Silenced for "ghosting" on a Prophunt server

Pohatu

Silenced for "ghosting" on a Prophunt server

Post by Pohatu »

I was playing on this --> 74.91.113.50:27016 Prophunt server, and while dead I spotted a ghost literally flying around the map. It had several Demoman weapons in odd static positions clipping through it, and it seemed to be noclipping or at least have low gravity/infinite double jumps. There was one prop left, and it was standing still, so obviously this ghost wasn't the prop.

I asked anyone if they knew what the heck that ghost thing was, and they told me to stop ghosting. I don't know if they were being overly literal, but I tried to explain to them that this ghost was not a prop and could not be a prop because its mobility vastly exceeded that of a Scout, and prop models never have weapons clipping through them. I tried to ask twice about this ghost, and got punished for it.

I was silenced for sixty minutes following this, meaning my only place to explain my situation was here.

What do I do?
Bionicle fan and low-tier memer.
White Sedan
Veteran

Re: Silenced for "ghosting" on a Prophunt server

Post by White Sedan »

You can get all your info about the silence on sourcebans and make an appeal here http://www.disc-ff.com/viewforum.php?f=58. Be sure to follow the correct format if you do.
Last edited by White Sedan on Wed Feb 22, 2017 3:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
----
Hoff wrote:Consider yourself lucky I am not taking legal action against your server.
Pohatu

Post by Pohatu »

I don't want to take measures that drastic, as it is only a 60 minute chat silence, but I am wondering a bit about why it happened, what that ghost thing was and how I can avoid it in the future. I wasn't trying to ghost and I wasn't even referring to a prop or prop location.

Also, I guess I muted on all DISC FF servers, because I cannot chat on Freak Fortress either.
PembrokeWelshCorgi
Veteran

Post by PembrokeWelshCorgi »

The ghost is one of the available props, and talking about props while on red team or dead on blue is prohibited. This may have been an accident, but in the future, use teamchat to talk about props if you are on red team.

Also, as Sedan mentioned, in the future, if you have a dispute, please use the appropriate section of the forums.
In the not too distant future, next Sunday A.D....
Pohatu

Post by Pohatu »

I understand that the ghost is an available prop, but it was plainly obvious that this ghost was not a prop. (Demoman weapons clipping through, no one targeting it despite the fact that it was basically flying in front of players on the red team, everyone was searching for the last prop, which I was spectating and it wasn't the ghost.) I don't know who or how the ghost was a thing, but it was there. It's a pretty weak argument, I know, but I stand by what I saw.

I guess I just shouldn't talk about anything that could possibly be related to a prop in the future, even if it isn't one no matter how obvious it is.
Also, does anyone have any explanation as to what this ghost could have been? Because I thought it was a prop at first too, but then I noticed its movements, weapons and apparent nonexistence to the red team and realized it must be something else.
PembrokeWelshCorgi
Veteran

Post by PembrokeWelshCorgi »

There is a graphical error where the blue team will sometimes appear as props. When it happens, it's not always obvious what the player is seeing. This may have been what you were experiencing, and I'm sorry if I didn't understand what you were trying to say, but in this situation, the best thing to do is to use team chat so you aren't incidentally ghosting.
In the not too distant future, next Sunday A.D....
Pohatu

Post by Pohatu »

Well, that would explain the "flying" since they had a sticky jumper and loose cannon as part of them...

I'm glad I got this sorted out.

Thanks.
Last edited by Pohatu on Wed Feb 22, 2017 4:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
Armen
Veteran

Post by Armen »

Next time, please use the correct sub-forum and correct format.