Makar Admin Abuse

Serena
Veteran

Re: Makar Admin Abuse

Post by Serena »

Jasmine wrote:Makar is not admin on PH Engi.
" and these servers have a higher traffic flow"
"That's what you're suppose to do"
^This is just downtalk and "your" server is not better or harder or more prestigious to be admin on. We all have different problems on "our" servers.
You are not a higher admin than anyone, neither am I. We are all on the same level and chosen on the same terms. If you dont think someone is a good admin, either trust Spicy and Fire's judgement in why he/she is still there or talk to them about it. Other than that, what really is the point coming to this thread and beating down on someones personality?
You are the one calling names and beating down on people in this thread in my eyes.
Telling me that I need to "seek help" and to refer to the other "children" he had gagged and muted is no better than name calling. it's passive aggression and he constantly has that type of attitude towards people he is not friends with. I've never seen any other admin, including you, calling people idiots and what not to somehow assert your higher power. Makar is the only admin I have seen do this.
Last edited by Serena on Sun Jun 22, 2014 2:11 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Serena
Veteran

Post by Serena »

Jasmine wrote:But you have been warned ceveral times even if no punishment were implented. I am one of the ones that have been warning you.
As I had said to Faiithe, I have not been on a server you admin on, nonetheless a server with you at all RECENTLY. I admit I do have a loud voice, I am annoying but it is my way of having fun because my humor is ironic. I have been laying off the mic and mostly sticking to the chat when I talk to people, considering more than half the time I'm skyping with the people I'm friends with in the server. This original post is about Makar gagging and muting me not for being loud and obnoxious, but for STATING AND OPINION ON SOMETHING THAT WAS ALREADY BEING DISCUSSED.

The argument you and Faiithe are posting seems to be very bias considering neither of you are very fond of me and seem to be friends with Makar.
Last edited by Serena on Sun Jun 22, 2014 2:18 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Hat in a Cat

Post by Hat in a Cat »

While it is not my place to be a part of this discussion, as it is not Faiithe's, Jasmine's, or anyone else's place to take part in an abuse report that does not concern them, I'd like point out that there is a lack of evidence in this post.

It is possible that Makar's gag / mute was justified, but it is hard to tell because there are no logs as to what was said to bring on the gag, if it was aggressive or disrespectful enough to warrant one. Personally, I believe gagging or muting people simply because they are disagreeing with you is despicable behavior, but if it was disrupting the server and they refused to stop arguing, then yes, it's entirely within the rules to do so.

Condescending attitudes never do well for admins, and it is best to try and be patient with players; however, I don't know if this can really be classified as actual abuse of admin.
Last edited by Hat in a Cat on Sun Jun 22, 2014 3:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
West

Post by West »

May I just provide a reminder to people to stay on topic and keep the forum drama down, we've experienced a lot of that recently and it would be very helpful if we could avoid it. If there is something unrelated to the main topic of this discussion, then either keep it to yourself or bring it up somewhere else. While some of you here may be angry at others for their decisions and how they act, unless you answer thoughtfully and carefully then your response may only generate negative feelings and produce even more drama. Keep this sub-forum clean and make sure that your answers are educated and thought through before posting.
Last edited by West on Sun Jun 22, 2014 4:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImage
Serena
Veteran

Post by Serena »

AKA, constantly bringing up that I am loud and obnoxious has nothing to do with the topic.
Last edited by Serena on Sun Jun 22, 2014 4:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Vessy

Post by Vessy »

Everyone. It was only 30 minutes. That's not long at all. Maybe if he was doing it over and over and over to a certain group of people you could call it "abuse," but to gag/mute a few people for having unnecessary, chat-flooding conversations about how taunts mean everything in the world to them because they are "fun," then there is no "abuse" here. Seriously. 30 minutes. It's gone now. Those 30 minutes have passed. End of story.
Last edited by Vessy on Sun Jun 22, 2014 4:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Serena
Veteran

Post by Serena »

Once again, the point is NOT that it was a 30 minute gag/mute. The point is that I was gagged and muted WRONGLY. I am allowed to state an opinion without an admin acting condescending and rude to the regular players.
Last edited by Serena on Sun Jun 22, 2014 5:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Stephano

Post by Stephano »

Hi, I would like to second what karly was saying. Around the same time, I was doing a bit of admin disrespect (Just joking around) against Makar, I was permanantly banned the first time I did it, no warning, nor kick. Just the ban. I believe that this is a very extreme punishment for the situation that was at hand, I do not know if this is full admin abuse, but I do believe this is the wrong way to punish someone for something that normally would be punishable by a kick, or a 10 minute ban.
Last edited by Stephano on Sun Jun 22, 2014 6:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Faiithe
Veteran

Post by Faiithe »

You may find that being annoying is fun for you and your group of friends, but a lot of people don't like it. Maybe not in 3, but in 1, people take the server seriously.

Now I don't know how you stated your opinion. If it was in a polite and calm manner, then it would have been wrong to mute you. But if you were stating it in a loud and rude way, talking over other people, I would have muted you and several other people on the server if I was in there at that time too.
Last edited by Faiithe on Sun Jun 22, 2014 8:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SpicyCandy
Forum Mod

Post by SpicyCandy »

No need for drama here kids. Issue has been resolved.

A 30 minute mute/gag is nothing to complain about.
Arguing with an admin is not the smartest thing to do.
Keep it polite in this forum.
Last edited by SpicyCandy on Sun Jun 22, 2014 8:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.