Idle rulebreakers.

IAmJim

Re: Idle rulebreakers.

Post by IAmJim »

an invisible wall that stops bullets and projectiles and bam, no more problems with ramp
Last edited by IAmJim on Sat Sep 21, 2013 2:45 pm, edited 2 times in total.
SpicyCandy
Forum Mod

Post by SpicyCandy »

IAmJim wrote:Image
an invisible wall that stops bullets and projectiles and bam, no more problems with ramp
It's a great idea, but tbh, a minority of the players are making a large over-exaggeration about this particular "sniping" problem. It's not a huge issue.
Last edited by SpicyCandy on Sun Sep 22, 2013 1:14 am, edited 2 times in total.
IAmJim

Post by IAmJim »

SpicyCandy wrote:
IAmJim wrote:snip
It's a great idea, but tbh, a minority of the players are making a large over-exaggeration about this particular "sniping" problem. It's not a huge issue.
they dont make it seem like it's no huge issue
Last edited by IAmJim on Sun Sep 22, 2013 11:44 am, edited 2 times in total.
Silencer1223

Post by Silencer1223 »

SpicyCandy wrote:
IAmJim wrote:Image
Well it's still a violation of the rules and still causes issues, no matter how "big or small". Also, it can annoying as hell when you're retreating into your base on low health and suddenly get sniped from up there, or when your exiting the base with a class such as scout or spy and suddenly get sniped.
Last edited by Silencer1223 on Sun Sep 22, 2013 2:28 pm, edited 2 times in total.
:( UnhappyCamper ):

Post by :( UnhappyCamper ): »

Isnt the basic point of the game to kill each other?

yes it's a pain in the ass getting sniped coming in or out of spawn. It is a pain in the ass getting sniped period, expecting it or not. It's also a pain in the ass getting backstabbed from a spy. Outlaw them little bastards too!

i still hear it being said it's a violation of the rules, but is it listed in writing on the server?

and a glass wall would do the trick if it is an issue. if it's not an issue then why bother with a rule.i think it's more of a rule nazi problem than a sniper domination problem myself, but that's just my 2 peso opinion.
Last edited by :( UnhappyCamper ): on Mon Sep 23, 2013 11:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
IAmJim

Post by IAmJim »

:( UnhappyCamper ): wrote:
and a glass wall would do the trick if it is an issue. if it's not an issue then why bother with a rule.i think it's more of a rule nazi problem than a sniper domination problem myself, but that's just my 2 peso opinion.
a glass wall isnt even necessary, you can make a textureless wall that lets people pass through and stop bullets and projectiles
Last edited by IAmJim on Tue Sep 24, 2013 1:09 am, edited 2 times in total.
:( UnhappyCamper ):

Post by :( UnhappyCamper ): »

i just figured if there wasn't glass visible, our third world players would fear some kind of bad hoodoo going on and leave.
Last edited by :( UnhappyCamper ): on Tue Sep 24, 2013 3:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
Silencer1223

Post by Silencer1223 »

:( UnhappyCamper ): wrote:Isnt the basic point of the game to kill each other?

yes it's a pain in the ass getting sniped coming in or out of spawn. It is a pain in the ass getting sniped period, expecting it or not. It's also a pain in the ass getting backstabbed from a spy. Outlaw them little bastards too!
That's so much different. A sniper on the surf will be mainly aiming at the EXIT. That's why their sniping up there. To give them an advantage and get closer to the enemy base. It's an unfair advantage too, considering you won't be able to get up there without surfing across while the waiting sniper prepares to kill you. I have no problem with getting sniped or backstabbed, but do have a problem when it's from up there.
i still hear it being said it's a violation of the rules, but is it listed in writing on the server?
It's not, but it should be since people are frequently banned/kicked/teleported by admins for doing so. You can't just say just because it isn't listed, doesn't mean it's not a violation. Most admins have already expressed their disapproval of it. Is that not enough?