Unfair ban

Post by WhySoSeriousGaming »

Community page: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198086926991/
ID: Khalin
Admin who banned you: Landooney
Type / time: Temp ban (1 day)
I recieved the ban on Disc-FF Tfdb
I was punished for team killing
Reason you think it's uncalled for / unfair: I was playing on this tfdb server for a couple hours, throughout this time. I was team killed about 6 or 7 times. What is most annoying about this however, is that an admin (Landooney) was on to witness it happen to me multiple times by the same people, yet they didn't so much as recieve a warning. During my last few seconds. A player started saying "Khalin clutch or kick, lose you get kicked" so I thought it would be funny to suicide just before the rocket got to me and off I went to eat dinner. After dinner I log on and try to access the server and I recieve a ban message. So I'm assuming that when I killed myself and left, another player got killed by the rocket that was coming for me. Sure, I would have deserved a warning. Maybe even a shout or something. However, I do not think a ban was the apropriate action.

I can wait the day, however. If I could get rid of this suspension that would be great and I'd sincerely appreciate it!

Khalin
Cloudboys

Re: Unfair ban

Post by Cloudboys »

You were team killed by players who don't know how to play the game, so move away from them, they're new, learning how to orbit the rocket, you were in their way. From what I remember correctly, I never saw a single person say Khalin clutch or kick or anything along the lines.

When the rocket is yours, and is travelling to you, and you suicide, that's called suicide team killing, the rocket goes to another player on your team without the sentry beep that tells them it's their rocket. That is called team killing on purpose, you then left the server before I could tell you to not to, even though your attitude towards me in the server and consistently bringing up the targetting rule for some reason, I gave you the day ban because you left instantly.

I think the ban should stay, no reason for me to remove it. If you stayed after you did the team kill, I would of told you not to and given you a warning but you left instantly.
WhySoSeriousGaming

Hi Landooney, I would just like to point out that I was not team killed by new players, not even close. I was team killed three times by Storm, twice my tornado and once or twice by robbie. Secondly, Idjit was the one who said it, and he said it in mic. One more thing, I didn't leave the server trying to escape any punishments, I left (and killed myself) because I needed to go to dinner.
Last edited by WhySoSeriousGaming on Wed Nov 30, 2016 8:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cloudboys

Post by Cloudboys »

Not going to lie, Storm was maybe the worst player on there at the time, my point is, the people that died with you, they weren't trying to team kill you in any way. I was informed by Idjit that he did say that but it doesn't matter, you suicide team killed, then left the server.

Ban should stay.
WhySoSeriousGaming

I appreciate your love of my favorite server, and I'm happy we have people like you trying to enforce the rules to try to keep people who would like to troll and ruin everyone else's experience out. On the other hand, this was the first time I had done it after countless attempts on me. (No, they didn't die with me, they purposely tried to team kill me. One of them even had the nerve to tell me "Now that's targeting". Yet, you completely ignored him.) Another thing I'd like to add is that it was not in fact intentional, I was late for dinner (I only realized this because Idjit said clutch or kick and I went to look at the time) and I assumed that Anix was capable of deflecting such a slow rocket and was just trying to lighten up the server before I left.

Khalin
Cloudboys

Post by Cloudboys »

If you were late for dinner, die to the rocket, don't just suicide then leave, obviously you know that is a team kill and that is bannable, you broke the rule. On the hand of other hand of people who apparently team killed you, I saw people die with you, as in the rocket hit you, and the other player, just two players together not hitting the rocket, therefore you both die.

Ban should stay.
White Sedan
Veteran

Post by White Sedan »

Whether the team kill was intentional or not, leaving immediately after is considered punishment evasion. For that reason, the ban will stay.
----
Hoff wrote:Consider yourself lucky I am not taking legal action against your server.