A Mute Appeal

Ian225

A Mute Appeal

Post by Ian225 »

Your Steam Community Link: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198066100322/
Your Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:52917297

Which Admin Punished You: Abraham
Type of punishment: mute
Server where you received the punishment: -[DISC-FF.com]- |24/7 PropHunt| [Hide & Seek]

How long they punished you for: permanent

Reason why they punished you: “SourceBans being weird as fuck rn” -Abraham
(Somehow chatting with a perma gag on me)
I logged on and found out I could type for some odd reason 3 weeks after being perma gagged, followed by Abraham (To let you know, I have 21 days on the server, so I do know who the admins are) logging on. However, when he got on and I told him I was not gagged, he became super confused and got mad. When I told him I honestly had no idea how I did it, he just thought I was doing this on purpose because I referred to it as an “exploit”, and because he would think someone who got perma gagged would try to break the system to avoid it. Next, he told me to disconnect and rejoin to reactivate the gag, and it worked. But then later he just perma muted me without a warning, saying it’s the only thing he could really do about it. I agree that there wasn't much he could do, but I think muting me without any prior offenses on my mic is unfair . . .

Reason why you think this punishment is unfair/uncalled for/biased, etc. I first tried logging on but was disconnected for the occasional “Steam Validation Rejected” error. When I logged on again, I had lost connection to the item server and realized I could chat because I hit a lenny bind by accident (the bind is close to my suicide key, which is what I meant to hit because I always hit it once or twice before a round starts). The only reason why I called it an exploit was because I was known for finding many exploits on the server in the past, such as playing spy on the gamemode and finding a place to leave a map’s barriers (which I only do once or twice to prove it’s possible, and I only do it when only friends were on or if it would not affect any gameplay). I said I did an exploit in front of an admin so I could prove it wasn’t on purpose, but apparently that just means I’m just really stupid.

Reason why we should remove the punishment: I have over 1,500 hours on tf2, so I clearly know not to hack (which I did not, just pointing this out), especially since I’ve seen too many cases of perma bans on prop-hunt for such. I’ve played on disk-ff since 2013 because I have always loved the communities on each server, as they are much more exciting than any other server. I really feel bad as to the fact I can’t even communicate with neither my mic nor the chat box now, as I never did anything wrong with using my mic (and possibly the chat in my opinion). The perma gag is something not worth fighting against, for I’d go against a hypocritical Samba, who hates me for an unclear reason, but at least for my mic I did nothing wrong with it; therefore, I would really appreciate it if I could be just unmuted so I can continue to play and have fun. If you look on the second page of my chat history, you’ll notice that there is a 3 week gap between two instances of me talking (Oct. 24 and Nov. 19). You will see me posting a lenny followed by me being confused and theorizing what happened. Another thing you will see on my profile are 38 ribbons for “most suicides”, as I tend to suicide near the start of the round, which is when I hit the wrong bind and found out I could talk. And if you look in Abraham’s chat history (second page near the bottom when I wrote this), you will see him telling me to rejoin afterward, followed by a “ty” after I do it, which means I did do what he said. I would just like to apologize for somehow using the chat box while being gagged in the first place, and even though it was not intentional to break the system, it is my fault for using it during the short lived time I had to do so. Please forgive me for doing something bad and realize nothing I did was on purpose, as I would clearly have not done it in front of an admin if I knew I was trying to do something offensive. I am really sorry, but I honestly don’t know how I did it, and I don’t want to feel like I’ve wasted many years on a server that disliked me to the point where a false perma mute was the only option. I would greatly appreciate it if I could be unmuted, because it would make my day and allow me to stop feeling down. If you can’t unmute me, please just take it into consideration. I agree to not do any bad with my mic, since I cant spam lennies or anything (reasons why I have gotten gagged in the past). I promise that I´m not going to break any rules or repeat what ive done, as I know the rules. I know I´m a fine, good person so I promise to not continue anything like such. I am really sorry and I just want to be unmuted and follow the rules.

