Admin being unfair/abuse

thestonecomputers

Admin being unfair/abuse

Post by thestonecomputers »

I was on a the FF Freaky fortress server and Fire came in to give away hats but then he gave all the hats to this Admin (I think going under cover) to give away. He asked a question wich I answerd right but then said after I posted (THE RIGHT ANSWER) that it needed to be spelled right and gave it to another guy who googled it... I POSTED THE RIGHT ANSWER AND HE SINGLED ME OUT TO MAKE SURE I DID NOT GET THE PRIZE... If someone has a hard time spelling they probably dont know if it is spelled wrong and I think all I did was add an extra "s" nothing big... this is not exceptible and even though I have played on this server every day for the last 6+ months I will not be back. I feel like I was shunned and made fun of by the admin for my lack of grammer... i didnt want to post this here, but I can not send Fire a PM since he is not on my friends list... if you look at my playtime on these servers I have logged in more then 40 hours a week and was going to apply for admin, but this has made my so embarresed I feel like I can not go back. The answer to the question was "Frount side buss" thats how I spelled it anyway, its not like he couldnt tell what I was typing... TF2 does not have a spell check and making people close their TF2 to google answers is not the right answer either...
Last edited by thestonecomputers on Tue Aug 20, 2013 8:41 am, edited 2 times in total.
Phantom
Veteran

Re: Admin being unfair/abuse

Post by Phantom »

Well Fire is the owner of the entire community and if he's the one giving out items then he's the one that makes the rules for the item giveaway. I wouldn't really expect any sort of compensation.

Also you don't have to close TF2 to google anything, the steam overlay has a built in web browser.
Last edited by Phantom on Tue Aug 20, 2013 9:19 am, edited 2 times in total.
EngiDesu wrote:And I get to see this lovely piece of shit
Hipster_Trip

Post by Hipster_Trip »

This isn't unfair or abuse. Don't know why you are bothered to make an account just to post about something that isn't that big of a deal. What do you want? A hat that is worth 1.00, which is something you can easily trade for? Undercover did what he was told. Don't understand why you are so butt angered over a hat.
Last edited by Hipster_Trip on Tue Aug 20, 2013 9:41 am, edited 4 times in total.
Crazy

Post by Crazy »

Oh TF2 why did you have to turn into Hat Fortress 2? Even in competitive servers I see "selling hat trade me".
Last edited by Crazy on Tue Aug 20, 2013 11:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
thestonecomputers

Post by thestonecomputers »

I guess you guys don't get what I was mad about... I do not want any hat. I am mad about being singled out because of my shortcomings. I did say this was not something I wanted to post here, and I made this account over a month ago when I wanted to run for admin myself...
As I am getting no compassion for my being candied about embarrassment, I guess it is all well that I move on from the DISC/FF servers if this is the kind of people/replies I get.
Last edited by thestonecomputers on Tue Aug 20, 2013 1:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Phantom
Veteran

Post by Phantom »

thestonecomputers wrote:I am mad about being singled out because of my shortcomings.
Well I don't think you were singled out, I'm pretty sure if some other guy typed in the correct answer with incorrect spelling like you did Fire would have done the same thing.
Last edited by Phantom on Tue Aug 20, 2013 1:40 pm, edited 2 times in total.
EngiDesu wrote:And I get to see this lovely piece of shit
Apathy
Veteran

Post by Apathy »

It ain't personal, it's just business.
Last edited by Apathy on Tue Aug 20, 2013 1:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
iPhone 6

Post by iPhone 6 »

thestonecomputers wrote:I guess you guys don't get what I was mad about... I do not want any hat. I am mad about being singled out because of my shortcomings. I did say this was not something I wanted to post here, and I made this account over a month ago when I wanted to run for admin myself...
As I am getting no compassion for my being candied about embarrassment, I guess it is all well that I move on from the DISC/FF servers if this is the kind of people/replies I get.
How about you learn to spell lol sounds like a personal problem
Last edited by iPhone 6 on Tue Aug 20, 2013 4:34 pm, edited 2 times in total.
:( UnhappyCamper ):

Post by :( UnhappyCamper ): »

this could be a life lesson for you kid, and I am willing to bet you are a kid.

1. The fact that you are on their server is a privilege, not a right. You aren't owed anything and should be grateful to even be able to get on the server.

2. You singled yourself out by competing. All that they did was tell you why you were wrong. Your getting upset is like a kid going to claim a lottery ticket prize and then getting mad and embarassed because they pointed out that you have to be able to be 18+ to claim the prize.

3. It doesn't matter if they could tell what you meant. If they want the answer spelled correctly, that's their perogative.

4. It is a good idea to work on your spelling and to spell check in general. You can be a boy genius, but if you cannot spell and use grammar properly, you come off as looking ignorant.

5. And don't be embarassed about having trouble spelling. It doesn't come as naturally to some, and many people struggle with it. If you do want to work on it, try reading more and especially books with a high reading level. When you get familiar with seeing more words in print, it will often help you remember as you write.
Last edited by :( UnhappyCamper ): on Tue Aug 20, 2013 7:31 pm, edited 3 times in total.
DutchKitty
Veteran

Post by DutchKitty »

THIS IS FUCKING CLASSIC.
Last edited by DutchKitty on Tue Aug 20, 2013 9:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.