Ban appeal

SilenTempest

Ban appeal

Post by SilenTempest »

Your Steam Community Link: 76561198052539713
Your Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:46136992

Which Admin Punished You: NekoGhost
Type of punishment(ban, mute, silence or gag): ban
Server where you received the punishment: -[DISC-FF.com]- |24/7 Idle/Trade #2| [RTD/BP]

How long they punished you for: 1 week

Reason why they punished you: false reporting

Reason why you think this punishment is unfair/uncalled for/biased, etc.
There was a certain player that kept bugging me about being f2p even though I was p2p in terms of buying items from Mannco. But that was about a month ago give or take. But at that time, I just started playing again so I was just getting familiar with the UI and everything. So I never reported this person when the incident occurred with the chatbox but with the built in report function that I assume goes to Valve and not the server admins. (And just to state - Using 3. from the link, that player kept harassing me and mentioned that i wasn't f2p a few times. http://www.thefreedictionary.com/harassment). If this isn't the definition of harassment the server means then it is my fault, but onto the reasoning.

I was playing today and said user killed me after i killed him as a sniper. I do not care if im killed by the same person but he made a comment about unbinding everything after I killed him initially. I was not going to take any bs from him so I reported him using the chatbox method. Neko came on and did some checking but I guess he was not aware that the initial incident was one month ago and I learned about the server report after the initial issue.

Reason why we should remove the punishment:
The admin did not check the logs of the actual event but just the logs for the short time before the report was made. I agree that it was partly my fault but I would like if the ban could be lifted. I already made up with the player but he just got on my nerves by making those comments. I could have overreacted with the report.
Last edited by SilenTempest on Tue Sep 20, 2016 2:50 am, edited 2 times in total.
Neko
Veteran

Re: Ban appeal

Post by Neko »

User was spoken to and issue was resolved. Decided to unban as long as he understands how to use the report system properly. No proof of harrasment was in logs at time of report and only issue between them was a few back and forth kills. However, I feel there was a misunderstanding and we cleared it up via a private voice chat.

Here is your full comm link: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198052539713
Last edited by Neko on Tue Sep 20, 2016 3:02 am, edited 5 times in total.
https://github.com/SollyVR
Add me on VRChat: "Solly."
Add me on Steam: linked to my forums website.
SakuraTheBabyfur

Re: Ban appeal

Post by SakuraTheBabyfur »

Report Handled
Survivor of the Gaymen Apocalypse 2015
Gaymen wrote:Forum ban? Is that like a band full of faggots like Armen.