unclejohnnybux

Ban Dispute: My first ban EVER.

Post by unclejohnnybux »

My Steam Community Link: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198030702420/

My Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:35218346

Banned by: Drewsky

Punishment: Banned

Duration: 1 week

Reason: False reporting (Which I have NEVER done)

I believe this is an unfair ban, due to the fact that there was a kid on the mariokart randomizer server, claiming to be admin/owner, and was threatening to ban/kick people. I reported him, and the second I did that, he disconnected. I have evidence in the form of steam chat, where I notified Fire, however, Fire never responded to me. Below is a quote from the chat I attempted to have with Fire.

"-[FF]- The Original Angry Alien: Hey buddy, we got a person impersonating an admin/owner on randomizer. Name: Lilgoebes12. Threatening to ban/kick people.
-[FF]- The Original Angry Alien: Should I notify Mindacoss? He appears to be offline....."

I attempted to notify all admins of the situation that I know, and I don't know this Drewsky fella. Since the kid disconnected after my report, and I had no way of retracting said report, and since Fire never responded, I believe this is unfair. Here is a screenshot of said attempted conversation with Fire: http://imgur.com/a/oHHmc

Again, he never replied, probably was too busy.

I believe that the reason that this one week ban should be removed is due to the simple facts that I know the server rules, and I am a FIRM believer in following them, and encouraging others to do so as well. I have never been banned in the years that I've been playing on disc-ff forums, and have adhered to the rules on every single disc-ff server I have ever played on, while like I stated, encouraging others to do the same, and reporting when they absolutely refuse to comply.

Please, admins, these are the only TF2 servers I play on, and would never think about or dream of breaking any form of rules. A lot of times that I've played on the mariokart randomizer server, there was never an admin to be found, and people constantly break the rules of said server. I decided to finally do something about it, because let's face it, we all know that Fire is the owner of the community, and one of my dear friends (well, considered a dear friend by me, anyway) on steam. I do not appreciate anyone who thinks it's ok to break the rule of pretending to be admin, much less the owner, of such a wonderful community of fine people. I truly hope that you will please lift the ban, as like I've said, I've never been banned from anything or any server before.

Thank you so very much for allowing me to appeal this, and thank you for bringing almost 1300 hours of entertainment through your highly fun, almost addicting, servers. You guys are ALL awesome and do a WONDERFUL job of bringing enjoyment to many people, and I've met a lot of good friends via playing on your servers. Again, thank you.

Signed,

unclejohnnybux, AKA: -[FF]- The Original Angry Alien
Drewski
Veteran

Re: Ban Dispute: My first ban EVER.

Post by Drewski »

Hey alien.

Upon receiving the report form you yesterday, October 4th, i proceeded to do my personal protocol witch includes checking the chat longs. The player who you reported did not say they were a admin. (You reported the player for admin impersonation). Also, looking back at the admin bot, and if i'm not mistaken, it did appear you had 3 previous false reports and 1 verified report. If the player was saying these things over mic, us admins have no way to go back and look at that kind of stuff. You should have made a demo of the player while they were committing these offences and then started the reporting process so when they did run you still had your proof. Now if you didn't have 3 previous false reports against you, we might not be in this situation, but those three reports are none of my business. I did what i believe was correct and i was following protocol with the punishment for false reporting players. Granted, you are a active player and i have seen you many times enjoying the mariokart server and not breaking any rules. I Have mixed feeling if i should urban or you not. It's all about the 3 previous false reports we have on "file" on you. I'm going to leave this to the forum moderators, spicy, or fire to decide what should happen.
Last edited by Drewski on Wed Oct 05, 2016 7:20 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Add me on steam! Click the globe icon to go to my profile!
PC Specs
unclejohnnybux

Post by unclejohnnybux »

Drewski wrote:Hey alien.

Upon receiving the report form you yesterday, October 4th, i proceeded to do my personal protocol witch includes checking the chat longs. The player who you reported did not say they were a admin. (You reported the player for admin impersonation). Also, looking back at the admin bot, and if i'm not mistaken, it did appear you had 3 previous false reports and 1 verified report. If the player was saying these things over mic, us admins have no way to go back and look at that kind of stuff. You should have made a demo of the player while they were committing these offences and then started the reporting process so when they did run you still had your proof. Now if you didn't have 3 previous false reports against you, we might not be in this situation, but those three reports are none of my business. I did what i believe was correct and i was following protocol with the punishment for false reporting players. Granted, you are a active player and i have seen you many times enjoying the mariokart server and not breaking any rules. I Have mixed feeling if i should urban or you not. It's all about the 3 previous false reports we have on "file" on you. I'm going to leave this to the forum moderators, spicy, or fire to decide what should happen.
That is correct, it would not have shown up in the chat logs, because said person was claiming this false claim via mic chat. I was unaware of the 3 false reports, and now that I AM aware of said false reports, will be more cautious about using the !report system again, if ever. I think there should be a way, if there isn't already, to check the status of our reports, but that isn't blatantly clear when you're in game, having a wonderful time. However, from now on, I will make a demo for backup purposes, if for nothing else, to protect myself, and to retain evidence of whichever player is committing any offense that I may or may not report in the future. Thank you for the clarification on the situation, and as I've said before, and will continue to say from now on, you guys have the best servers I've ever had the privilege of being a part of, including watching Idle/Trade #2 being edited via twitch. I apologize if I have given false reports in the past, but I can guarantee you this much, it will NEVER happen again! I'm 38 years old, why would I "bite the hand that feeds me" with countless hours of entertainment? Therefore, I truly hope you guys accept my apologies, and please reconsider having me back onto your truly awesome servers.

Thank you,

John Wood (A.K.A.: -[FF]- The Original Angry Alien

PS: On a side note, I did allow my nephew to use my online profile to play TF2, which he abused horribly, so that might be where those false reports came from, as I hardly use the report system to begin with. I usually just direct message an admin if I have a problem, and it usually gets resolved pretty quickly. However, if it was in fact me, again I apologize. And don't worry, my nephew got in PLENTY of trouble for some of the things he did while using my account. :thumbup:
Last edited by unclejohnnybux on Wed Oct 05, 2016 9:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fire
Owner

Post by Fire »

Hi. I don't think Angry Alien made this report with malicious intent. The guy may have very well made claims over the mic and left after seeing/hearing he was being reported. I'm not sure if Drewski made a attempt to ask other people on the server about what happened to help confirm the report. If not that is something we should be doing in cases like this. However, I can understand that looking at your record showing 3 false reports in the past might have lead him to this punishment.

I'm going to lift this ban but please make sure if you use the report system again you do it with caution and for serious matters only. You have some admins on your friends list so maybe just message them instead of using it if you are unsure. The system is meant to be used to handle issues that need immediate admin attention. The reason we have such harsh punishments for abuse is because it is a big waste of admin time when bad reports are sent in.
ImageImage