Last edited by Ian225 on Sun Nov 20, 2016 2:43 am, edited 2 times in total.
sambawarkiddo
Veteran

Re: A Mute Appeal

Post by sambawarkiddo »

You've had prior offenses, being toxic, spamming the mic, etc on the Prophunt server.

You've also said this:
Of which is certainly not a joke.

You were previously given a two month mute if I'm not mistaken, Abra will have to comment in regards to that, of which I am not sure is expired or not, however, the admins on Prophunt discussed and agreed you should be permanently gagged for your toxic behaviour.
One example thus:
I personally take offense to the notion you'd think I have some sort of biased vendetta against you, when you clearly show a disregard for common manners and regard for rules depending on which admin is online at the time, or if no admins are on period.

Please don't say there is no proof of your behaviour, as there has been more than enough evidence accumulated in your logs alone.
The sole fact that you have x amount of hours logged on our server means you should KNOW what the rules on the server are, without need to be told every two seconds.

You have also had the tendency to let your rank online get to your head and your ego, which leads to your unnecessary cockiness.

imo, if the mute prior/now re-enacted was permanent, then I think it should stay, as it is not unjust.
Last edited by sambawarkiddo on Sun Nov 20, 2016 5:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
Fire wrote:You're a admin?
Ian225

Post by Ian225 »

I want to be unmuted, not ungagged. I know I cant win the gag fight against you, but atleast I would feel better if you could actually spare me once for something else. You claim that I have a cocky behaviour, but you seem to be leaving out the stuff you say in the chat as well. You showed an instance of me saying I wanted to piss you off, but while simply skimming through the stuff you say include things such as ¨abraham nice spray fag¨ which seems that you like to be cocky to other admins too, so I dont understand why you are including that. If what I said to you was not a joke, then what you just said must truly not be joking either. Just because you are an admin it doesnt mean you cant piss the other ones off, and even if calling abraham a faggot was a joke, what I said to you was also a joke, because I know you get angry really easily and have a tendency to hate on me for little reasoning. I might enjoy my rank but thats perfectly allowed and I see people doing /statsme far more than myself, and although I show it off, you like to show off your awesome skills at being an idiot too. ¨8 people out of 9 enjoy gang rape¨ ¨You'll deserve an ass whoopin in a minute lilnigga¨ and ¨YEA NIGGA¨ are just some of many quotes I found from you on the first few pages of your chat history. Appearently making racial and sexual slurs are less ¨toxic¨ than saying Im better than someone else? You also claim that I was muted for 2 months, but it was a month long gag actually, and the only time I was muted was during a silence which occured only because of something I could only do in the chat. And although I have x hours on the server, I was only gotten into this situation because I came on one day and yang perma gagged me with no warning followed by him telling me that you were behind it. Lastly, you say I have a ¨biased¨ opinion on your actions torward me, but the majority of people who are regular on the server have told me they dont like you and give examples, and based on the things above there isnt much to go against that claim. I know I have done wrong things, but the whole idea of the appeal was to apologize and tell you I will not do anything bad again, yet you seem to not even care about the appeal at all and you just bring up points that were for the perma gag, not perma mute. I feel the muting part was unfair, so I tried to appeal it; however, you decide to come in and bring up points not related to the mute in particular. If someone wants to defend against my appeal, it most likely shouldnt be you.
Last edited by Ian225 on Sun Nov 20, 2016 5:58 am, edited 3 times in total.
sambawarkiddo
Veteran

Post by sambawarkiddo »

I never claimed to be a saint, but nothing I have ever said to my friends, or fellow admins while on the server has resulted in offense being taken by the person I was conversing with, or taking the piss out of.
As for your comment about racial slurs, the use of the N word is NOT prohibited. Racial slurs used to target a person or persons is not allowed. The general use of a derogatory term is not prohibited.

