't want to see you, or anyone else, using this "technique".

Thanks, Amishbull
Last edited by amishbull on Sat Jun 22, 2013 12:14 am, edited 2 times in total.
Fire
Owner

Post by Fire »

Yea I don't like this either. It isn't a "technique" it's a exploit of the mod itself. I will try and patch this when I can, until then don't do it.
Last edited by Fire on Sat Jun 22, 2013 12:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImage
Major

Post by Major »

amishbull wrote:No, this hasn't been a problem in the past, in fact you're the 1st one I've ever seen do it.

You want to quote what some guy wrote on Wiki? Well, here's one for you:
Upon a successful backstab, both the Spy and the boss are alerted, and a Razorback effect is applied to the Spy, disabling attack for two seconds.
http://wiki.teamfortress.com/wiki/VS_Saxton_Hale_Mode

If all the spies were to use this "technique", especially when the boss is stuck in an ubered medic, how many bosses do you think would have a chance?

Let's do the math with just 1 spy. 12 seconds of uber / 1 back stab per sec = 12 back stabs = 120% of bosses health = 1 dead boss

I don't think that's the way the developers intended for FF2 to be played, but I could be wrong, so I've asked the experts for their opinions.

Since you thought this was a legitimate tactic, I've unbanned you, but until I hear back from the guys who make FF2, I don't want to see you, or anyone else, using this "technique".

Thanks, Amishbull
Thank You Amishbull,

I was very unaware of how this technique played out now that I've seen it from your point of view.
I won't use it anymore, but please let me know what the creators of FF2 have to say about this technique.
I have learned tactics from other players for months now, and so that's how I knew about this little trick.

I honestly am telling you that I am not a SpeedHacker or Hacker of any sort, never have been.

Throughout my months of playing on that server I've encountered several glitches, many
in which could get players banned by these accidental glitches.

If you want me to inform you on some of these glitches that I personally think will get someone banned, contact me.
Last edited by Major on Sat Jun 22, 2013 12:38 am, edited 2 times in total.