Abusive Admins (Banned for saying the word "paint can")

Seelder

Abusive Admins (Banned for saying the word "paint can")

Post by Seelder »

Your Steam Community Link: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198053223201
Your Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:46478736

Which Admin Banned You: Soup
Server which you have been banned on: Prop-hunt

How long they banned you for: One week

Reason why they banned you: Punishment evasion

Reason why you think this ban is unfair/uncalled for/biased, etc:
The admin by the name of Soup has been extremely abusive and insincere when working on the server.

Soup had muted and gagged me for saying the words "this paint can is pro at dodging" while I was dead and a seeker was yelling about how he couldn't hit the paint can I was shooting at.

Apparently, complimenting someone's dodging skills is not allowed on this server, and is considered ghosting, even though EVERYONE ON THE SEEKERS TEAM IS SHOOTING AT THE CAN AND KNOWS EXACTLY WHERE IT IS.

You can see the punishment dished out here:

When I tried to add the admin and discuss with him, he actively ignored me and extended the punishment to a one week ban.

Clearly Soup is not abiding by server protocol, as instead of trying to discuss with the players and maybe defuse a situation, he instead goes straight to using brute force and does it in a clearly immature way, scoffing at the idea of discussing with me at all.

Reason why we should unban you:
It is clear that I was just trying to enjoy myself and talk with the other players in the server, but instead of promoting community interaction, Soup instead decided to stop it for his own motives.

I'm not sure if he has something against me, or is some kind of rule skeptic, but he did what he did. I don't think I did anything wrong, and even if I did, Soup was not receptive whatsoever to any kind of mature discussion.

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

IN CONCLUSION...

I would consider a stern talk with Soup or a demotion after this disrespectful and unforgivable actions as admin. It is simply going to scare new players away from the server if the first thing they see is an abusive mod that is unwilling to discuss or dispute his decisions whatsoever; he is essentially being very inflexible and stubborn.

Thanks for reading.

I hope you guys can continue to improve the quality of the server and the staff team. There are clearly still many improvements to be made.
Last edited by Seelder on Fri Jun 09, 2017 1:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
PembrokeWelshCorgi
Veteran

Re: Abusive Admins (Banned for saying the word "paint can")

Post by PembrokeWelshCorgi »

I was the one warning you not to ghost. When you are on red team or dead on blue team, you are not supposed to talk about props under any circumstance. I said that multiple times and you kept yelling 'paint can'. I told you to stop, then Soup proceeded to mute you. You continued to use text chat to ghost, ignoring warnings, so I gagged you.

Your spray is what lead to the ban. By making a spray with a message to the admin, you were avoiding your punishment.
In the not too distant future, next Sunday A.D....
Seelder

Post by Seelder »

This is simply not true.

I was yelling "that paint can is so good at dodging" as someone on the SEEKING team was SHOOTING THE PAINT CAN. I can't fathom how that is ghosting.

The spray? I simply did that since the admins were unwilling to add me whatsoever. As an admin, you should ALWAYS be ready to discuss with people who are muted in private conversation.

It is simply not doing your duties if you won't try to defuse the situation.
Seelder

Post by Seelder »

Oh, and also, I would like other staff's opinion on this. I don't think it is fair for only corgi to respond.
PembrokeWelshCorgi
Veteran

Post by PembrokeWelshCorgi »

Players that are alive on Blue team are allowed to talk about props. Just because they mention a prop doesn't mean you can.

Also, only players/admins involved in the punishment can comment on disputes.

Again, the reason you were banned was NOT because you were ghosting, but because you used your spray to bypass your silence. If you wanted to dispute your punishment, you should have filed your dispute BEFORE bypassing your punishment.
Last edited by PembrokeWelshCorgi on Fri Jun 09, 2017 1:54 am, edited 2 times in total.
In the not too distant future, next Sunday A.D....
Soup
Veteran

Post by Soup »

First off you were on the red team and dead when I muted you for arguing with Pembroke and for not following the rules. He was nicely asking you not to ghost and explaining to you that you shouldn't talk about the props when not alive on the blue team. You kept arguing with him and talking over him and that's why I muted you.

Next, you decided to comtinue in chat and Pembroke gagged you. http://imgur.com/tLqhiWU

After you were gagged you kept leaving and coming back. Then you sprayed a spray asking us to PM you. Pembroke removed the spray and asked that you not spray it again because it was punishment evasion and he told you that you would be banned. You left and came back a few more times and then sprayed another spray (http://imgur.com/gQWPui4) and I removed it and you sprayed it again right in front of me. I then banned you for one week.

Lastly, your way of having a mature discussion was to post this on my profile: http://imgur.com/DR6nIRs

You don't seem to be able to follow directions and you are very rude. I believe the ban should stay.
Last edited by Soup on Fri Jun 09, 2017 2:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
MoneyKidKing

Post by MoneyKidKing »

The admins were informing you of the rules of the server regarding "red or dead, do not talk about props". This is included talking about any prop, or location on the map while on red team, or dead on blue.

Your inability to listen to their requests is not an abuse of power. You had two different admins tell you the rules, and ask you not to do it again in the future. You proceeded to ignore them, harass them and use methods to try to get around the punishment.

Please keep in mind that if an admin is asking you to follow the rules, don't argue with them. If you need clarification on any rule, feel free to ask any available admin and they should be more than willing to help you understand. Also, please refrain from harassing our admins in any way, as all it serves to do is make you look like you're in the wrong, no matter the original issue. If you have any further complaints about how admins handle the server, make sure you record a demo, and we would be more than happy to review it for you.

Unless you have any further proof, the ban will stay.

EDIT: No additional proof provided, this thread has been locked.
Last edited by MoneyKidKing on Sat Jun 10, 2017 3:55 am, edited 2 times in total.
Shia Suprise
Spoiler