Idle Etiquette and "+attack"

J!ngo!st!c

Idle Etiquette and "+attack"

Post by J!ngo!st!c »

Please forgive me if this isn't in the correct sub forum.

Tonight an admin, I'm sorry I don't remember which admin it was, kept teleporting me to the skybox. My class was pyro, I was idle, and I was leveling my strange flamethrower by using "+attack", "+left", and "+forward." Whenever I'd come back to my computer I found myself in the skybox. I noticed another player in chat say that I was "kill stealing." I questioned this and said I was just trying to level my strange flamethrower and that I have been doing this for quite some time. Indeed, many people do this. I've never seen anyone being accused of "kill stealing" or admins teleporting/killing players because of it. In fact many engineers build sentries on the bridge and blast the idlers as they come out of the tunnel before anyone else has a chance to kill them...I've heard more than one admin say it was OK as long as they had a strange wrench. Likewise demos will lay sticky bombs near the idler exit and blow nearly every idler who comes through and that's OK too as long as they have a strange sticky bomb launcher. When I am moving through the idler tunnel I'm not killing every idler. Many of the idlers I do hit are simply lit on fire and then another player shoots them for a kill assist.

Considering I'm moving freely through the idler tunnel and not attacking every idler who passes through I don't see what the problem is.
Last edited by J!ngo!st!c on Wed Jul 17, 2013 3:31 am, edited 2 times in total.
Sleezypro

Re: Idle Etiquette and "+attack"

Post by Sleezypro »

Seems like a dick move not to let u get kills when the turret are taking every kill. Douchy admin please stop doing the tele shit.
Last edited by Sleezypro on Wed Jul 17, 2013 3:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
Billowz

Post by Billowz »

I was told by Fire himself I could teleport spinning idlers. I teleport everyone out of there. Considering that when there is more then one pryo/heavy, they are almost dead by the time idlers come out of the Idle Tunnel. If it's that much a problem, then by all means I will stop.

Also, Sleezy. You dont know who I am, you have no right calling me "douchy"
Last edited by Billowz on Wed Jul 17, 2013 5:59 am, edited 2 times in total.
:( UnhappyCamper ):

Post by :( UnhappyCamper ): »

griping about getting teleported while idling is about as pointless as griping about getting killed while idling. you idle, you get what you get.
Last edited by :( UnhappyCamper ): on Wed Jul 17, 2013 4:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sankoose120

Post by Sankoose120 »

:( UnhappyCamper ): wrote:griping about getting teleported while idling is about as pointless as griping about getting killed while idling. you idle, you get what you get.
You idle to get items, level up items etc. but getting teleported to somewhere by yourself is just a waste of time as you are getting nothing out of your game being open
Last edited by Sankoose120 on Wed Jul 17, 2013 5:14 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Billowz

Post by Billowz »

You have roughly 10 hours to get how ever many items you can get within that 10 hours. Regardless what you are doing doesnt effect your how many items or the type of items you get. Being that J!ngo only levels his Flamethrower when he is idle spinning, it's kinda of hard to level up a item when it already has almost 60k kills on it.
Last edited by Billowz on Wed Jul 17, 2013 6:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sleezypro

Post by Sleezypro »

:( UnhappyCamper ): wrote:griping about getting teleported while idling is about as pointless as griping about getting killed while idling. you idle, you get what you get.
That's like getting kicked for idleing in a idle server. Admin please stop. The point of the server is to idle an get points for ur unusual without having to play or to idle and die, if you are unsatisfied because u are not getting enough kills with ur unusual while ur idleing lol, then go fucking play a real match. Don't tele him when is trying to level his shit when turrets are doing the same thing.
Last edited by Sleezypro on Wed Jul 17, 2013 6:06 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Sankoose120

Post by Sankoose120 »

Its an idle server ye engis shouldn't be able to build in the tunnel but then shouldnt you tele the demomen etc for killing them as soon as they leave the tunnel
Last edited by Sankoose120 on Wed Jul 17, 2013 6:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

J!ngo!st!c

Post by J!ngo!st!c »

Billowz wrote:You have roughly 10 hours to get how ever many items you can get within that 10 hours. Regardless what you are doing doesnt effect your how many items or the type of items you get. Being that J!ngo only levels his Flamethrower when he is idle spinning, it's kinda of hard to level up a item when it already has almost 60k kills on it.
What difference does it make how many kills are on my weapon? There shouldn't be any prerequisites for being allowed to add kills to your strange. I'm trying to get as many as I can.
Last edited by J!ngo!st!c on Wed Jul 17, 2013 6:30 pm, edited 3 times in total.
J!ngo!st!c

Post by J!ngo!st!c »

Billowz wrote:I was told by Fire himself I could teleport spinning idlers. I teleport everyone out of there. Considering that when there is more then one pryo/heavy, they are almost dead by the time idlers come out of the Idle Tunnel. If it's that much a problem, then by all means I will stop.
This isn't a snarky question but I'm honestly curious...do you not see a difference between what I do and a couple engineers building sentries over the idler bridge? An engineer can monopolize kills to a level I never could by spinning through the tunnels. I think it's unfair to single out someone spinning through the tunnels while others are free to wipe out idlers en masse.

You say you'll stop "if it's that much a problem"...well, the problem isn't insignificant..it takes away my whole purpose of being idle on the server. I'd appreciate if if you would, thank you.
Last edited by J!ngo!st!c on Wed Jul 17, 2013 6:31 pm, edited 2 times in total.