Post by majin77 »

Your Steam Community Link: http://steamcommunity.com/id/DakinFTW101
Your Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:92900267

Which Admin Punished You: MoneyKidKing
Type of punishment(ban, mute, silence or gag): Ban
Server where you received the punishment: Freak Fortress #1

How long they punished you for: Permanently

Reason why they punished you: Admin Impersonation

Reason why you think this punishment is unfair/uncalled for/biased, etc.
I jokingly said I was a "Fake Admin" and that I could "fake ban" people. Thought people figured out that it was only a joke. Guess not.

Reason why we should remove the punishment:
I'm a regular on the server, and a lot of people seem to enjoy when I play on there. I've never really had any troubles with any admins. Never been muted, gagged, or banned. Overall I'm a pretty good player, just got banned for a joke. I do however apoligize for any inconvience I caused. It won't happen again.

#ban #dakin #chevillian #admin #joke
Last edited by majin77 on Mon Dec 05, 2016 5:27 am, edited 2 times in total.
MoneyKidKing

Re: Dakin's Ban Appeal

Post by MoneyKidKing »

So from what I saw of you on the server (after receiving a report about you impersonating an admin), you had been picking on a younger player, trying to get him to not use his mic. Although I only saw part of it, it was an action that is not welcomed on our servers, which was you saying "I thought I told you to stop talking, or I'd ban you". I honestly don't see why something like this would be considered an acceptable joke, especially with the news banner that is in chat all the time that states that admin impersonation will lead to punishment.

I honestly dont' see a reason why you should be unbanned.
Last edited by MoneyKidKing on Mon Dec 05, 2016 6:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
Shia Suprise
Spoiler
majin77

Post by majin77 »

MoneyKidKing wrote:So from what I saw of you on the server (after receiving a report about you impersonating an admin), you had been picking on a younger player, trying to get him to not use his mic. Although I only saw part of it, it was an action that is not welcomed on our servers, which was you saying "I thought I told you to stop talking, or I'd ban you". I honestly don't see why something like this would be considered an acceptable joke, especially with the news banner that is in chat all the time that states that admin impersonation will lead to punishment.

I honestly dont' see a reason why you should be unbanned.
Before you actually joined the server, I made it pretty clear that I wasn't actually an admin. Some people went along with the joke even saying stuff like "!fakeunban (username)". It's all a matter of opinion I suppose. Like I said in the original post, this is my first punishment ever, and I've never had any troubles with admins. I've been playing on this server for quite some time now and I've met some pretty cool people and they seem to enjoy my time there as well. And I guess I don't understand the part where you said "I honestly dont' see a reason why you should be unbanned". I tend to see this a lot on other peoples appeals, and on other server forums. Like are we supposed to have some profound reason why we should be unbanned? All seriousness here, I put my best answer in my first post, and I put it here too. I apologize for what I did, and if you'd like me to apologize to the kid I teased than I'll do that too.
Last edited by majin77 on Mon Dec 05, 2016 10:00 pm, edited 2 times in total.
MoneyKidKing

Post by MoneyKidKing »

After having further time to review your ban, and after speaking with Fire, we have determined that we will shorten your ban to one day due to the fact that it was an "obvious joke". If you another situation like this happens, the punishment will stay as we take admin impersonation very seriously.
Also, as far as you having "no previous punishments", you already had 1 warning for disobeying an admin on our servers before your ban.
Shia Suprise
Spoiler
Dongle
Forum Mod

Post by Dongle »

Appeal accepted.
ImageImage