Gag Appeal

Ian225

Gag Appeal

Post by Ian225 »

Hi, I'm Ian225.

Your Steam Community Link: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198066100322
Your Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:52917297

Which Admin Punished You: Abraham ([FF'A] Abraham ツ)
Type of punishment: Gag

Server where you received the punishment: -[DISC-FF.com]- PropHunt

How long they punished you for: 2 months (According to Abraham)

Reason why they punished you: Spamming lennies in chat ¯\_( ͡・ ᴥ ͡・)_/¯

Reason why you think this punishment is unfair/uncalled for/biased, etc: I kinda think 2 months is a little bit too long for what it was... Abraham told me that the punishment would be less severe if I haven't been on the server for so long and if I haven't been warned before.

He claims I've been gagged 3 times and muted one time for either ghosting or spamming in the past. However, I thought to myself and tried to think of what my gags have were actually for, and I'm almost certain that isn't true. The only time I ever recall being gagged for spamming was when one day sammay gagged me for 24 hours for "spamming" when I didn't. I asked her why, and she said someone told her to gag me and she wouldn't say who. Now I'm not saying I've never spammed before, I'm sure I have, but I never got in trouble for it and if I have in the past I probably would have not spammed at all. And when I did spam, it was right when Abraham joined, and the second he got on he saw that and gagged me without the warning he claimed to give me.

He also brought up the fact that I've been active on the server for the past 2 years, and he said if I haven't been playing on there for so long the punishment wouldn't be so bad. However, I've seen old and active players get banned/gagged but not for such a long time. Abraham banned Edgar2009 for a week for teamswitching but not for a month? I was not there when it happened, but I checked the banned list and I saw him on there for that reason. The point is, I feel this punishment that came out of nowhere was way too severe and it was much worse than other ones I've seen. I just don't understand why being on the server for longer makes your punishments worse. Does that mean I'm only allowed to play on a server for 2 years and then quit because of one little mistake I make, that I could have made earlier and it wouldn't be a problem? The amount of time you played on a server should not determine if you get gagged for a day or two months. This just discourages old players to play and makes people like me super sad :(

Reason why we should remove the punishment: Mostly what I said above, the punishment was very unfair and the two reasonings behind the extending period of time of me being gagged were a bit too unfair. Now yes, I DID spam lennies in chat. I got a few new binds and right when abraham joined i posted all of them. I do believe a gag was necessary for what I did, and I regret doing what I have done. I've gone through about two weeks of the gag and I am pretty tired of it, since i don't like to use my mic. If you want to be a nice person plz ungag me and you get a cookie <3

PS: there is this user who keeps copying my username (Ian225) and playing on the server, claiming to be me. He's a little kid who sounds super annoying and it is pissing me off for what he is doing. I have a feeling that when admin tries to ban him, the admin may ban both him and me, since we have the same username. I don't feel like changing my username because he keeps switching it to whatever I have, and I wanted to know if there is something I can do about it. One time, sammay banned me for being rude to a kid. When sammay banned me, I also think she banned both me and my impostor. I checked his activity and he wasn't on the server when I was banned, so I think he was also banned. Is there something I can do about this situation? I just created my account on this website to write this appeal, and I'm afraid that my profile picture will not show because the website won't know which Ian225 is posting this. I think I have said this before, but this is really annoying and I wanted to know if something can be done about this?

So, I guess I'm gonna end this now.
Sammay

Re: Gag Appeal

Post by Sammay »

Okay, first, your ban isn't for 2 months, it's for one.
Second, the day I gagged you for you indeed were spamming chat, in fact the proof is right here http://www.disc-ff.com/viewtopic.php?f=58&t=8417 As well as you have been gagged/muted in the past, you can find the previous ones on source bans. And it's not that I wouldn't say who, I just never said that Abraham said to gag you for a day, and if you did ask then I apologize because I never heard/saw you ask.

About the "imposter" I have never seen another kid come on by your name claiming he was you, and when I did ban you for 3 days it was only you that got banned. Which the ban was not just for being rude to a kid, it was for constantly telling people to kill themselves and then when I joined the server you said "Oh shit an actual admin is coming on I need to get out of here" Which in turn was avoiding punishment.
Anyways, I believe the gag should stay.
sambawarkiddo
Veteran

Post by sambawarkiddo »

Please don't bring other player's punishments into your appeal as they are irrelevant.
Admins can and often will distribute punishments as seen fit depending on the player and the admin.
Please also note that regardless of how long a player frequents a server, most times out of none, admins will make a note of specific troublesome players. Repeat offenses aren't forgotten.

It's good to see you acknowledge your err. However, I feel your punishment is deserved seeing as the moment an admin joined to deal with you being troublesome once again, as Sammay stated, You made a comment and swiftly disconnected.
Furthermore, I don't feel you actually regret your actions.
Spoiler
You have ten days logged on the prophunt server, and you're globally ranked 33. Anyone would assume you know the rules crystal enough to know how much tolerance an admin will have, as well as knowing what the rules are and should be.
Your comment regarding "you'll spam when you want to," Shows quite a lack of regard and sincerity regarding your appeal.

If you wish to mention a player joining with your specific name and impersonating you to give you a bad name, please make a report following this format.

You were issued a three day ban which is expired for avoiding an admin.

Gag should stay.
Last edited by sambawarkiddo on Sun Aug 28, 2016 3:49 am, edited 4 times in total.
Fire wrote:You're a admin?
Abraham
Veteran

Post by Abraham »

Im on my phone so im not gonna type long. Sammay and Samba already summed up everything. You're a long time regular who has a ton of warnings om the system and just vocally given as well as a couple of punishments all for the same reason.

And I never said 2months, clean your ears.

Edgars ban has nothing to do with your appeal, its irrelevant and has no meaning in your case.

You've also gone through 1week of the gag, not 2.
Gag will stay.
Last edited by Abraham on Sun Aug 28, 2016 6:10 am, edited 3 times in total.
ImageImageImage
SakuraTheBabyfur

Post by SakuraTheBabyfur »

Appeal denied. Please be sure to follow the rules next time or the next gag will probably be longer.
Survivor of the Gaymen Apocalypse 2015
Gaymen wrote:Forum ban? Is that like a band full of faggots like Armen.