Ban Appeal

VSquad Blood

Ban Appeal

Post by VSquad Blood »

Your Steam Community Link: http://steamcommunity.com/id/iivsquadblood/
Your Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:98049834

Which Admin Punished You: (Check http://disc-ff.com/sourcebanstf2/index.php?p=banlist if you were banned)
Type of punishment(ban, mute, silence or gag): BrotherhoodofSteel
Server where you received the punishment: Trade/Fun 2 (minecraft)

How long they punished you for: Perma Ban

Reason why they punished you: Sharing Personal Information

Reason why you think this punishment is unfair/uncalled for/biased, etc. I believe this was an unfair punishment because the only reason i even told the server this information was when I was asked directly by the person in regards to restate the information. I was asked via voice chat " What's my number?". I do not believe I am at fault here because the person in question asked this of me knowing full well anyone who didn't have me muted would hear this information. This was not an act out of spite, revenge, anger, etc. This information was only stated at the time of the ban because I was prompted to restate it with the person asking knowing full well the info in question would be broadcasted to everyone who could hear me.

Reason why we should remove the punishment: I believe that my punishment should be reduced because although the original offense was a series of 4 prank calls, which I admit is wrong, and I do feel remorse for, i did not share this information with any intent of malice. the prank calls and the info being shared later were both not for malicious intent, the prank call was just out of good fun that got taken too far, and the second time was only said because I was prompted. I would gladly take the appropriate temp ban for harassment because prank calling him was wrongful of me, however I do not believe that a distribution of personal information is what truly occurred here.

I have proof pending and am working towards getting it.
BrotherhoodofSteel

Re: Ban Appeal

Post by BrotherhoodofSteel »

The person whose information you released in the server messaged me shortly after the incident letting me know that he did not want you to actually say his number out loud and was very upset you went through with this action. I feel that if you were joking about it earlier with friends that's fine, but since this happened when the server wasn't full of just your friends and the info was passed onto randoms and others who have no business hearing it then the punishment should stand. Just because he jokingly asked for the number doesn't mean you should blurt it out for everyone to hear. The ban should stay. And the ban was not permanent it was for two weeks.
Last edited by BrotherhoodofSteel on Thu Jun 16, 2016 5:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
VSquad Blood

Post by VSquad Blood »

I was not told how long this punishment was. I assumed it was permanent. two weeks is reasonable.
SakuraTheBabyfur

Post by SakuraTheBabyfur »

Ban will stay.
Survivor of the Gaymen Apocalypse 2015
Gaymen wrote:Forum ban? Is that like a band full of faggots like Armen.