Idle Etiquette and "+attack"

DemiGreyPup

Re: Idle Etiquette and "+attack"

Post by DemiGreyPup »

You went Full Retard buddy this isnt a good enough reason, and if billowz gets demoted because of this i will get rich by using this as a joke
Last edited by DemiGreyPup on Wed Jul 17, 2013 6:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DemiGreyPup

Post by DemiGreyPup »

This isn't a snarky question but I'm honestly curious...do you not see a difference between what I do and a couple engineers building sentries over the idler bridge? An engineer can monopolize kills to a level I never could by spinning through the tunnels. I think it's unfair to single out someone spinning through the tunnels while others are free to wipe out idlers en masse.

You say you'll stop "if it's that much a problem"...well, the problem isn't insignificant..it takes away my whole purpose of being idle on the server. I'd appreciate if if you would, thank you.
Uh all of us except you and a few (all) kids know that killing and dieing doesnt affect the drop system, and getting kills with a strange (not a unusual) is of least concern of anything in a video game much as this one, all it is is a normal weapon skin that tracks kills,they are worth plenty, and to rub more into the scene a spinning pyro causes more trouble then you might imagine, you barely get anything from this, and you are using this unofficial threat just because you dont like it, Talk about selfish, Child. this could be better but this is what you made it to be. this is how you took it. if you have a problem with it go to a new idling server and save yourself time, friend's, and ego.
Last edited by DemiGreyPup on Wed Jul 17, 2013 6:44 pm, edited 3 times in total.
:( UnhappyCamper ):

Post by :( UnhappyCamper ): »

I don't have a problem with you getting idle kills, but there is a pecking order, even in an idle server. Your idle kills are a nice bonus but not a guarantee. The desires on a server go first to active players. The admin that tele'd you was active, not idling, therefore his desires trump yours. if someone killed you every round before you had a chance to kill anybody, you'd still come back to the keyboard with no kills. his teleporting you was just more effective for him.

as it is, the idle servers are almost always clogged with a wait. if i was an admin, i'd autoboot anybody thats been idling 12+ hours anyway. but that's just me.
Last edited by :( UnhappyCamper ): on Wed Jul 17, 2013 7:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

J!ngo!st!c wrote:
Billowz wrote:This isn't a snarky question but I'm honestly curious...do you not see a difference between what I do and a couple engineers building sentries over the idler bridge? An engineer can monopolize kills to a level I never could by spinning through the tunnels. I think it's unfair to single out someone spinning through the tunnels while others are free to wipe out idlers en masse.

yes, but you'r griping about getting teleported is like an engineer griping about his sentry getting destroyed while he was away.
Last edited by :( UnhappyCamper ): on Wed Jul 17, 2013 7:13 pm, edited 2 times in total.
SpicyCandy
Forum Mod

Post by SpicyCandy »

Billowz, man, there is nothing wrong with spinning idlers getting some kills. Plenty of people do it and there's not rules against it. Fire may have allowed you, but there are no rules against it so just leave them be.

Jingo, if billowz is teleporting you up there, it's probably due to the fact that other peeps want kills. I've honestly never seen this tactic used before, but he is an admin and he probably is doing it for a good, if not decent reason.
Last edited by SpicyCandy on Fri Jul 19, 2013 12:52 pm, edited 2 times in total.

well of course there's nothing wrong with it. if the admin REALLY had an issue with it, he would've most likely kicked him. most likely the admin was just screwing with him a bit. probably with everyone in general. is it being a bit of an asshole? probably. is it worth coming in here and bitching about? i dont think so. but then i think there are a lot of whiners on the idle servers too.

case in point yesterday one guy was camping the front door on idle. he was a shitty player and he was hardly dominating even camping. but a lot of "quit spawncamping!" and warnings going on. it was easier to me to just run out the side door and pop him in the ass than to gripe about it. theres only half a dozen exits in Idle yet the children act so put out when they cant get out the door they want. real life is going to kick them in the ass some day.
Last edited by :( UnhappyCamper ): on Fri Jul 19, 2013 2:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SaxAlot

