Ban Appeal- Ollie

Ollie

Ban Appeal- Ollie

Post by Ollie »

Your Steam Community Link: Steam_0:1:72706221

Your Steam ID: 76561198105678171

Which Admin Punished You: FawfulRoach (He was born with thick chortles)

Type of punishment(ban, mute, silence or gag): Ban

Server where you received the punishment: Freak Fortress 2

How long they punished you for: Permanent

Reason why they punished you: Admin Impersonation, Toxic

Reason why you think this punishment is unfair/uncalled for/biased, etc.: I was never given a warning for being toxic or an Admin Impersonator. I dont recall changing my name to an admins and threatening to ban, kick, mute etc. anyone. It is highly possible I was toxic at some moment, but never to a great extent, and only ever to other toxic players.
:
Reason why we should remove the punishment:
I was never given a warning for either of these, No one ever told me that my behavior was against the rules, or uncalled for/rude. I have read the rules multiple times, and to my knowledge I didnt break any of them. But, if I did, I apologize. I'm just not very sure how I broke them. If I did break the rules or offend someone, I am sorry
Last edited by Ollie on Sat Oct 29, 2016 3:53 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Ollie

Post by Ollie »

Last edited by Ollie on Sat Oct 29, 2016 3:54 pm, edited 5 times in total.
sambawarkiddo
Veteran

Re: Ban Appeal- Ollie

Post by sambawarkiddo »

Just a tip: It's wise to not disrespect the admins or other people when trying to make an appeal, as well as making this appeal come off as sarcastic with all the emoticons spattered throughout it.
It won't exactly win you any points in your favour.

Also, you have listed your SteamID as your community link, and your Steam ID I presume would be the generated link to be placed in a URL.
I'd recommend amending these to make the job of the admin(s) involved easier.
Fire wrote:You're a admin?
Ollie

Post by Ollie »

I will try to find those links
Last edited by Ollie on Sat Oct 29, 2016 3:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ollie

Post by Ollie »

Varple
Veteran

Post by Varple »

I was not involved in this ban, however I talked to Fawful about the ban so I believe I am allowed to comment. Though being toxic is subjective you were infact admin impersonating.

Image (You have have to zoom in.)

It shows on the message board throughout the day that Admin Impersonation is not allowed at all. Even if it is joking (Notice: Anyone claiming to be an admin without Admin or Moderator color tags before their name are IMPERSONATORS. If you see one, please report). However I wasn't the admin to ban you so, you will have to wait for Fawful. But in my opinion this ban was justified in the aspect of Admin Impersonation.
Last edited by Varple on Sat Oct 29, 2016 4:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ruhlar wrote: Excuse me, you motherfuckers
Ruhlar wrote: Locking my posts, the fuck you think you are? B1
Ollie

Post by Ollie »

I think that was from a previous thingy (which already has been dealt with), if its not then me saying i was joking was probably cut out, as i said it later in the chat (like 5 minutes later). If i forgot to state that, the fact that i had no colored name or tag next to my name is clearly showing that i am joking. Also, i never threatened to ban, kick, or mute anyone (or any other abuse of admin powers). I find it hard for me to see that text as anything but harmless, and i dont know what harm could possibly come from that. Sorry if someone took that seriously, but i was not trying to do any harm.

I would have no issue with a day to a week ban, but a permanent ban is, in my opinion, a bit much. Id happyily wait out a non permanent ban if there was a possibility of me being able to play on Disc-ff servers someday
Last edited by Ollie on Sat Oct 29, 2016 5:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
White Sedan
Veteran

Post by White Sedan »

Looks like what you said was a simple joke so normally your ban would've been shortened to a week. However, due to you being quite disrespectful on this dispute it will instead be changed to 3 weeks. Any more talk of you being an admin, joking or otherwise, will result in a permanent ban.
----
Hoff wrote:Consider yourself lucky I am not taking legal action against your server.