Dubstab *sigh*

Procrastinator Cubed

Dubstab *sigh*

Post by Procrastinator Cubed »

So earlier, I was playing on the Trollrun Death Run map. I decided it would be funny to put my mouth close to my mic and start talking. Obviously, this annoyed most of the people on the server from what I saw in chat. I did this, and a bit of a fapping noise, for a little under 4 minutes tops. A few games afterwards, we went onto another map called Wolfenstein. I was AFK when I downloaded the map, and in that time, Dubstab had joined the game. I got back to my computer and typed '!motd' in chat to get on a team and enter the next round, After the round that I had joined on was over, I said 'GG'. Immediately http://i.imgur.com/a74bvpw.jpg?1 Bam! 2 days mute for 5 minutes of a bit of spam in the mic that he (Dubstab) wasn't even there for. No warnings, no kicks, no small mute - nothing. He claims he got 2 reports of me micspamming, and so he came on the server and immediately muted me. I know what I did was a bit out of line, but admins have rules to follow too. Skumpy, one of the new admins on the DR sever, said that at least 2 warnings should be applied before an extended mute. Prof. Pain, who is a regular on the server and saw me get muted, even said, "2880 minutes is too much" http://i.imgur.com/JxL97K8.jpg?1

What I would like to achieve with this complaint (either of these):
1. Get my mute removed
2. Get my mute shortened

Do with this information as you please. Bye.
Last edited by Procrastinator Cubed on Sun Sep 08, 2013 4:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dick_McSlick

Re: Dubstab *sigh*

Post by Dick_McSlick »

A few questions:

1) Was there an admin present when you were spamming?

2) If Dubstab was called into the server by another player even after the spam, a mute is needed.

2280 minutes is too long, yes. I usually just mute the player for a small amount of time, tell them to stop, unmute, repeat until it leads up to a perm mute. Spamming is still wrong, shouldn't have done it in the first place. Just my 2 cents.
Last edited by Dick_McSlick on Sun Sep 08, 2013 4:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Someday I'll drive, close both my eyes. We'll swim in circles in the blue lights, it's gonna be the best day of my life
Need to contact me? Click the GIF below :3.

Dubstab
Veteran

Post by Dubstab »

Has been muted several times, I do not think I should give a player a warning, which does understand the rules, but does ignore them. I have had 2 complaints about him, from very trusted regulars.

Also I would say that you are a bad example for the other players. Mainly you are trying to avoid the rules, at the highest point. You are working me on my nerves. I do not like you at all, because I get reports about you pretty often. One problem: You report everything, so you can (like I said) avoid our rules and go ahead doing it.

Like I mainly do: I do not give names, only if a Owner/TopAdmin asks for it.
Last edited by Dubstab on Sun Sep 08, 2013 5:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Faiithe
Veteran

Post by Faiithe »

Here's my two cents:

Admins can punish rule breakers as they see fit. Sure thinks you deserve two days, then you deserve two days of silence. Players think that they can mic spam without admins on and not get reported by a concerned player. When you got to the point when players complained about you, then you kind of deserved the punishment. You knew mic spamming isn't allowed and yet you did it anyway. You're saying that the mute is too much, you should ask the people that you pissed off if it's too much.

Bottom line: You deserve it. Stop complaining, two days isn't a life time and you deserve it.

Has been muted several times, I do not think I should give a player a warning, which does understand the rules, but does ignore them. I have had 2 complaints about him, from very trusted regulars.

Also I would say that you are a bad example for the other players. Mainly you are trying to avoid the rules, at the highest point. You are working me on my nerves. I do not like you at all, because I get reports about you pretty often. One problem: You report everything, so you can (like I said) avoid our rules and go ahead doing it.

Like I mainly do: I do not give names, only if a Owner/TopAdmin asks for it.
Oh wow, if he's done this regularly, I would suggest a perma mute...
Last edited by Faiithe on Sun Sep 08, 2013 5:28 pm, edited 3 times in total.
goinundercover
Veteran

Post by goinundercover »

You know the rules, and decided to micspam anyway. Hell, you've even applied for admin before and yet you still do this. As seen in Sure's post, if this is actually a repeated offense, I'm kind of surprised that it's only two days.
Last edited by goinundercover on Sun Sep 08, 2013 6:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Retired.
Phantom
Veteran

Post by Phantom »

"GUISE I WAS MIC SPAMMING THEN AN ADMIN MUTED ME :[[[[[ THIS ADMIN IS SO HORRIBLE I WAS JUST BEING AN ANNOYING FAGGOT WAHHH WHY AM I MUTED WAHHHHH"

Holy shit you're fucking retarded, no one would give a shit if he perma silenced you. Thread locked.
Last edited by Phantom on Sun Sep 08, 2013 6:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
EngiDesu wrote:And I get to see this lovely piece of shit