Post by SaxAlot »

J!ngo!st!c wrote: This isn't a snarky question but I'm honestly curious...do you not see a difference between what I do and a couple engineers building sentries over the idler bridge? An engineer can monopolize kills to a level I never could by spinning through the tunnels. I think it's unfair to single out someone spinning through the tunnels while others are free to wipe out idlers en masse.
Engineers do get a lot of kills, but how long does that last? Maybe like 15-20 minutes max? They're constantly getting attacked by the opposing team and almost always give up after about 3 rebuilds. You, however, are AFK. You don't give up because you are a 'bot', you're effortlessly and constantly, spinning and shooting fire for days at a time. If an engineer were to go afk, their building would be gone in about 2 minutes. Your flamethrower is 'Hale's Own' and has almost 60k kills on it.. I think you're being a bit selfish :? And you're trying to make an excuse and cover it up by exaggerating the kills of an engie.
:( UnhappyCamper ): wrote:case in point yesterday one guy was camping the front door on idle. he was a shitty player and he was hardly dominating even camping. but a lot of "quit spawncamping!" and warnings going on. it was easier to me to just run out the side door and pop him in the ass than to gripe about it. theres only half a dozen exits in Idle yet the children act so put out when they cant get out the door they want. real life is going to kick them in the ass some day.
I know what you mean.. I've had people whine about this while i sit there thinking *Surely at any moment one of them are gonna find one of the other 5 or so exits and use it*. But no, they will tell me that i'm not doing my job and continue to expect some incredible punishment upon this one, f2p, gibus scout. I think they've been babied too much.. :problem:
Last edited by SaxAlot on Fri Jul 19, 2013 3:54 pm, edited 4 times in total.

~SaxAlot~
Billowz

Post by Billowz »

No one is breaking rules here. I'm just trying to make it fair for the people ACTUALLY active. I'm sorry for actually caring about coming on and putting a little effort into their stranges or even killing/damage achievements. I'm not going to kick any of the idle spinners, mainly it wouldn't be fair to the idler and it would be abusing my admin ship. I understand there is no rules against idle spinning, but there's also no rules saying I can't make it fair for the active people.

With all of this being said from everyone. I would like to apologize to everyone for caring about the active people that come on and try to have fun, level stranges, and whatever they might do on the server. I don't feel like I should have to apologize. I try to create a stress and grief free server while I am online. I didn't think that teleporting a handful of AFK'ers would cause such a uproar of butthurt.
Last edited by Billowz on Fri Jul 19, 2013 8:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Minnesota

Post by Minnesota »

Billowz wrote:No one is breaking rules here. I'm just trying to make it fair for the people ACTUALLY active. I'm sorry for actually caring about coming on and putting a little effort into their stranges or even killing/damage achievements. I'm not going to kick any of the idle spinners, mainly it wouldn't be fair to the idler and it would be abusing my admin ship. I understand there is no rules against idle spinning, but there's also no rules saying I can't make it fair for the active people.

With all of this being said from everyone. I would like to apologize to everyone for caring about the active people that come on and try to have fun, level stranges, and whatever they might do on the server. I don't feel like I should have to apologize. I try to create a stress and grief free server while I am online. I didn't think that teleporting a handful of AFK'ers would cause such a uproar of butthurt.
It is an "idle" server is it not? Not an "active" server.
Last edited by Minnesota on Fri Jul 19, 2013 9:52 pm, edited 2 times in total.

yes, it is. you are welcome to idle there. at what point was a right to idle denied? it is an idle server, but you still get what you put in. i hope your real proud of your Hale's Own weapon. leaving your computer on for a really long time is quite an achievement!

ironic that if you were there, you could have told the admin to leave you alone.

i'll be back later. i'm going to scour google images for a picture of the world's smallest violin.
Last edited by :( UnhappyCamper ): on Fri Jul 19, 2013 11:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.