If others on the server don't like me, then so be it. Don't try to use that in some kind of case against me. It is unrelated to your appeal.
As I'm an admin of the prophunt server, of which this has occurred, I am well within my right to comment on your appeal, providing details relevant to your mute, as well as supporting statements regarding points made about the reasons you were muted.
Fire wrote:You're a admin?
CorgiBear
Server Admin

Post by CorgiBear »

As a former admin of the server I'd like to put in my two cents. Ian I honestly feel like you've been as toxic as possible. You're constantly rude, you disregard any rules when warned (several times might I add) and you don't care about the other players. While I wasn't here for this particular issue, I can easily say that what Samba claims is pretty much true. You were rude to me the other day claiming how good you were when you killed me simply because I chose to hide in a panic spot and yes I get it, you're a good player, I'm glad you enjoy prophunt! That doesn't give you the right to go around putting other players down when you kill one. While I don't have video proof due to lack of preparation, I plan to keep tabs if necessary. I honestly feel like you do not respect the players or the server rules. I have witnessed you getting these warnings only for them to be pushed aside. I have given you warnings myself when I was admin, again in one ear, out the other. Not that I have much say in what happens here, I just though I might add in what I think.
Abraham
Veteran

Post by Abraham »

We talked about permanently silencing you with the ph admins a while ago for your toxic behaviour, constant spamming and tons of previous warnings amd punishments. Yet yesterday you were on the server talking in chat, like its nothing, to my understanding that was sourcebabs being broken instead of you going around the silence, which is why I asked you to rejoin and you did. How ever after you rejoined, I could only see you being permanently gagged and assumed that was yet another SB glitch, which is why I muted you as well to make it a silence like it was meant to be.

From where I see it you should be glad it wasnt a perm ban.

Now this could be a misunderstanding my end because we did talk about perm silencing you, but it seems to just have been a gag, I was on my long absence at the time of the punishment, so wasnt able to look into it then, and later on just forgot it. If this is the case, I still dont find it as a gopd idea to unmute you, youve had more than enough warnings and punishments to be perm banned and from where I see it, the silence will only help to avoid that.

Also I never got mad, I did ask you how are you talking in a rather harsh way and apologize for that, I shouldve and couldve done it in a more professional way.

If a mod/owner finds it better to unmute you I have no issues with that since it seems to have been a misunderstanding in my end, but I wont be doing so since I find it better for your sake to keep you from causing any more drama than you already have caused via text/voice chat. You have a long history of being toxic and immature.

Apologiez for grammar issues, wrote this on phone and just woke up.
Last edited by Abraham on Sun Nov 20, 2016 12:26 pm, edited 3 times in total.
ImageImageImage
Ian225

Post by Ian225 »

Yang told me it was a perma gag, not a silence, but if I was not at the discussion as to me getting punished, I do not know either. I am thankful it was not a ban though, so please do not believe I am just trying to be negative towards any of you.

I am deeply sorry for what Ive done in the past, however. I wrote this appeal because I truly believe I can be forgiven and become a better person, but I do understand why I was punished in the first place. I was punished for being narcissistic and untrustworthy, but I can change because I know what I did wrong and I know what to do differently. I understand I can occasionally be ¨toxic¨, but although you say Ive been warned many times before, I do not recall getting any warning in recent time, other than the perma gag and mute. I respect that as an admin you did your job right, and what you did to me is perfectly understandable, but after such an incident I feel as if I have finally been given a wake up call that has told me Ive been clearly doing something not right.

I am deeply sorry for what Ive done now as well. Perhaps calling out samba for something unrelated to the appeal was not necessary, and forgive me for that as well, because I was just all depressed at the time for feeling like just a player who only receives hate and is only referred to as a trouble maker (could be wrong, but idk). Also, I am as well sorry for acting like being able to avoid the gag was not important, as somehow doing so seems to be like something you all should look into. I am curious as to how it was possible, but all I know is that it has to do with steam rejecting your ID and then reconnecting (something like that).

I simply just want to be able to communicate in some way, whether it be on the mic or chat, so I can feel like Im part of the game, but I do realize I have abused the system of such in a way that should not be not taken care of. I want to have the privilege back because I deeply promise to not abuse it ever again, for disrespecting an admin is not tolerable. I understand if you cannot, as I have stated on this comment I am untrustworthy, but in the appeal and in my replies I agree to not break any further rules.
Last edited by Ian225 on Sun Nov 20, 2016 1:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dongle
Forum Mod

Post by Dongle »

Mute will stay. Appeal denied.
ImageImage