Unsilence Appeal

Ian225

Unsilence Appeal

Post by Ian225 »

Your Steam Community Link: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198066100322/
Your Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:52917297

Which Admin Punished You: Yang, Abraham
Type of punishment: Silence
Server where you received the punishment: -[DISC-FF.com]- |24/7 PropHunt| [Hide & Seek]

How long they punished you for: Permanent, ~8 months ago

Reason why they punished you: Repetitive toxic behavior

Reason why you think this punishment is unfair/uncalled for/biased, etc:

I believe this punishment was unfair for being permanent. I am a consistent regular and well known player on the prophunt server, and I talk to a vast number of regulars who have played on the server before and after my silence; however, the trend I hear from them is that I heavily improved my behavior sincerely. Although the admins were constantly irritated by me, I can’t stress it enough that I received enough time to no longer act distrustful, and I have realized my biggest mistake was not giving any admin respect at all. I owe an apology to Samba in particular for doing his job when calling me out for being toxic, and oh boy I had to learn a lesson, forgetting to give him, and all the prop-hunt admins, respect for patrolling the server and taking their time to be an admin.

Reason why we should remove the punishment:

My punishment should be removed because I have improved from close to a year ago. I’ve been able to spend the time to think about the way I used to act on the server, and I have improved my behavior, maturity, and attitude. I know I have offended the rules many times in the past and I am saying this now, but I know I will abide the rules put in place and no longer break them. Though “repetitive toxic behavior” was my reason for being silenced, I assure you it is no longer true. My old “I don’t care what you think therefore I will do what I want” attitude is gone forever and hopefully my silence as well. Respecting the admins for what they do is my top priority, and that will always be my top priority.
PembrokeWelshCorgi
Veteran

Re: Unsilence Appeal

Post by PembrokeWelshCorgi »

You've been helpful in notifying me of rule breakers, and you haven't abused any exploits since last being warned. I'm fine with the silence being lifted as long as you don't continue any toxic behaviour.

It should be noted that while I wasn't involved in this punishment, neither of the admins involved are active.
Last edited by PembrokeWelshCorgi on Fri May 12, 2017 1:57 am, edited 2 times in total.
In the not too distant future, next Sunday A.D....
Abraham
Veteran

Post by Abraham »

Im no longer an admin and as stated above, havent been active on the server in a while, but I have to step in to point out Ian has had more chances than anyone should ever have, I dont see the point of having a permanent punishment if it gets removed after time. He was given plenty of warnings and it was made clear to him that he would be permanently silenced if he wouldnt fix his behaviour which he didnt do at the time being. Id say he is 8months late with the correction, im leaving it up to Spicy to decide but I highly recommend the punishment stays.

If anything, the punishment could and in all honesty should be changed to permanent gag. Ian was a troublemaker over chat not so much on voice, his past excessive use of binds etc caused a lot of disruption and that shouldnt go unnoticed.
Last edited by Abraham on Sat May 13, 2017 2:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImageImage
Soup
Veteran

Post by Soup »

I am okay with the silence being removed as long as you continue to follow the rules and not be toxic.
Ian225

Post by Ian225 »

As to Soup and Pembroke, do not worry, I will not be toxic. I have learned my lesson well. I've gotten around 8 or so regulars within the past week or two telling me to write this appeal because they know I won't screw it up again.

As for Abraham, I have to agree on your point to an extent. I was given several chances for myself and I blew them, but the perma-silence did come without warning. It was permanent because I did not deserve to be forgiven at the time being, and you are saying it was permanent because even over time I could never be forgiven; however, this appeal was written to prove why the permanent silence should have not been permanent. Even if I am "8 months late", that is because I would ask one of you admins every month or two to see if appealing would be a good idea (in which I did not receive a "yes" until now).

Having a perma-gag instead of a silence would be O.K. with me, as long as I could appeal that another time in the future. There was this one lenny bind I used to constantly spam, but I remember deleting it right after my gag because I know that was a major reason for the punishment. I know you remember when you told Yang to punish me and he originally forgot to mute me. There was about a month's time where you guys didn't know I wasn't muted (I didn't know I should have either since no admin told me), and during that time I did not break any rules while using the mic. Of course, as stated in my appeal, I have changed and I wouldn't spam anymore. If I do something wrong, you could just perma-ban me and say that was the last of me.

Last edited by Ian225 on Sat May 13, 2017 2:44 pm, edited 3 times in total.
White Sedan
Veteran

Post by White Sedan »

Your mute will be removed and the gag will be changed to 3 weeks.
----
Hoff wrote:Consider yourself lucky I am not taking legal action against your server.