Hacker Report - Anix

WhiteLightning

Hacker Report - Anix

Post by WhiteLightning »

Your in-game name: WhiteLightning
Your in-game Steam Community Link: http://steamcommunity.com/id/whitelightning50/

Rulebreaker's Steam Community Link: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198088392996

Server on which the rulebreaking occurred: Dodgeball

Witnesses: This has been an ongoing problem and Anix/Jellal is fairly well known, so there have been a large number of witnesses. Admins that I know have witnessed it are Froot and Meoww.

Proof: Apologies in advance for the wall of text, I have a lot to say. I have not recorded any demos at the moment.

Anix (or Jellal) has been an off and on regular for some time now. I have hesitated to make a report sooner because many people disagree with me that Anix is hacking, but there is no doubt in my mind that he is. And now that he has started playing regularly again, I decided it was time. Anix has NOT been hacking from the start. He began like any other player, got better, then hit a plateau, like most people do. Shortly after that, he got insanely better instantly. Not a slow rise like you might expect. And even now he will die to easy rockets, but then hit ridiculous speeds, which is why it is most likely a toggle. I have never reported a regular for hacking before, so know that I would not make this thread were I not 100% sure. And he is a regular and fairly long time player, so I can understand if many of the admins are unsure about this. As I said, i have no demos for you to look at, but the following is my proof, and it can be confirmed by admins and regulars alike:

1. Anix can hit insane speeds that are not consistent with his normal skill level. Yes he could get lucky, so this is not proof alone, but I will get to that in #2.

2. When speeding very fast, he always manages to look directly at the rocket, no matter if it is switched, upspiked, or waved, a common sign of hacking.

3. He has no rocket control. This may be jibberish to people who aren't well versed in dodgeball terms, but he can't downspike, he can't drag, he can't wave. He only speeds. Someone who can hit the speeds he does would be at least decent at other styles of play.

Just one of these is in no way proof that someone is hacking, but when you put them all together it is. My hope is not to have him outright banned. That would be irresponsible, I know. My goal with this thread is to have all the admins watch him more often, discuss it here, and possibly have an admin meeting about it. Like I said, I would not have made this is I was unsure. Thank you for reading.
Last edited by WhiteLightning on Mon Jun 20, 2016 1:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tornado123

Re: Hacker Report - Anix

Post by Tornado123 »

White, you are a reg on our server. I will have to tell you Anix is not hacking I am the one who tought him how to get the high speeds he almost never look directly and throws it to the side all the time. He speeds very fast cause his teacher is me who is a legend at speed in the db community. He has a good understanding on rocket control and can throw it to the side up spike and down spike he has gotten waves out before. He has no vacs no bans. Thank you for the report, And when i say this Money will back me up on this when i say he is not hacking, i just never tought him anything else other then play from a far. I am really good at finding out hackers and if he was hacking he would of been ban a long time ago.
Tornado Image
Spoiler
Dongle: Tornado im going to cut you if you keep stealing my damn rockets
WhiteLightning

Post by WhiteLightning »

Tornado, I am aware that you taught Anix how to play and I also know you two are pretty good friends. For this reason, I don't think you are the right admin to ask about this since you are biased. I am not suggesting you know that he is hacking and are lying to defend him, I just don't think you want to believe he is hacking. Like I said, I don't believe he was hacking while you were teaching him, I believe he started after he hit a plateau in his skill. Yes he reflects to the side, but that is because almost every player that he speeds with reflects to the side. So when he goes to reflect the rocket, he makes it take the same side arc it already took. He never changes the direction of it. Even accidentally changing the direction of the rocket, which happens to everyone, he never does. Thank you for pointing out how you are a "legend" at speeding, but that really has nothing to do with Anix. I would however be more inclined to listen to what Money has to say, seeing as he has been an admin for a long time and would not be biased towards Anix.

EDIT: Added content.
Last edited by WhiteLightning on Mon Jun 20, 2016 4:50 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Tornado123

Post by Tornado123 »

I understand what you are saying, Ik Anix is not hacking his goal is the stay on the server and get to the top ten. Not get banned. However i am also not biased to anyone. I hate hackers and cheaters and i rant about it all the time. If he was hacking i would friend him right away However he is not. I will take no part in this for you are right Money has been admin for almost 2 years and would have a better judgement on this.
Tornado Image
Spoiler
Dongle: Tornado im going to cut you if you keep stealing my damn rockets
Meoww

Post by Meoww »

While Anix is a really nice guy, it wouldn't hurt to check it out. Tornado you and Anix are really good friends but if he's not cheating what's the harm? I think to eliminate any bias opinions we should have multiple people, even old Dodgeball admins watch any demos.

Personally Anix is a good friend of mine too and the way he hits rockets is kind of peculiar because he literally has no rocket control. And I don't want this to turn into a flame war between friends. I'm requesting this thread to be locked now until we can gather more evidence.

[Owner] Fire : I hate dodgeball, you can quote me
MoneyKidKing

Post by MoneyKidKing »

Without demos or witnesses nothing will be done immediately, but we will keep our eyes out.

Requesting lock.
Shia Suprise
Spoiler
Armen
Veteran

Post by Armen »

Locked upon request.