Ban appeal

Trinity

Ban appeal

Post by Trinity »

our Steam Community Link: 76561197981887069
Your Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:10810670

Which Admin Punished You: WhiteSedan
Type of punishment(ban, mute, silence or gag): banned
Server where you received the punishment: -[DISC-FF.com]- |24/7 Idle/Trade #1| [RTD/BP]

How long they punished you for: a week

Reason why they punished you: abusing report feature

Reason why you think this punishment is unfair/uncalled for/biased, etc. I did nothing wrong, my only two mistakes were: 1. I tried to help out by reporting. 2. I didn't fully explore your reporting abuse menu since the "report exploit" seems to be on page two.

Reason why we should remove the punishment: because you don't ban someone for messing up a step in the reporting process, you point them in the right direction, like when you call your phone company and go to the wrong directory just so you can talk to a person finally. Yes, you ended up in the wrong place, but now they see that there is a problem and simply guide you to the right place where they deal with it. They don't cut off your phone access (which is basically what happened to me here). Similarly, I reported someone for what I thought to be hacking at the time, then later found out it was an exploit, I still don't see the difference really, it looked like hacking to me and many on the server at the time agreed with me. I still did the right thing (arguably the wrong way), they were breaking the rules, I went to ask for help in the best way I knew how at the time, why am I being punished for trying to make your server experience better for others?

Just an added fyi, the guy in question was taunting me to report him and also mocking me in chat for 5-10 minutes. I couldn't care less about that part, all I wanted to really report was his use of a sniper from a prohibited location where nobody else could use a sniper, supposedly not even the admins can use any ranged weapons on the surf, but he's somehow special and gets away with it because he knows of a way to exploit the game.

Even if you don't remove my ban, I suggest you look into my report and find his name and take action towards it, whatever that may be according to your server rules. Otherwise you're simply letting someone get away with it and they will continue to do it, on your servers and possibly other ones, effectively ruining the experience for many players. So more than an appeal for my ban, it's more me asking you to actually do your job and do something about the guy I reported.

Again, I personally do not care that I got shot several times from places that your rules say "is not allowed to shoot down from" (top box, square in sky, surf). I play the map on other servers and that rule I only found on your server from what I noticed, which is fine, your servers your rules, but if you are going to have a rule, enforce it, don't punish the people who try to point out the ones who disobey the rules. So I repeat, this is about you enforcing your rules. You made the surf MELEE ONLY. NOT ONE PERSON could even pull out anything but a melee weapon while there, except this guy. That is just not fair. That is what I reported, and I (along with others) thought it was hacking, then got banned for thinking it was hacking.
Either allow everyone to be able to use weapons from there, or nobody. Be consistent, it's all I ask and I'm sure I'm not the only one. I'm just one to speak out.

Thanks for reading.
Last edited by Trinity on Sun Dec 18, 2016 6:23 am, edited 3 times in total.
White Sedan
Veteran

Re: Ban appeal

Post by White Sedan »

It has already been decided that your ban will stay due to your extremely rude and unprofessional behavior on your previous posts. If you don't agree with our decision, feel free to find another group of servers. Any more posts on this matter with result in a ban from the forums.
----
Hoff wrote:Consider yourself lucky I am not taking legal action against your server.